Andre Johnson...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
I am not as crazy about our wide receivers as most. Quick I like but we don't know at what level he will return from injury. I like the potential of our group and think Quick, Bailey, and Austin will improve, but most games I watch other than the Rams I see a receiver who is better than anything we have. Just being honest. If White or Cooper were there at ten I would take either of them before anyone else except if there really is a Santa Claus and MM was still there. So the long answer here is no I don't want Johnson but yes I want another receiver besides what's on the roster now.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I think I'd prefer to get Britt back over Gramps Johnson.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
He has had a great career but it's effectively finished now. His production has fallen off but his salary has stayed high. It would just be an absolute waste at this point.

Production has fallen off?

Over 1400 yards in 2012 and 2013. 936 yards last season while missing a whopping one game. With Ryan Fitzpatrick and Ryan Mallet at QB.

I'd def. take Andre Johnson.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
85 catches and 936 yards is outstanding production from a Rams standpoint.

Is it worth the remainder of our cap space to take in a player who has maybe one good year left in him, make him learn the offense, and have him play over our rising young talent at WR? We already have a mentor in Britt.

Athos

Legend
Woulda say yes last year, but our FA bullets need to be spent on the o-line. Maybe an upgrade over Dunbar.

And if you want a WR, get a younger one in the draft.

If we had Bradford, I'd be more willing as we'd be a step from the SuperBowl. But that ain't a certainty.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/04/andre-johnson-asks-texans-to-release-him/

Andre Johnson asks Texans to release him
Posted by Mike Florio on March 4, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpty2mjewyjjhmmu1mjyyymzlztg5ywfmndhlmjc4ntfk-e1411943679716.jpeg
Getty Images

The Texans recently gave receiver Andre Johnson permission to seek a trade. Johnson won’t be doing that.

Johnson’s agent, Kennard McGuire, tells PFT that he has asked the Texans to release Johnson.

The impasse arose when the Texans recently informed Johnson he’d have a reduced role in 2015. Johnson responded by saying that he won’t be happy with a reduced role, so it would be better for him to be elsewhere.

The Texans responded by granting him permission to seek a trade. McGuire believes deliberately leaked to John McClain of the Houston Chronicle the notion that Johnson asked for a trade in an effort to minimize local criticism of the franchise for its treatment of a player who has been with the Texans for all but one year of the team’s existence.

“After 12 years of being a model citizen, an ambassador, and the face of this franchise, he deserves more than a mishandled P.R. campaign that showcases only one side of the story,” McGuire told PFT on Wednesday morning. “After 12 years, he deserves to be sent off in a better way.”

Indeed he does. The Texans know that no one will pay $11.5 million to a receiver who’ll turn 34 in July. At most, a trade would have happened with Johnson doing a new deal. So instead of doing a new deal elsewhere as part of a trade, he should have been cut and given the chance to do that new deal elsewhere.

The ball is now back in the team’s court. The only right thing to do at this point is to thank Johnson for his 12 years of loyal service and release him, giving him a six-day head start on the unrestricted free agency market.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He has had a great career but it's effectively finished now. His production has fallen off but his salary has stayed high. It would just be an absolute waste at this point.
Wouldnt you expect some fall off in production with the QB's he's had to endure in Houston? Eek. Talk about making lemonade from lemons, this guy has been amazing
I'd sign him in a second

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Is it worth the remainder of our cap space to take in a player who has maybe one good year left in him, make him learn the offense, and have him play over our rising young talent at WR? We already have a mentor in Britt.

I certainly wouldn't spend huge bucks on him...so "remainder of our cap space is out", but for the right price he might be a very good pick-up. He is still producing, and yes he might have some drop off but he could be our version of Boldin. Comparing him to Britt as a mentor I will take him every day and twice on Sunday. Britt may be able to do more "don't do what I did" lectures...but he has no playoff experience, has never played at an elite level, and he certainly isn't noted for his great routes or adjustments. These are all things Johnson could bring to the table.

http://www.battleredblog.com/2014/4...-how-andre-johnson-is-molding-deandre-hopkins

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seems that most everyone on ROD agrees that we need to address the Oline as significantly as we can.

But, the first "shiny toy" that shows up and some want to eat up valuable cap space that could go toward fortifying the Oline with a 34 year old WR who would be catching passes from we-know-know-who?

Pass.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I certainly wouldn't spend huge bucks on him...so "remainder of our cap space is out", but for the right price he might be a very good pick-up. He is still producing, and yes he might have some drop off but he could be our version of Boldin. Comparing him to Britt as a mentor I will take him every day and twice on Sunday. Britt may be able to do more "don't do what I did" lectures...but he has no playoff experience, has never played at an elite level, and he certainly isn't noted for his great routes or adjustments. These are all things Johnson could bring to the table.

http://www.battleredblog.com/2014/4...-how-andre-johnson-is-molding-deandre-hopkins

The problem I see is you have a once elite WR nearing the end of his career and has never been on a truly contending team. He is only going to want to play for a proven contender or get paid great money to aid a struggling team. I am not doubting he could make a difference but I am doubting he signs a reasonable deal (his last deal) with a team who hasn't been in playoff contention in over a decade and has questions at QB.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Wouldnt you expect some fall off in production with the QB's he's had to endure in Houston? Eek. Talk about making lemonade from lemons, this guy has been amazing
I'd sign him in a second

Whoever signs Johnson is getting an ex-elite receiver with an elite receiver price tag. Either that or he is going to a playoff team.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
The problem I see is you have a once elite WR nearing the end of his career and has never been on a truly contending team. He is only going to want to play for a proven contender or get paid great money to aid a struggling team. I am not doubting he could make a difference but I am doubting he signs a reasonable deal (his last deal) with a team who hasn't been in playoff contention in over a decade and has questions at QB.

I agree he is likely going to a contender, and likely at a reasonable price. I also agree that I would not pay him elite money to come here.