Aaron Donald Retires

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I believe the reason they haven't put the paperwork in is because the Rams are holding out hope that AD has a change of heart and decides to come back. I don't think they gain anything by turning in the paperwork.
Well, they gain a roster spot I believe. It seems he is still on their active roster or he wouldnt be listed on their top 51 on OTC.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Well, they gain a roster spot I believe. It seems he is still on their active roster or he wouldnt be listed on their top 51 on OTC.
If Donald did want to come back, they'll make room. But they're not going to hold a spot for somebody who isn't playing when the season starts.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
He's not on the roster. He counts against the 2024 cap but that does not mean he takes-up a roster spot.

EDIT: You meant the 90-man roster?
I don't think so but maybe. They have 90 players under contract but I'm not certain of Stetson Bennett still has any specific designation.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
He’s gone.

Let him go.
Agreed. The man's earned his retirement and then some. We have some new players on our D-line that look really good. If AD wants to coach them up, that's up to him, but he's more than earned the benefit of the doubt on his retirement. He's got his HOF golden jacket awaiting him five years after he's retired. He has a Super Bowl ring. He has three DPotYs, a DRotY, All-Pros in every year he's played. He made the biggest impact on the game of football since Lawrence Taylor.

The man's more than earned the right to do whatever the hell he wants.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
The only possible way in for him that I see, is an "Eric Weddle" type situation where (God forbid) several of our DL go down to injury & we're on the cusp of a playoff berth.
McVay then calls him in week 16, "hey buddy, whatcha up too?...."
Otherwise yes he's gone. As fun as football is, it's a brutal sport on & off the field in training, studying, etc. I think he's hung 'em up for good barring the aforementioned scenario.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I mentioned this in another thread that it's odd that he is still listed on the Rams roster on Overthecap.com

The Eagles placed Kelcie & Cox on the retired list and they show up as dead money and no longer in the top 51. While Donald still shows being in the Rams top 51. So I assume they have not yet sent in any official paperwork for his retirement. So who knows what that means.
I think it means the Rams are still holding out hope, but it sounds like the longest of long shots. He has other plans and is looking forward not back. The Weddle scenario is probably the only thing that would get him back.