About the Rams in FA this year...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
The reason that the Rams will probably be relatively quiet in big splash top tier FA?

They now have limited needs at starting positions.

Think about it.

C. Almost certain to extend Sully. A low cost quality solution.
WR. Probably a 2nd tier FA, but the starter might already be on our roster.
NT. Draft or FA, I dunno.
Edge. Likely our top draft pick on one side and could be Barwin as a bridge on the other.
ILB. Wade historically has preferred lower and non-expensive draft picks or FA’s here.

The two trades for elite CB’s has removed that position from our top needs list. Shields and NRC have finished our starting secondary. It’s now top drawer.

So, as I look at the above, I see probably only 4 FA starters incoming. Maybe 5. But none will be big splash types.

Remaining incoming FA’s will be for depth upgrades. The Rams will wait until after the first wave is over to do those.

So, less FA drama this offseason, perhaps, but a steady stream of 2nd tier incoming players nonetheless.