An interesting draft rumor...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
@Bischoff_Scott: A lot of talk amongst my sources telling me that the Rams are worried that their guy won't be around at 6, LSU ties but not who you think it is

@Bischoff_Scott: Rams are concerned their guy will be gone because multiple teams are trying to move up to 3 or 4 and take their guy

This fellas name is Scott Bischoff. He's a draft intern for New Era scouting. Take this with a grain of salt, at the very least it makes for a good discussion.

Hes not giving away the name of that player, but people asked him if it was Richardson or Claiborne. He said no. A few people asked him if its Brockers, he hasnt responded to them yet.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
JdashSTL said:
@Bischoff_Scott: A lot of talk amongst my sources telling me that the Rams are worried that their guy won't be around at 6, LSU ties but not who you think it is

@Bischoff_Scott: Rams are concerned their guy will be gone because multiple teams are trying to move up to 3 or 4 and take their guy

This fellas name is Scott Bischoff. He's a draft intern for New Era scouting. Take this with a grain of salt, at the very least it makes for a good discussion.

Hes not giving away the name of that player, but people asked him if it was Richardson or Claiborne. He said no. A few people asked him if its Brockers, he hasnt responded to them yet.
It would have to be Brockers, no? Richardson isn't from LSU.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
JdashSTL said:

It would have to be Brockers, no? Richardson isn't from LSU.

The choice of words is odd. He said "LSU ties." Could that mean something different from him going to school at LSU? Im guessing thats why someone said Richardson. His "ties" to LSU is playing against them.

bluecoconuts

Legend
They better trade back if they want Brockers. He's a solid player, but at 6? That's a reach to me.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
That is intriguing.

For what is worth, Wes Bunting and National Football Post, grade Brockers out at 8.0 and actually ahead of Kalil and RGIII.

1)Luck (9.0)
2)Mo (8.5J)
3)Decastro (8.5)
4)Richardson (8.5)
5)Brockers (8.0 DJ)
6) Kalil (8.0 BJ)
7) RGIII (7.5J)
8) Fleener (7.5J)
9) Kuechly (7.5J)
10) Couples (7.5 CU)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
JdashSTL said:
The choice of words is odd. He said "LSU ties." Could that mean something different from him going to school at LSU? Im guessing thats why someone said Richardson. His "ties" to LSU is playing against them.

Does he have ties to Kevin Bacon too? I really don't think the Rams are worried about someone trading up to get Brockers or Randle. :neh:

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Cant you just see Fisher, along with other coaches, telling Snead and the scouts "We can definitely coach this kid up, Haynesworth 2.0(minus the character concerns)."

That scares me a little bit. I watched some of LSUs games this year. He just never jumped out to me. The 2 players I saw make the most impact on their DL were Mingo and Montgomery.

FYI, I know that theres 3 games of his on that Draft Breakdown site: National Title game, Mississippi State, and Ole Miss.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
RamFan503 said:
JdashSTL said:

Does he have ties to Kevin Bacon too? I really don't think the Rams are worried about someone trading up to get Brockers or Randle. :neh:

Possibly. :mrgreen:

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Gotta love the Twitter draft intrigue.

Who would you trade up for If you were the GM? You got man love for a certain player and you just know he won't fall.
Yeah I can see it being Brockers. Some GM's and coaches have huge egos and like nothing better than to pull off a deal like this because if they hit on his upside then the're brilliant. If not, oh well they ere getting fired sometime anyway.

Kalil would be the logical target for a trade at 3 and after that Claiborne. But mocks and the actual team boards diverge greatly after the first couple picks normally.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
JdashSTL said:
RamFan503 said:
JdashSTL said:

Possibly. :mrgreen:

1. Trent Richardson plays for the Alabama Crimson Tide.

2. The Crimson Tide have an elephant as their mascot.

3. Elephants eat hay.

4. Pigs also eat hay.

5. Pigs are slaughtered to create bacon.

6. Bacon is this guy's last name.

...Er, anyway, Brockers' athletic ability and long arms are pretty solid attributes at first glance. Then I look at the physical abilities of someone like Dontari Poe or Fletcher Cox and forget about Brockers entirely. He's not a safe prospect by any means, and he doesn't he have the upside of the other two. The only reason I can think of teams wanting to trade up for him is his ability to play as a 3-4 end, but Devon Still would likely be available where they're picking, and he has a fair bit of talent as well. Oh, and he's a much safer prospect.

