About the projected 2019 Ram O and D...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not worried about the D, at all. Other fans keep saying the losses of Suh, Barron and Joyner means the D won't be better - particularly Suh. Well, he was just not good in the regular season - so even a rookie in Gaines will be an improvement, because he will play his role. In sports, role players are often overlooked but are essential to winning. The Patriots don't have many "stars", and as much as I hate Belichick and his mantra, they "do their job". Moving to that with Weddle, Kiser and Gaines will, IMO, upgrade this defense in a massive way. I expect top 5 in every category.

Not worried about Allen - Sully may have had a great IQ, but physically he was just done. Boom for Saffold is more of a concern - but the biggest concern on offense is Goff. We'll go as far as he takes us.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Pats just smash-mouthed our O-line and we were on the ropes early and often. The Pats players looked 50 pounds bigger than the Rams.

Pretty much. We had two OL get exposed down the stretch and Belichick did what he usually does: took full advantage of his opponents' weaknesses by gameplanning around it. That said there were a lot of good things in that game, from our defense playing well to our young QB making a throw that would have put us back in it had it been caught, and it's not like our team was whooped it was a very close and well played game. I look at it as a fine defensive struggle Super Bowl where we came up short.

Either way the Rams responded this offseason by bringing in some new blood on the OL to continue the rebuild, but they also continued to improve the defense which ironically might be even more important. IMO this season the offense will rule the roost and get all the attention until the playoffs, but our defense will be the most important element that leads us to the championship.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Bortles played for Jacksonville. Not a team I would call a circus either. Bortles was good enuff to got them to the AFC championship two years ago.
Yes. My mistake.

I wouldn't consider the jags a stable franchise.
They did seem to improve once Caughlin was hired on.