All you blaming the refs on our loss

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

For the love of.....

Cook opi that never happened. 1st down turned to 3rd and very long. Punt. 80 yard td. Quinn strangled around the neck. No Call.

tjmac holding that never happened. 4th down turned into 1st down. Td pass. Donald beats his man, gets held from behind. No call.

3-14 turns into 17-14. Rams fall in a heap.

No you're right. the refs had absolutely no bearing on the result.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
The niners scored 3 TDs that should have been brought back due to holding, yet the refs neglected to call a single hold. On the second TD there were atleast 2 holds by the sf OL. How did this not effect the outcome? Not to mention the BS OPI on Cook, the officials dont mind calling penalties that never happened, yet the refuse to call the blatant ones that happen right in their face.

If Staley gets called for holding the niners dont score 3 TDs, maybe 1 TD and 1 FG. The 80 yarder would have resulted in no points and atleast 1 of the other 2 would have resulted in a FG attempt, and maybe they overcome 1 and score a TD without holding.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Cook OPI call is the phantom call that really hurt.

GW's idiotic defensive playcall that lead to JJ's bad judgement was the turning point in the entire game.

Fancents86, why start a thread aimed at "you people?" Like Mackeyser said...bad form dude.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
With the Rams any bad calls can make the difference of a W or L. The lack of holding calls by the OT against Quinn is enough in itself.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought I was the only one who noticed that Quinn was being mugged on every play but he has been all year. No calls. The refs can and do control games. The problem is when you lose and bitch about the refs people call it sour grapes. But with the Rams the refs really seem to be controlling the flow and outcome of the game.

rick6fan

UDFA
I agree that the officiating has been very bad...but Quinn was held almost every play last year also, yet still managed to get sacks. What's the difference? Long being out?

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
In all fairness they called holding on SF in the first quarter. It was that run that got stuffed for a loss. The penalty was declined because instead of 1st and 15 it was 2nd and 10. They were about at theier 10 yard line or something when it happened.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For the most part straight up Quinn is unstoppable. I believe opposing coaches have decided they are going to mug him till the refs make them stop. They haven't.

Rams0307

I remember that game the OP mentioned, and I remember the officiating was not good. The thing that bothers me is it's obvious that certain teams get preferential treatment from officials. It gets old because it does affect outcomes over time.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Do me a favor, go watch the redskins game from 2012 when the replacement refs were in place. We were denied first downs, touchdowns, etc. hell I think we were down by almost 30 points in the 3rd qtr. But we came back and won. A tough team finds a way to win, a soft team lets the momentum get the best of them. We are a weak team. stop blaming the refs for one bad call and saying they lost the game for us. San Fran had them too and they still prevailed.
OHHHH I DON'T disagree that we got some calls ,in fact I thought up until the Cook call the refs. might be giving us the game ,but the call against Cook and all the non calls for holding against Staley convinced me that at best I don't know what holding and PI are, second best the refs. don't and at worst these games are being orchestrated .
BUT FWIW your post is as Mackeyser said "bad form" you are telling others what not to post and it comes off autocratic,no use denying it,it only makes it worse.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here's one for the conspiracy guys. Did anyone else hear Gruden call the deep ball? Something about the defense (JJ) not letting Loyld get behind them for the deep throw. Funny. Right before the play.

fancents86

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Alright, after sleeping on the subject and coming back with a clear mind, I just want to apologize. My OP was not intended to sound as rude as it is, but that's what happens when your tired and feeling every negative emotion all at once. Again my apologies for the arrogant OP, it came out not how I intended.

My main focus was the pi call against cook. I mentioned even in "game thread" that I was seeing Quinn being held all game, which I clearly forgot about while making this thread last night bc I will agree those had major outcomes in the game. This needs to be brought up by someone that's in charge over there.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Because our team isn't mentally strong AND our penalty didn't come in the 4th quarter with a comfortable lead.

More like mentally young. They are probably getting pretty tired of playing against the Refs every week. You can only fight for so long, I hear people say good teams can overcome bad penalties but do they overcome them every freaking week?? or do they get them every freaking week? It's very draining even as a fan that we can't do jack about it, think about the players!

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
While I agree that you cannot blame just solely the refs for a loss, you can point out how they changed momentum in the game which changed the course of the game. Going back to the Dallas game. The Rams stopped Dallas on third down but the refs called that completely horrible roughing the passer call. Dallas then proceeded to score a td on that possession. Who knows how that game plays out if they don't make that horrible call. From that point on Dallas had the momentum in that game and came back. Now go to last night. Cook makes a great play to break a tackle and get the first down at the end of the half. Rams clearly have momentum still. But no, a horrible offensive PI call negates that and SF gets the ball back. SF would not have to the ball back with as much time as they did without that call and it also more than likely took at least 3 points off of the board from the Rams. These are two HUGE calls that the refs make that I see as turning points of momentum in the game. Now although the refs can't be blamed solely for our losses, they have made significant terrible calls that had a big change in the game for the other team. The 49ers had done nothing all first half last night. We have every right to be upset with the calls the Rams have been getting. I honestly don't think the Cowboys come back and win without that call. They would have been punting again. The game last night, the Rams just got outplayed and couldn't adjust.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think its fair to say it is their fault that we lost, they were the biggest contributor to the loss. The game was getting out of hand and they had to keep the gamblers interested!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Jared Cook phantom Offensive PI call was HORRIBLE. That should have allowed the Rams in FG position to at least go up 17-3 or maybe even 21-3. Who knows if that 80yd play even happens?

I have just seen a lot of time when we played that the same action is called foul when we play in offense and when we play in defense.How it's possible? The Cook's touch is the same that Mc.Donald contact.Why the first one is offensive passing and the second defensive?I am tired on this refrs ... Last years with the whiners, the same situation ...

the refs deserve the blame. If that play stood as it should, we go into halftime up 17-3 or 21-3. I don't see the 49ers recovering and I don't see the Rams imploding the way they did.
Excellent Points by these Ram Fans! Glad I'm not the only one who see's it this way!!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Here's one for the conspiracy guys. Did anyone else hear Gruden call the deep ball? Something about the defense (JJ) not letting Loyld get behind them for the deep throw. Funny. Right before the play.
yup

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Not gonna get too worked up about that OPI call, the fact that it got into the team's heads speaks volumes about problems beyond the refs. Good teams overcome those hiccups and apparently, we're far from one.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
It is POSSIBLE to beat both another team and the refs... but it's very difficult.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Agree with the premise, disagree with the message, strongly disagree with the delivery.

Refs can play part of a game, but week in and week out everyone picks out plays and blames the refs for the loss. At some point we're just looking for excuses.

X made a thread yesterday about the Rams having 4 winning seasons out of 25. That's a long time of bad football, and it's not all because of the refs. Blaming the refs says its okay to lose, it's okay to be a bad team, it's okay to make mistakes, because hey the refs are just going to screw us anyway, right? That's bullshit, and loser mentality. You want the calls to go your way? Stop being a team known for mistakes (and we make obvious and bad ones all the time). Want to win? Go out and earn it.

Anything else is just an excuse.