And the Winner Is...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who do you consider as the best pair of announcers?

• Al Michaels / Cris Collinsworth (NBC)

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Jim Nantz / Phil Simms (CBS)

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Kevin Burkhardt / John Lynch (FOX)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mike Tirico / Jon Gruden (ESPN)

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Brad Nessler / Mike Mayock (NFLN)

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Joe Buck / Troy Aikman (FOX)

Votes: 26 36.6%
  • Kenny Albert / Daryl Johnston (FOX)

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Other

Votes: 6 8.5%

• Total voters

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
You mean Mel Kiper Jr.................. Jr..............?

My extreme disdain for Mayock began back when we played Arizona on Thursday night a year or 2 ago. He was openly screaming like a little schoolgirl for Arizona during the broadcast... remember the play were we knocked one of the Cardinal RBs The Fuck Out? Well,,, if you watch that replay you'll hear Maybitch screaming with extreme feminine excitement as the card RB was making a big gain on his run. If he hadn't been on air,,, my suspicion is that he would have started a hissy fit foot-stomping cry fest when we jacked the card player. You could hear the wind pour completely out of his sails after it all happened.

THAT guy.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
My extreme disdain for Mayock began back when we played Arizona on Thursday night a year or 2 ago. He was openly screaming like a little schoolgirl for Arizona during the broadcast... remember the play were we knocked one of the Cardinal RBs The freak Out? Well,,, if you watch that replay you'll hear Maybitch screaming with extreme feminine excitement as the card RB was making a big gain on his run. If he hadn't been on air,,, my suspicion is that he would have started a hissy fit foot-stomping cry fest when we jacked the card player. You could hear the wind pour completely out of his sails after it all happened.

THAT guy.

I remember that hit. Wasn't it Ryan Williams that got laid out? Either way, that was a brutal brutal hit. I thought it was a career ender when it first happened. Literally knocked him the **** out.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I remember that hit. Wasn't it Ryan Williams that got laid out? Either way, that was a brutal brutal hit. I thought it was a career ender when it first happened. Literally knocked him the **** out.

It was a brutal hit. But it was Mayock's behavior immediately preceeding the hit that has caused me to want to turn the sound off whenever I hear his voice now.

Thank fully,,, the card RB was OK. He got knocked The Fuck Out... but he was OK.

Ramatik

Starter
Kenny Albert / Daryl Johnston is my favorite crew to listen to. Buck/Aikman after that. I like the broadcasts that aren't a circus.

People like Collingsworth and Gruden are clowns.

anode8

Professional lurker, occasional poster.
Name
Ron
I went with Tirico/Gruden, but solely because of Mike Tirico. I think you could pair him with just about any color analyst and have a good broadcast.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Faulk / Holt

Just Playin. I like Gruden and Tirico and Buck and Aikman of those choices. I really like Tim Ryan. Give me a Tim Ryan / Gus Johnson booth and I am happy. I can listen to Gus Johnson call anything, haha. Dude is a spaz.

Evidence:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
My extreme disdain for Mayock began back when we played Arizona on Thursday night a year or 2 ago. He was openly screaming like a little schoolgirl for Arizona during the broadcast... remember the play were we knocked one of the Cardinal RBs The freak Out? Well,,, if you watch that replay you'll hear Maybitch screaming with extreme feminine excitement as the card RB was making a big gain on his run. If he hadn't been on air,,, my suspicion is that he would have started a hissy fit foot-stomping cry fest when we jacked the card player. You could hear the wind pour completely out of his sails after it all happened.

THAT guy.
Yeah ,that guy.
During the draft he's good
I wrote his performance off during that game as not him being anti Ram as much as vested in the national media flavor of the month (Cardinals) who's defense was dominant and was 4-0 until we bitch slapped their asses,IOW ,"OMG I was wrong" let's give that the name "ZN complex":ROFLMAO:

Psycho_X

Legend
I enjoy Al Michaels a lot as an announcer and always have despite the people they always stick him with. Collinsworth has gotten less awful over the years as he's grown up some. But I always prefer Michaels.

Buck and Aikman aren't bad but some times they can be a bit arrogant. But they'd be my second choice.

Anyone who has ever announced for ESPN is awful and I hate when I have to watch a game on there for the last 15 years at least. Gruden is horrible.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I voted other, Tim Ryan and Chris Meyers. Ryan really focuses on the line play during the game. He loves DT play, thats all he talked about in the colts and saints game. I cannot stand Collinsworth. And the trio of Johnston, Albert, and Siragusa bothers me.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I almost went with Buck / Aikmen, but Al Michaels could win that list on his own.

MauiRam

Rookie
Aikman is a better than decent announcer, but he is still a cowboy. Can't forgive him for that .. I went for Al Michaels and Colly. Colly is kind of like Gruden in that people seem to love him or hate him. I happen to like him. Mark Schlereth is probably my favorite radio sports guy - I don't know if he announces on tv .. Anyone hear him talking about eating dead flies the other day? Hilarious !!

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Madden and Summerall?
I do get sick of hearing Joe Buck though. Do we need him to announce every sporting event?
My personal favorite is Paul Allen who does the Vikings color commentary on the radio. Dude just kills me.

riseballs

UDFA
Okay guys, let the debate begin. Who do you feel is the best announcing crew currently in the NFL? Also, what guys would you pair-up as your "dream team" to announce any given game(s).
I wouldnt vote for any of these main stream media monkeys. I'm a little old school in this regard. Give me someone that doesnt talk through the plays. Ray Scott of the 60's is the man for me.

TXRams86

The Infamous
my vote goes to buck and aikman.

one of our local radio stations does a segment on their morning show called "sounds of the game."
they take commentary from monday night football games and show how dirty they sounds out of context.
it's gives me a chuckle hearing gruden say things like "he takes it, linebacker comes in the hole and just POUNDS him."
o_O

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I went with "Other", and it would be Siciliano with Faulk and Holt. Honestly, Faulk and Holt have excellent insight on players and are fair and unbiased. Sure, they prefer the Rams, but they've shown that they appreciate good play from both sides. And to be quite honest, Siciliano is a decent play-by-play announcer. Definitely not a Jack Buck or Dan Kelly, but who is?