Aaron Donald

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
OK elephant in the room. This caught me completely off guard, AD might walk away?!?!???????

I understand the possibility but how would that affect his legacy? He is great, a game wrecker and one of the best to ever play the game. But, don’t you walk to put together multiple SB wins???

Whatever else happens this off season the Rams absolutely must get AD back in the house.

Tano

Legend
Season 5 No GIF by The Office

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He is a first ballot HOF, no matter what he does. It has been amazing to watch his career. He is only the 2nd player in my lifetime who changes how I watch games when he is on the field. Instead of watching the play develop, I watch him on every play. Nobody has done that since Lawrence Taylor. If he does retire, it has been an honor and a pleasure watching him work and Dominate the NFL.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I'd be extremely upset but almost would understand. He's at the top of his game, just won a Super Bowl. Really has nothing left to accomplish.

But for the love of God, PLEASE DON'T LEAVE AD!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
He was my Super Bowl MVP.

Once the dust settles i think we'll hear more on this retirement stuff. I watched Rodney Harrison's full interview with AD and he never hinted at leaving if they won it.

So, if AD said something to Harrison with the camera off and Harrison made it public right before kickoff....then i'd like to personally say fuck you to Mr Harrison who i feel like has been in the Florio camp of Ram haters for awhile.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I have huge doubts that Donald is considering retirement at this point in his career. He's only going to be 31 years old next season, what's he going to do, sit on a yacht for the years to come and only imagine what might have been ? He'd be bored out of his skull in no time. As long as Donald remains healthy and able to perform at a very high level, enjoy the camaraderie of his team-mates and trust in his Coach, he won't be walking away from his yearly $25M. plus annual paychecks, whether they be team salary or his endorsements. Enjoy a cigar, take a long vacation, then get your butt back into training camp.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
IMO, he will finish out his contract because I believe the Rams will work to get him one more. Have to start with McVay & Snead first and then move on from there, but ESK has money, now he needs to spend on McVay & Snead for starters.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Snead isn't buying any of the retirement talk:

Rams general manager Les Snead was less evasive when asked if Donald might walk away.

"He'll sleep on it and see, but I'm not buying it," he said. "He's a young kid. He'll get bored and need something to do."

LA_vision

Hall of Fame
Where the hell did this stupid narrative come from? They act like mcvay is 70 and AD is 38.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
This is just more made up shit from the talking heads in the NFL. He'll be here for at least a couple more years. I expect when mcVay walks away so does AD

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am very happy the Rams won the super bowl for Big whit, Stafford, Kupp, Weddle, etc, but I am most happy for Aaron Donald. Not only is he all-world, and he needed a ring to complete his incredible career, but he is a very decent human being. He never says anything wrong, he never gets into trouble, just does his job and goes home to his wonderful family. A true role model that this country needs more then ever. Very happy for him!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I would reduce his role a little next season. Boil it down to more emphasis on passing downs and game-critical moments. That will extend his career and he'll still have huge impact in the lesser snaps.

Also lot of talk about this DL group in this draft so add another good rotation guy to what we already have along with that secondary help.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

According to this story Donald "might" feel he's underpaid compared to a few other defenders.
Honestly if he ends up being a guy who must be paid the most every year I think I'd trade him. And I realize that won't be popular. But no matter the player that is something that I would not put up with.

Good thing is I doubt that story has truth to it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Andrew Whitworth said he started considering retiring in 2011. AD is the same age as Whit was in 2011. Obviously, Whit is still playing at 40. I fully expect Whit to retire, but I expect Donald to come back after he thinks on it for a little while.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
On Wednesday February 16, 2022, when...

Von tells AD during the Super Bowl Parade, "we need to be the first team to get back-to-back Lombardi's since Brady's Patriots did it in 2004 & 2005."

Donald will strain in pain, remembering Brady's Patriots kept him from getting his first Lombardi.

aaron-donald-wife-erica-three-kids-super-bowl-11.jpg

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Dude deserves to be the headliner at his HOF ceremony. If AD retires now, he'd be, at best, a distant #2 - and that would suck.