After defensive offseason, pressure is on for coordinator Chris Shula

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
You can't replace Aaron Donald. But the Rams don't have to. It's not a matter of replacing the man, but replacing his threat level and production. IMO the Rams have that is Turner, Young, Verse, and Fiske. That is an awesome DL. Behind them, they will have Jones and Brennen Jackson a very underrated edge talent. IMO Jackson will be tasked with containing the mobile QBs they will face. He has the size and speed to do it.

I think the DL will return to a one gap scheme. I wouldn't be surprised if Shula plays a lot of man and zone match with the secondary. He has the personnel to be aggressive and I expect this secondary to ball hawk. With the drafting of Kinchens I think that pretty much moves Lake to SCB in their nickel.

This DL brings a whole lot of speed and power and I would expect Shula to use it. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if this defense ended the season as a top 10 unit. The only downside will be Shula would then get HC offers. IMO he will make a very good HC. I hope he stays around because he would be a good follow-on to McVay should he again decide to walk away. Yeah I like Shula as a HC prospect a lot.