A recent CBS Mock Draft that made my day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I personally am not a big fan of Brockers, but if you are, IMO you really shouldn't be pushing for another DL (unless it's a player like Simmons where the value is off the charts).

Brockers likely isn't resigned after this year couple that with depth is always needed since Wade likes a solid rotation and guys flexible in that rotation. Adding another DL is pretty obvious since we lost one and haven't added any thus far and likely won't with our cap situation.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brockers likely isn't resigned after this year couple that with depth is always needed since Wade likes a solid rotation and guys flexible in that rotation. Adding another DL is pretty obvious since we lost one and haven't added any thus far and likely won't with our cap situation.

I don't disagree, but we could make the following statements:

Adding another CB is pretty obvious since both are starters could be elsewhere next year

Adding another OL or two is pretty obvious since we have zero depth

Adding an ILB is pretty obvious since we have zero depth

Adding an edge rusher is pretty obvious since Fowler's contract is up next year

Adding a RB is pretty obvious since Gurley's knee is a question mark

Adding a S is pretty obvious since Weddle is a short term solution

What the DL has that none of these other positions have though, is the best player in football. I could see us drafting a DL, for sure. But I could also see them being less willing to do so, at least highly - since we have needs or future needs at what feels like every position.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Adding another CB is pretty obvious since both are starters could be elsewhere next year

What the DL has that none of these other positions have though, is the best player in football. I could see us drafting a DL, for sure. But I could also see them being less willing to do so, at least highly - since we have needs or future needs at what feels like every position.
And everything you just said is our likely draft picks and should be addressed there. That’s six of our seven picks.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And everything you just said is our likely draft picks and should be addressed there. That’s six of our seven picks.

Technically we need at least two OL, so that would be 8. Something has to give unless we trade back, and it's not all that likely that we're drafting for need to that level.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

They need another backup QB - they got a bargain with Bortles, since Jax is paying him $5.5 million too, and he wanted to get his value up for when they no longer are paying him. They need a guy to develop, rather than trust a mid to low picked rookie to be immediately ready in 2020. Also likely two OL. So they won't be able to realistically fill every position they will need for 2020, though a high picked rookie or two, or a cheap free agent can fill some of them

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Technically we need at least two OL, so that would be 8. Something has to give unless we trade back, and it's not all that likely that we're drafting for need to that level.
That’s not eight heh. I listed six you want two oline there’s our seven picks. This also doesn’t count that some of these can be udfa or if we trade down to add picks. Remember last year, every one of our picks were either a result of a trade or a comp pick.