After 24 hours of seething, here’s my Ram ‘to do/fix it’ list…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He is lying as would I.

His arm has elbow pain and his back is bothering him.
I really want to believe it's something like that. But I don't want to get into a mode where I'm ignoring his mistakes and making excuses for him because I've jumped people for doing that with Goff. Can't be a hypocrite or at least I don't want to be one. That aside it sure would be better if he's just getting confused or whatever and hitting a bad spot in mastering the scheme because then he can turn it around.

The main thing that is important is getting him to play within the scheme though. I think that's pretty clear. He's definitely pressing and Favre-ing it up out there right now.

Lastly if I wanted to make excuses I'd go moreso with the way our WRs tend to get blanketed at times. With Woody out man this group is just a ton less threatening. But OBJ did have a really nice game so got my fingers crossed that he's going to settle in for us. And there simply is no excuse for turnovers and 9 certainly will never offer them he knows what he's got to do I think. So it's rooting time for me tbh. Just hoping he can get his shit together.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Where to start is tough, after all, we are a 7 - 4 team which may still become a wildcard play-off team. Somehow though, as things currently stand, it's hard for me to imagine the Rams as anything other than 1 and done in the play-offs. With the 6 remaining regular season games, only 2 of them seem like probable wins as 3 of those toughest games come against Arizona, Minnesota & Baltimore, all on the road.
It's too early for me to get into the draft picks outside of positional desires, especially considering how late in each round we will be picking, although it's not too early for me to speculate on free agency which comes first anyway. If the Rams are to remain relevant in 2022 as a viable play-off team, I believe free agency will be our primary method for establishing ourselves at a higher level. I wasn't a big fan of the Von Miller trade, but the Rams have pre-empted any further need to add more depth at this position next year. I don't wait to draft or sign a free agent blocking TE/FB in 2022, I raid the N.E. practice squad today and grab Ben Mason.

Following the 2021 season :

First, I wave goodbye to both DC Morris & ST's DeCamillis, they've had their shot.

Second, ... Whitworth retires. Next, sign him as an assistant OL coach.

Third, ... Re-sign C/OG Austin Corbett, LT Joseph Noteboom, OLB Von Miller, CB Double D.

Forth, ... CB Darious Williams, DT SJD, OLB Obo Okoronkwo, ILB Troy Reeder, QB John Wolford, C Coleman Shelton, OLB/DE Justin Lawler, OG Bobby Evans, K Johnny Hekker, CB David Long & RB Buddy Howell are all allowed to walk as free agents or CAP cuts.

Fifth, ... re-sign only if they come in on very, very team friendly contracts - WR OBJ, RB Sony Michel, C Bryan Allen.

On an extreme bubble & potential further CAP cuts ... DT A'Shawn Robinson, TE's Mundt & Hopkins, FS Nick Scott.
The above is a lot of housecleaning,

Trade, ... WR Robert Woods. What level/value of draft pick would a Woods trade bring ?

Contract extensions - QB Stafford, RT Havenstein.

Give up NO further 1'st or 2'nd round draft picks in 2022, as it is now we won't see another 1'st until 2024 at the earliest anyway.

Free Agent acquisitions :
WFT RG - Brandon Scherff
NE ILB - Ja'Whaun Bentley
NE CB - J.C. Jackson

Draft acquisitions :
TE, DT, C/OG, FS, QB, RB, WR, DE, K, ... in any BPA order.

OL :
LT - Noteboom, A. Jackson, Brewer or Pircher
LG - Edwards or Anchrum, OG/C draft pick
C - Corbett, Allen, C/OG draft pick
RG - Scherff, Anchrum, Brewer
RT - Havenstein, A. Jackson, Brewer or Pircher

Last edited:

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agree on all counts. This team seems disjointed. There just does not seem to be much cohesion at all, among any of the position groups. With all of the flashy signings and doofy "all in" talk, this team has become less than the sum of it's parts. In the process, they have basically put a target on their backs and also somehow managed to become the laughing stock of the league at the same time. I miss the 2017/2018 version of this team. The Rams of late have gone too "Hollywood" for my tastes......
AGREED….This falls on the shoulders of the HC & lead coordinators IMO

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Where to start is tough, after all, we are a 7 - 4 team which may still become a wildcard play-off team. Somehow though, as things currently stand, it's hard for me to imagine the Rams as anything other than 1 and done in the play-offs. With the 6 remaining regular season games, only 2 of them seem like probable wins as 3 of those toughest games come against Arizona, Minnesota & Baltimore, all on the road.
It's too early for me to get into the draft picks outside of positional desires, especially considering how late in each round we will be picking, although it's not too early for me to speculate on free agency which comes first anyway. If the Rams are to remain relevant in 2022 as a viable play-off team, I believe free agency will be our primary method for establishing ourselves at a higher level. I wasn't a big fan of the Von Miller trade, but the Rams have pre-empted any further need to add more depth at this position next year. I don't wait to draft or sign a free agent blocking TE/FB in 2022, I raid the N.E. practice squad today and grab Ben Mason.

