Aldon Smith says 'bomb' at an airport: Arrested

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
This is a travesty and makes a mockery of our justice system!

My 81 yr old mother in law was made to feel like a first degree felon when she had an open liquid bottle of anti diarrhea medication in her pocket book ...TSA talked to her & one would have thought she was soon to be whipped, flogged & her skin peeled from her body by TSA agents.

I sure do not understand this result after a actual bomb threat????o_O

Special elites getting special result treatment is nothing new however if past history is a good judge for the future .....:whistle: Smith's next event & there will be one .....is sure to be something really special lets just hope no one gets seriously hurt.

PhxRam

When I went on vacation recently they made my 19 mo. daughter take the bottle out of her mouth so they could screen it.

I am sure you could imagine the end result of taking a babies bottle out of their mouth.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Bomb-bomb-bomb ... Bomb-bomb-b'bomb
Bomb-bomb-bomb ... Bomb-bomb-b'bomb

kkyz1a6ip0ueco2fg.jpg

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
When I went on vacation recently they made my 19 mo. daughter take the bottle out of her mouth so they could screen it.

I am sure you could imagine the end result of taking a babies bottle out of their mouth.
They made this frail little old lady that I was traveling with take off a medical girdle her doctor put on her. Security is one thing but its gone beyond ridiculous. To the point of disgusting really. The whole TSA scene can get pretty tiring to people who travel often. So, with regard to the whole bomb comments situation I sort of empathize really. I know I've wished I could tell those guys off more than once. The difference I guess is that I didn't actually do it.

What is the actual update?... He's getting off on the bomb thing? The NFL has yet to make a decision as to suspension, etc. on all of this ... Is that correct?

PhxRam

They made this frail little old lady that I was traveling with take off a medical girdle her doctor put on her. Security is one thing but its gone beyond ridiculous. To the point of disgusting really. The whole TSA scene can get pretty tiring to people who travel often. So, with regard to the whole bomb comments situation I sort of empathize really. I know I've wished I could tell those guys off more than once. The difference I guess is that I didn't actually do it.

What is the actual update?... He's getting off on the bomb thing? The NFL has yet to make a decision as to suspension, etc. on all of this ... Is that correct?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11162914/aldon-smith-san-francisco-49ers-face-charges-lax-threat

No LAX charges for Aldon Smith

Aldon Smith will not face misdemeanor charges stemming from an arrest for allegedly making a fake bomb threat at Los Angeles International Airport in April.

The 49ers want Aldon Smith to succeed off the field and they continue to support him, but if another situation arises, that may no longer be the case, Bill Williamson writes.

The Los Angeles City Attorney's office said Tuesday morning that Smith will not face charges from the April 13 incident following a long review.

The star San Francisco 49ers linebacker, however, will have a July 30 hearing to address the situation.

A spokesman for the city attorney's office wrote in an email that the hearing's purpose is to provide Smith the opportunity to give his account of the incident. He will then be admonished about the applicable laws and given suggestions on how to avoid similar incidents in the future, the spokesman wrote.

The City Attorney reserves the right to file charges up to one year after the incident. However, no further action is scheduled beyond the office hearing date.

Although this matter appears to be close to finished, Smith's legal issues are not. He will be sentenced July 25 for pleading no contest to three felony gun charges and could face jail time. The NFL could also suspend him.

The 49ers start training camp July 24. Smith has 42 sacks in 43 regular-season games.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
From my point of view, Smith appears to not have harmed anyone and has not done anything outside his sovereign liberties to do so. On the other hand, the gov't had infringed on his rights in what appear to be all counts.
it's not about legalities, its about creating fear in the minds of football fans.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
My 81 yr old mother in law was made to feel like a first degree felon when she had an open liquid bottle of anti diarrhea medication in her pocket book ...TSA talked to her & one would have thought she was soon to be whipped, flogged & her skin peeled from her body by TSA agents.

I sure do not understand this result after a actual bomb threat????o_O

Special elites getting special result treatment is nothing new however if past history is a good judge for the future .....:whistle: Smith's next event & there will be one .....is sure to be something really special lets just hope no one gets seriously hurt.
i take absolutely no crap from the tsa. if any of is anyway out line i immediately request the tsa airport supervisor. under no cicumstances should an american feel that a puic servant is doing anything other than providing a public service.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
From my point of view, Smith appears to not have harmed anyone and has not done anything outside his sovereign liberties to do so. On the other hand, the gov't had infringed on his rights in what appear to be all counts.
it's not about legalities, its about creating fear in the minds of football fans.
Hey. You two calm down. No need to argue.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/07/18/aldon-smith-sentencing

Report: Aldon Smith sentencing moved up to Friday

Print
More
smith.jpg

Photo: Jeff Gross/Getty Images

BY SI WIRE
Email
Posted: Fri Jul. 18, 2014

The sentencing in 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith's weapons and DUI case will take place on Friday at 4:30 p.m. ET, one week earlier than expected.