If Fisher would be interested in any defensive tackle, it would probably be Poe or Cox. If we're talking LSU ties, the prospect in question is most likely Claiborne.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I would assume it was Brockers. I'm with bluecoconuts, at this point I don't see him as a top 10 player, but he could have a good future. I was disappointed on how he measured. He was said to be a top notch athlete. The more film I watched on him the more I liked, but he had to grow on me.

Still, only 19 reps for a guy his size, and his explosion numbers are very average at best. He scares me a little. He's got a long way to go, IMO.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
He remind anyone else of this guy?

t_26591_05.jpg

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
DR RAM said:
I would assume it was Brockers. I'm with bluecoconuts, at this point I don't see him as a top 10 player, but he could have a good future. I was disappointed on how he measured. He was said to be a top notch athlete. The more film I watched on him the more I liked, but he had to grow on me.

Still, only 19 reps for a guy his size, and his explosion numbers are very average at best. He scares me a little. He's got a long way to go, IMO.

His measurables were extremely disappointing to me as well. I would have expected him to put up the numbers Poe did.

You have to be impressed with how well, a guy of his height, play against the run. That shows his potential. He also plays faster and stronger than he exhibited at the combine. If he learns to use his length to his advantage when rushing the passer, I could see him as an elite DT.

DT isnt a very glamorous position, but Evan Silva posted a stat today that, IMO, demonstrates just how important it is. The "Bucs are 11-8 with Gerald McCoy in the lineup over last 2 seasons. 3-10 when he's been out". Stopping the run has to be a priority.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
libertadrocks said:
DR RAM said:

His measurables were extremely disappointing to me as well. I would have expected him to put up the numbers Poe did.

You have to be impressed with how well, a guy of his height, play against the run. That shows his potential. He also plays faster and stronger than he exhibited at the combine. If he learns to use his length to his advantage when rushing the passer, I could see him as an elite DT.

DT isnt a very glamorous position, but Evan Silva posted a stat today that, IMO, demonstrates just how important it is. The "Bucs are 11-8 with Gerald McCoy in the lineup over last 2 seasons. 3-10 when he's been out". Stopping the run has to be a priority.
Yes, I am impressed with that. He does remind me of Suh a little on tape, but he doesn't come close to his strength, and doesn't have his pass rush skills. But...strength can be added, and skills can be learned...I guess.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Probably meaningless. Probably just to create more intrigue. Can't b'le nothin this time of year.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
How would you guys rank the top 5 DTs in this class? Which one has the most upside?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
DR RAM said:
libertadrocks said:
DR RAM said:

Yes, I am impressed with that. He does remind me of Suh a little on tape, but he doesn't come close to his strength, and doesn't have his pass rush skills. But...strength can be added, and skills can be learned...I guess.

I don't see Suh. I see a more unpolished version of Tyson Jackson when he came out. Similar height (heavier than Jackson), good run-stopping skills, very poor pass-rusher at this point, long arms, raw (less so in Jackson's case), shows impressive athleticism, underrated strength, etc.

The only difference is that Jackson was a three-year starter while Brockers was a one-year wonder. I'm not impressed with Brockers.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'm afraid to say because of Angry Ram. :ohno:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
JdashSTL said:
How would you guys rank the top 5 DTs in this class? Which one has the most upside?

#1 Dontari Poe - and he has the most upside, IMO.
#2 Kendall Reyes - like his speed, power combo, pass rushing skills.
#3 Brandon Thompson - very powerful.
#4 Alameda Ta'amu - quick as a cat, but wears down in games, or would be higher.
#5 Devin Still - like his push.

DT's are very hard to evaluate. I probably like Ta'amu better than anybody. Most of my guys are NT types.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
DR RAM said:
JdashSTL said:

#1 Dontari Poe - and he has the most upside, IMO.
#2 Kendall Reyes - like his speed, power combo, pass rushing skills.
#3 Brandon Thompson - very powerful.
#4 Alameda Ta'amu - quick as a cat, but wears down in games, or would be higher.
#5 Devin Still - like his push.

DT's are very hard to evaluate. I probably like Ta'amu better than anybody. Most of my guys are NT types.

Great list Doc. I like your take.

Call this the looking for the next Sapp list. Teams have been known to do this. Slim results thogh.

1 Brockers.
2 Poe.
3 Cox
4 Still
5 Worthy.