"All-Star" officiating crew assembled for Rams/Chiefs game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
No excuses #amiright

It sure sounds good.

Unfortunately the refs have power without limits. They don't have to let you win if they don't want to. It is within a ref's power to refuse to give the team any touchdowns. Not that they would, but they could.

Also, I understand just beating the people in front of you, regardless of what the refs do it don't do. However, where is the line drawn? Our d love had to be good enough to get sacks and stop the run while being held almost every play. Should the opposing o libe also be allowed to start early? What if they just stopped calling false starts on our opponents? Is that ok too? Where does it stop?

The easy answer? The rules as written. It will never be perfect, but that doesn't mean they should quit trying (and it's quite possible they have).

Let's stop working toward anarchy and start realizing that the rules are written down with people on the field to enforce them for a reason.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
It sure sounds good.

Unfortunately the refs have power without limits. They don't have to let you win if they don't want to. It is within a ref's power to refuse to give the team any touchdowns. Not that they would, but they could.

Also, I understand just beating the people in front of you, regardless of what the refs do it don't do. However, where is the line drawn? Our d love had to be good enough to get sacks and stop the run while being held almost every play. Should the opposing o libe also be allowed to start early? What if they just stopped calling false starts on our opponents? Is that ok too? Where does it stop?

The easy answer? The rules as written. It will never be perfect, but that doesn't mean they should quit trying (and it's quite possible they have).

Let's stop working toward anarchy and start realizing that the rules are written down with people on the field to enforce them for a reason.

Nope.

Bad calls or no calls are just that. Every team will be on the positive or negative side of that at some point during the season.

Teams have so many opportunities to take advantage of matchups and score points or get stops. It's up to the team to capitalize on them.

TexasRam

Legend
At this point Donald has is getting 4 sacks a game even while being held all game. So we are good.

Q729

Legend
But but if they call the holds we could be blowing teams out by 40 pts every week!

dang

Legend
As long as they are consistent for both sides and the safety of the players is set as a priority - then let the Refs do their job - they should not be a factor or an excuse.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
SHUT THE freak UP ABOUT THE REFS freaking THE RAMS.

The team is 9-1 and among the least penalized in the NFL.

And STILL we have this........

It's like dating a really hot chick and complaining that she farted once.

Get the freak over it.
While we may be the less penelized that is not our gripe our gripe is with all the blatent holding being allowed up unto literal headlocks not being called. Or further direct head shot tackling being non called or that tackle made on Donald last week after a very very late whistle a tackle that shouldn't have happened if a ref was doing their job. I could go on but I wont

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Well, as with every week I am hoping for a fairly officiated game. Maybe this all star crew will give us one.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I tells ya, social media is having an impact.

The number of video clips going viral on Twitter showing blatant holds RIGHT IN FRONT OF REFS not being called can't be good for the league.

They feed Cynical Mack and conspiracy-minded types like him with truckloads of circumstantial evidence. And it doesn't help that the league makes a ridiculous amount of money that is likely in the Billions on all the "fantasy football" gambling...yeah, if Nevada calls it gambling, it's gambling. And the NFL is moving a team to Vegas, something that at one point they said they'd NEVER, EVER do because it had the APPEARANCE of impropriety.

I'd love to be wrong and have this be one in a series of steps that the league is taking to not just look like a fairly adjudicated sport, but to actually be one.

Ellard80

Legend
I tells ya, social media is having an impact.

The number of video clips going viral on Twitter showing blatant holds RIGHT IN FRONT OF REFS not being called can't be good for the league.

They feed Cynical Mack and conspiracy-minded types like him with truckloads of circumstantial evidence. And it doesn't help that the league makes a ridiculous amount of money that is likely in the Billions on all the "fantasy football" gambling...yeah, if Nevada calls it gambling, it's gambling. And the NFL is moving a team to Vegas, something that at one point they said they'd NEVER, EVER do because it had the APPEARANCE of impropriety.

I'd love to be wrong and have this be one in a series of steps that the league is taking to not just look like a fairly adjudicated sport, but to actually be one.

I don't think its that complicated - they have been told to call holding less because it prevents injuries to the quarterbacks.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Maybe, but when Fowler was tackled to the ground with no call right in front of the ref, it looked super bad.

It's not a crisis, but if the NFL doesn't nip this in the bud, this feeling that there's a narrative is in danger of going mainstream.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It's not a crisis, but if the NFL doesn't nip this in the bud, this feeling that there's a narrative is in danger of going mainstream.

Plus the strain on my wife & daughter (son on his own now) my daughter always says..."My father never utilizes vulgarity, unless it's directed at NFL Officials.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Yeah, I've worked really, really hard to reform after getting out of the Navy.

But, yeah, if the wife weren't in the room, I'd regress to just after boot...

I'm wanting to increase the creativity in my life, but not trying to be a more creative swearer... is that a word? Swearer? One who swears? Swearian? Swearite? Swearist?

I wish Douglas Adams was around to guide us in this trying time!

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
MNF of two 9-1 teams. This game will be an all time high of viewers across the globe. The NFL front office hand picking the officiating crew bodes well for a fairly called game. Hopefully they are aware of the blatant headlocks, horse-collars and holds on the Rams DL. They know the world will be watching.