Alaska

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Having an amazing trip this year. Hiking, fishing, boat rides and friends. If you haven’t gone, I highly recommend it.

1690305008289.jpeg

1690305088706.jpeg

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
That's awesome man! Do you have more pics?

My brother lives in Fairbanks. I spent a couple of weeks there in the mid 90s and it was amazing. We did a 5 day raft trip down the Gulkana river fishing for King Salmon (got 1, 50lber). Also headed to Homer, Valdez and ended it by fishing the Kenai river. That water was cold af and I didn't catch a thing, but my bro got a red on his last cast... Thank goodness because we were out of food and starving! I mean it when I tell you that was the best fish I have ever had.

We also led a 5k Midnight Sun Run (led, meaning we rode ahead on bikes and kept the streets clear for the runners). The race mostly went through residential neighborhoods and it was surreal to see people out grilling/drinking and cheering on the racers at friggin MIDNIGHT!!

Made it to Denali as well and were lucky enough to be able to see the summit of Mt. McKinley. Our driver said it is almost always only partially visible due to the insane weather pattern up there.

Sorry, I'm rambling!! That is a cool ass place to visit..... In the summer, haha. I need to get back there some day.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I went there a couple years ago with my oldest son, my Dad and my brother. We fished the Kalisof for Kings and otherwise just hung out and played a little tourist. We had a great time. It was really odd fishing at 3am while the sun was setting then watching it rise just a little later. It never got dark while we were there.
DadFish.jpg
IMG_3076.jpg
RobFish.jpg
IMG_3195.jpg

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The halibut weren’t anything to write home about but the ling cod were exceptional and the rock fish plentiful.

Homer, AK. with Alaska Ocean Pros.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's awesome man! Do you have more pics?

My brother lives in Fairbanks. I spent a couple of weeks there in the mid 90s and it was amazing. We did a 5 day raft trip down the Gulkana river fishing for King Salmon (got 1, 50lber). Also headed to Homer, Valdez and ended it by fishing the Kenai river. That water was cold af and I didn't catch a thing, but my bro got a red on his last cast... Thank goodness because we were out of food and starving! I mean it when I tell you that was the best fish I have ever had.

We also led a 5k Midnight Sun Run (led, meaning we rode ahead on bikes and kept the streets clear for the runners). The race mostly went through residential neighborhoods and it was surreal to see people out grilling/drinking and cheering on the racers at friggin MIDNIGHT!!

Made it to Denali as well and were lucky enough to be able to see the summit of Mt. McKinley. Our driver said it is almost always only partially visible due to the insane weather pattern up there.

Sorry, I'm rambling!! That is a cool ass place to visit..... In the summer, haha. I need to get back there some day.
We have been coming up since the late 90’s and have moved around to several different areas. Talkeetna for kings back then and now we put together groups of friends every other year to experience the sockeye run on the Kenai. We rent a place in Soldotna that is right on the river with private access so we are pretty spoiled.

I’ll put up more pictures.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We have been coming up since the late 90’s and have moved around to several different areas. Talkeetna for kings back then and now we put together groups of friends every other year to experience the sockeye run on the Kenai. We rent a place in Soldotna that is right on the river with private access so we are pretty spoiled.

I’ll put up more pictures.
I want to see some ice fishing in Barrow!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The halibut weren’t anything to write home about but the ling cod were exceptional and the rock fish plentiful.

Homer, AK. with Alaska Ocean Pros.
Yeah... We need to do at least one ocean trip next time we're there. We only did river fishing. I also want to go when the sockeye are running. I actually prefer sockeye to king - especially for smoking.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

That's a LOT of cleaning (fileting) there Brudda... hours worth. Hopefully they did that for you?

We have a kinda unwritten rule, especially with dolphin, stop at 30 because of the amount of work that comes with cleaning and vacuum sealing that amount of fish. Shit... and that means we're taking the fish inside the house in the ac to clean too.

Love those kind of pics!