About Carberry’s impact on Rams’ OL thinking this year...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
So much hope with Boom. A guy who got moved by most opponents he faced. Who can't stay on his assignments. And who will be a FA soon.

There is zero reason to think he is a future anything that involves starting. He is another backup level player who is best served coming in off the bench.

His role is appropriate this year. As to next year who knows, other than it won't be Boom in a starting role. 100%. Bank it.

Well I’ll say on some of your prediction Like he is best served coming off the bench. All the rest I’ll agree 100% ,except what will happen in 2021 in his regards.
I think Noteboom starts & your way off on his character & strength.Plus with a New Offensive Line coach will improve a lot .

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Love Whit and everything he's done for us. But even before he was injured last year, he wasn't the same guy. Age is starting to show. Having said that, he's better than a lot of LTs and definitely most, if not all rookies. But if I'm reading OTC correctly.....it looks like they updated it because he's only counting 5 mil towards the 2021 cap.....he's a 13 mil savings and a 1.67 dead money hit next year. If they think Noteboom or someone else on the roster already or a 2021 draft pick will be ready in 2022, then that's a cap savings no matter which way you look at it.

I haven't heard who they "supposedly" like Brewer, Evans, Noteboom, etc. and even if they "supposedly" like any of them, they "supposedly" loved Blythe but let him walk. Personally, not knowing what's inside their heads, I hope it's "let's draft a C and an OT because we've got enough OGs in Corbett, Edwards, Anchrum and Evans (if they consider Evans a guard). We could most definitely use another CB or two, a deep threat WR and hopefully a QB of the future.

On that last one, it's like money in the bank. If Stafford can't play another 4 or 5 years, we're going to need a replacement and why not train him for a couple of years? If Stafford can play another 4 or 5 years, a good QB, who's been learning (and displaying his talents in preseason) can be traded for a higher round pick in 2 or 3 years to a desperate team, especially if the QB class coming in is thin. It would be a bet but it would serve 2 purposes. Cover for Stafford's future and if not, possibly return a nice pick in the future.

How many games did Jimmy G play before he was regarded as a value in trade? I'll answer that question myself......2 starts in 3 years.

Not even going to the QB road.The 9ers moved up to take a TOP QB. They put themselves in a Excellent position.Shanny thinks of himself as a QB GURU. I don’t want to doubt him,but hope he is WRONG!!!

So kiss Jimmy in his G-Spot!! If you may,just go to SF(San Jose) if you do.

Yeah — Can’t believe how Ram Fans are SO OFF in The 2021 Draft as far as NEEDS.
Yes a CB is NEEDED. I go by an interview on drafting a CB from the Vikings HC. He says on Defense it’s is the hardest position for a Rookie. College football is so much different vs the NFL no a Days.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Oddly enough the Rams could actually go heavy with Stanford players and have a pretty decent draft class.

2 - Paulson Adebo, CB
3 - Walker Little, OT
3 - Drew Dalman, C
4 -
6 - Simi Fehoko, WR
7 - Curtis Robinson, LB

Would say NO,but then again 1 of the first 3 would be okay. I think Dalman falls in the draft as well as Little.
The Rams might find out they might not be worth it as well. I think the insider info is valuable. If that was the Rams draft I’d be okay with it only because of Carberry.
—I trust Carberry as a OL coach.