Aaron Kromer feels good about the Rams' rookie offensive linemen ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
10 OL are kept on the 53 man roster - (injury insurance) i.e. ..Whitworth-.Sullivan-.Saffold.
LT...Whitworth, Noteboom
LG...Saffold, Blythe
C...Sullivan, Allen,
Jake Eldrenkamp-(Blythe)
RG...Brown(Jake Eldrenkamp)
RT...Havenstein, Demby.

I had high hopes forEldrenkamp but haven’t heard much positive news about him. I am hoping (maybe blindly) that Lucas shows well. His size and fact that Havenstein might be a tough signing next year feed my

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
My favorite line was in the early '80s. Rich Saul, Dennis Harrah, Kent Hill, Jackie Slater, and Doug France. All Maulers!
That is a o line for the ages now, particularly in the run blocking department.
They were so inspired by Dickerson that they knew if they worked for him a little bit, he was going to work for them a LOT.

I can't remember which one of them was quoted as saying with Dickerson you wanted to jump back up after you made your block just to watch him run.

It was a beautiful thing.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I had high hopes forEldrenkamp but haven’t heard much positive news about him. I am hoping (maybe blindly) that Lucas shows well. His size....
Remember that all players learn and develop at a different rate.

If they're here they have a chance to earn a spot on the team.

Sometimes it just comes down to who wants it most.
Those two might be considered kind of "last chance" lineman.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
@OldSchool put up a scenario in an earlier post that had the Rams keeping 9 including the 3 draft choices. I also like Corneilus Lucas and feel he could get a long look, but again this was @OldSchool 9 I believe, with Demby showing the ability to play RT.

LT...Whitworth, Noteboom
LG...Saffold, Blythe
C...Sullivan, Allen
RG...Brown
RT...Havenstein, Demby.

Demby could also fill in at Guard too, but that gives you nine players including the rookies, I could see the Rams keeping Lucas, if one rookie gets dinged up and they put them on IR.

I think you nailed it, den, pending something very unexpected during camp or PS games.

In fact, I kinda lean toward10 (including Lucas) because of the upcoming FA plus possible uncertainty about Whit in’19. Just too much draft capital has now been invested in our OL. All 3 OL draft picks make the 53.

Besides, the rest of our O is pretty much cut and dried, assuming a Cooks extension. Really, our 3rd string RB might be up in the air on O, but that’s about it, I think.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My hopes for this OL class...

1. Either of those OT types shows enough to win a depth job. If both do, even better. But just one of the two showing us enough to hope he can eventually start even at RT would be nice, given that Hav is going to hit the market and probably leave in FA given the nature of what the Rams have coming in contracts.

2. Allen surprises by showing well enough to compete with Brown at RG. I think his future is center but even though I like Brown he's a FA end of the year and also was our weak link last season. Ideal scenario is Allen gives him all he can handle in competition in camp, setting up the Rams to have one less FA departure to sweat after the season, not to mention greatly improved depth on the interior.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I just don't see how we can hold 3 (of probably 9) OL spots on the 53 man roster for rookies. My guess 2 of Blythe, Lucas, Eldrenkamp, Pickup from another team's cut would provide early necessary depth.
Well, there is always that mysterious injury that puts one of them on the IR.