AJ Arcuri, OT Pick #261 - 7th Round

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Room to grow on the frame he's tall but a little light at 308. RT in college so likely depth there but a PS candidate year one.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Definitely a practice squad option with room to grow.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Getting a big boy who's raw works for me on the OL as we have the infrastructure to develop them

other positions we've not done well with raw players... but I love this pick.

That dood moves people around... I'm good with that.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like the Rams developing a player on the Practice Squad. USFL or XFL probably would not have helped him improve his game.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some places say 308, some say 320. I don't know what to believe anymore!
And honestly the truth will likely fluctuate somewhere between the two. Like AD is listed anywhere from 285 to 300 and said he played last year closer to 265 than 285. One thing I have read is he needs to strength/bulk up a bit. I like this pick it's RT depth.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I concur with @OldSchool (shocking) Arcuri is a RT and glad the Rams added him to the mix because they needed a developmental RT and if he shows well in Training Camp & Preseason, maybe the Rams if Bobby Evans continues to disappoint might be able to either cut bait or get a conditional draft choice for Evans.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Carberry seems like a good teacher. Also I think he's got a good eye, his adjustments he made the moment he returned from COVID timeout were on point. There was no favoritism nonsense and all that.

This is a guy he identified that he wanted to work with and the Rams got him so not gonna bet against him. I think we have a couple intriguing OT projects in Pircher and this dude. Pircher is a year in now so hopefully he starts making a little noise in camp.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Trying to figure out why he kept coming out of the game, wonder if he was fighting an injury because he's better in pass pro than 75 who replaced him for part of the game. He needs to work on that run blocking but I can see why the Rams like him.

He's built like an athlete and moves well. Not fat at all. Reminds me a bit of Pirch but with more film to watch lol.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

The LG next to Arcuri is worthless as tits on a bull, so it's a good scouting sign that they saw Arcuri doing his job and winning his assignments.

Needs some work on the reach block, but with little confidence in the guy next to him, I can see why he missed some of those

I really like his anchor and he can get to the next level quickly. Like that, too!

oldnotdead

Legend
From my draft notes:
Round 7 @ 261

OT AJ Arcuri: He is a very big man who reminds me of Havenstein due to his size and positional limitations (strictly a RT). The other reason he reminds me of Havenstein is he gets beat by speed. He lacks the quickness getting out of his set and into his slide. He can be bull rushed and taken off his balance. He moves well but he doesn't always deliver in the run game. He has shown difficulty blocking on the second level, a key skill for a RT who is often the lead blocker on some runs. If they stick to zone concepts he probably will do better. A man gap scheme might be outside his skillset. All these things are the reasons he dropped and was considered by many as an UDFA project. AJ needs to spend every day in Whitworth's garage training, gaining strength and learning how to use his hands which is a glaring weakness. Foot quickness can be improved but it takes commitment and time. It's why I see his ceiling as a backup RT and not a lot more at this point. That's a lot to clean up to even be a swing OT.

I still see Jackson as replacing Havenstein next year which will give the Rams two bookends at OT.