Smith, 24, faced a July 25 court date after pleading no contest in May to three felony weapons charges and two misdemeanor counts of driving under the influence.

Smith was also arrested in September 2013 on suspicion of DUI charges and was admitted into rehab after deciding to take a leave of absence from football.

In April, Smith was taken into custody at Los Angeles Airport for reportedly making a fake bomb threat. No charges were filed.

Smith, 24, played in 11 games for the 49ers last season, recording 34 total tackles and 8.5 sacks. San Francisco drafted him in the first round out of Missouri in 2011.

Is life too much to ask for?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I could care less about the LAX shit, but there was drunken shooting going on with the weapons charge and if he gets off without doing any time IMA yell JUDGE is a Niner Fan.

Then agin the may use the Jamies WInston precedent.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I hope Justice is done. However, I could care less from a football standpoint. Aldon is very ineffective without Justin Smith. He's also very average against the run. He's an elite clean up(free to roam and make plays). But when challenged man to man or doubled, he's garbage.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11162914/aldon-smith-san-francisco-49ers-face-charges-lax-threat

No LAX charges for Aldon Smith

Aldon Smith will not face misdemeanor charges stemming from an arrest for allegedly making a fake bomb threat at Los Angeles International Airport in April.

The 49ers want Aldon Smith to succeed off the field and they continue to support him, but if another situation arises, that may no longer be the case, Bill Williamson writes.

The Los Angeles City Attorney's office said Tuesday morning that Smith will not face charges from the April 13 incident following a long review.

The star San Francisco 49ers linebacker, however, will have a July 30 hearing to address the situation.

A spokesman for the city attorney's office wrote in an email that the hearing's purpose is to provide Smith the opportunity to give his account of the incident. He will then be admonished about the applicable laws and given suggestions on how to avoid similar incidents in the future, the spokesman wrote.

The City Attorney reserves the right to file charges up to one year after the incident. However, no further action is scheduled beyond the office hearing date.

Although this matter appears to be close to finished, Smith's legal issues are not. He will be sentenced July 25 for pleading no contest to three felony gun charges and could face jail time. The NFL could also suspend him.

The 49ers start training camp July 24. Smith has 42 sacks in 43 regular-season games.
One felony gun charge will get you jail time in CA.
No way he should get off facing three felony charges.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Aldon Smith gets 12 days in jail on DUI charge
Posted by Mike Florio on July 18, 2014

aldon.jpg
Getty Images

49ers linebacker Aldon Smith has not avoided jail time. But he has gotten the closest thing possible to no jail time.

According to Tracy Kaplan of the San Jose Mercury News, a judge has sentenced 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith to 12 days in jail on gun and DUI charges. He gets credit for one day served, and he’ll serve the remaining 11 by participating in a work crew on Mondays, starting July 28.

It means that he’ll typically miss one day of work each week until the 11 days are served, exposing Smith to a fine from the 49ers. The bigger consequence as it relates to Smith’s job comes from the decision to reduce the three weapons charges from felonies to misdemeanors. That gives the outcome far less sting, from a legal standpoint.

He’ll also serve 235 hours of community service and pay a $2,000 fine. Smith will be placed on three years of probation, during which time he can’t own a weapon or ammunition.

The NFL will now review the case for discipline under the personal-conduct policy. Given his history of off-field issues, a suspension is probable. The reduction of the felonies to misdemeanors could help minimize or even eliminate the suspension.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ridiculous. In Arizona the DUI charge alone gets you an overnight stay - none of this "work crew" BS. And three weapons charges? How can the judge pretend that such things should get a slap on the wrist?

Freaking spoiled athletes and their judicial enablers!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
12 fucking days? Must be nice to be a famous piece of shit.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Somethin tell me Roger won't be as lenient,he HAS to set precedent with every decision ,no way he plays favorites

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Somethin tell me Roger won't be as lenient,he HAS to set precedent with every decision ,no way he plays favorites

Agree.

But, one thing is for certain; Goodell rarely does what's logical to fans.