Following the 2021 season :

First, I wave goodbye to both DC Morris & ST's DeCamillis, they've had their shot.

Second, ... Whitworth retires. Next, sign him as an assistant OL coach.

Third, ... Re-sign C/OG Austin Corbett, LT Joseph Noteboom, OLB Von Miller, CB Double D.

Forth, ... CB Darious Williams, DT SJD, OLB Obo Okoronkwo, ILB Troy Reeder, QB John Wolford, C Coleman Shelton, OLB/DE Justin Lawler, OG Bobby Evans, K Johnny Hekker, CB David Long & RB Buddy Howell are all allowed to walk as free agents or CAP cuts.

Fifth, ... re-sign only if they come in on very, very team friendly contracts - WR OBJ, RB Sony Michel, C Bryan Allen.

On an extreme bubble & potential CAP cuts ... DT A'Shawn Robinson, TE's Mundt & Hopkins, FS Nick Scott.
The above is a lot of housecleaning,

Trade, ... WR Robert Woods. What level/value of draft pick would a Woods trade bring ?

Contract extensions - QB Stafford, RT Havenstein.

Give up NO further 1'st or 2'nd round draft picks in 2022, as it is now we won't see another 1'st until 2024 at the earliest anyway.

Free Agent acquisitions :
WFT RG - Brandon Scherff
NE ILB - Ja'Whaun Bentley
NE CB - J.C. Jackson

Draft acquisitions :
TE, DT, C/OG, FS, QB, RB, WR, DE, K, ... in any BPA order.

OL :
LT - Noteboom, A. Jackson, Brewer or Pircher
LG - Edwards or Anchrum, OG/C draft pick
C - Corbett, Allen, C/OG draft pick
RG - Scherff, Anchrum, Brewer
RT - Havenstein, A. Jackson, Brewer or Pircher

You had me until you suggested trading Woods.

As we've seen, he's the heart of our offense. Other than that, I'm good.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
He is lying as would I.

His arm has elbow pain and his back is bothering him.
As I understand reality..............you wouldn't have the ability to know either way. Is a 32 year old quaterback hurting after 11 games? Well of course he is as are 90% of the older football players in the NFL right now.

Having a sore back or elbow doesn't transmit a signal to the brain to throw the ball into the worst situation. The accuracy could come into question, but why is his long ball better than the short stuff?
My son just told me that Stafford is 9-70 against winning teams for whatever that's worth.

Well, Stafford didn't play on the field by himself all of those games and the Lions were really bad in some of those seasons, having said that....he is known as a streaky quarterback which is what we are seeing this season.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
You had me until you suggested trading Woods.

As we've seen, he's the heart of our offense. Other than that, I'm good.

Yes, he's been a valuable piece, but we must also face the repercussions of his 2022 and beyond CAP hits. Kupp & Jefferson represent a strong #1 & #2, and while I hate to bring up a sore subject, TuTu must become a solid # 3 or likely receive the 'bust' designation. The Rams have a quantity of supposedly gifted receivers in Skowronek, Jacob Harris & potentially even Landen Akers, and lets not forget that OBJ may return if the money fits. Woods is a luxury for a team struggling at a number of other positions. jmo.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Re: Robinson he's playing some good ball right now. Like Gaines he had a fine game yesterday. The stoutness those two guys have shown vs the run are good developments thus far.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've wanted Scherff forever it seems. He needs to tell Washington to get fucked, that he won't play the tag game or sign with them. Dude has wasted enough of his career with those fucks.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I'm wondering why there is no light bulb coming on for them. I mean they had plenty of time to address all of these issues, yet they chose not to. What does that really mean?
I'm not so sure. At this point it seems bullheaded. I mean that's really the only reason for It. We'll see what happens. I expect Stan to get involved behind the scenes if the Rams were to miss the playoffs at this point. Stans a smart man and I'm sure he knows he has a great HC but maybe sometimes they need to be reeled in somehow

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I've wanted Scherff forever it seems. He needs to tell Washington to get fucked, that he won't play the tag game or sign with them. Dude has wasted enough of his career with those fucks.

Seems like Scherff should be a natural fit working with McVay as he was the OC at Washington when Scherff was drafted, they had the 2015 & 2016 seasons together. jmo.