Adrian Peterson Arrested.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
My parents beat the hell out of me. They called it parenting in those days. All my friends had the same stories. It didn't work on me and it didn't work on them either. So when I raised my son I never once laid a hand on him in anger. He did become terrified of my lectures however. :) I've come to believe that there's a happy medium.

The problem with the 24/7 news cycle and everyone with a camera plus a huge increase in attention whoring and money grubbing, is that some folks are quickly branded with a scarlet letter which they can never remove from their reputation even if it turns out that they did nothing wrong. My hope is that AP is innocent of all charges.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ns-indictment-for-swatting-son-with-a-switch/

Adrian Peterson’s indictment for swatting son with a switch
Posted by Darin Gantt on September 12, 2014

1a3cd57417dd02da656e02bd217455e8.jpg
AP

Vikings running back Adrian Peterson’s indictment on reckless or negligent injury to a child stems from a case of old-school corporal punishment.

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the incident in question stems from “disciplining of a son with a switch.”

For those of you unfamiliar with the Southern vernacular, a switch is a flexible tree branch used to swat a child across the backsides.

How you view that — as an act of parental discipline or as child abuse — depends largely on your age and geographic location.

We can already tell the comments on this one are going to be special.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
OOPS, I shoulda read more before responding, I guess this a recent event and not stemming from his son being murdered by the babymommaboyfriend.

Last edited:

AnarchyRam

Rookie
Since everyone else is giving their opinion on spanking, I'll give mine.

It's wrong to initiate physical violence against a peaceful individual, especially children.

Today - It's wrong for men to hit their wives, yet it's fine for GROWN ASS MEN AND WOMEN TO HIT TINY, LITTLE CHILDREN?

Children, of course, are much more vulnerable than adults and have no choice in who their parents are whereas adults choose their mates.

All hitting children does is instill dog-like obedience and submission. Only a brutal tyrant desires obedience.

I know a lot of you will disagree, but that's okay. Several people have offered their opinion on how great spanking is and I disagree.

We should strive to TEACH, EDUCATE and INSTRUCT children. Our actions should TEACH children.

However, many adults today cannot teach because they too were also hit instead of taught and claim they turned out fine.

No.. No you did not.. because apparently you're still hitting tiny, defenseless children.

I hope A.D. is not beating children. That's a horrible, monstrous thing to do to the truly innocent.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Didnt it say he was idicted on charges from the incident where his son was killed by the mothers boyfriend. It appears they are claiming he knew the child was not in a safe environment and should have done whatever needed to be done to get the child away from the mother. AP claims he had only known that he had a child for about 2 months before the babymommaboyfriend killed his son.

Doctors called the police because he beat his 11 year old boy with a switch. A switch CAN be as bad as a whip.

Mick

Pro Bowler
If we can force a grown man to sell his business (albeit for 2 billion) for mere words, surely we can force a man out of a league for hitting a kid so hard that marks were visible...what...days, a week, after the fact. Yeah we all got corporal punishment as kids, but I don't recall ever getting one so bad people commented on it days later. That is abuse....pure and simple to me. Man has to go if found guilty...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Yeah, I got the switch...Not a nice thing....Definitely taught me not to whip my kids...Surprised AD would still be doing that in todays climate....Orange Co. is the land of time-outs...Sure seems as if we have some bad children in our neighborhood...no respect for their elders...what are ya gonna do?

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Too bad they couldn't have arrested him a week ago instead, so we didn't have to play against him. But now the Cheatriots get to play the Vikings without him.

Alan

Legend
Taking away their social media electronics for a week would be much more effective IMO. I am, like many of you, totally against hitting a child. Or an adult unless it's in self defense.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Spanking, physical punishment is used when you as a parent have run out of ideas.
Here's a tip: Identify what, in your particular child's small world, they value the most and simply take it away from them. Friends, tv, phone, internet, going outside, sports, music etc. The key is identifying where it hits them the hardest(pun intended).

An example of what not to do: If your child does nothing but play XBox all day and fucks up, you DON'T ground him, or beat him and send him to his room.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He's in some deep shit..........if those marks were a week old then originally they were much worse.

And as has been pointed out a switch is essentially a whip or more accurately like a riding crop. This day and age that isn't something you hit a kid with and I'm willing to bet Goodell will agree on that.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Not sure if these have been posted, but here's photo evidence of his 4 year old son after he was "whooped". Peterson is in some trouble.

Just posting the links in case some of you don't want to see the injuries.

https://cbsminnesota.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/adrian-peterson-son-injuries-1.jpg
http://cbsminnesota.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/adrian-peterson-son-injuries-2.jpg
Fucking ridiculous. Poor kid.
That's definitely not a spanking.

Automatic 1 year suspension is coming his way.

apatl187

UDFA
Read a few people saying he whipped him with a switch. I dont know what that is but im sure one of you do. Sounds like the kid acted up or did something stupid and got punished. But of course even spanking can land you in jail now. Its ridiculous.
Its like a whip branch... Dad use to make me pick mine brake it off n give it to him before my whipping lol