A few thoughts on this Beautiful Sunday morning...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
That was an awesome 2 headed running game against a quality Dallas run D. I mean, jaw dropping, actually.

Didn’t I say that I expected a determined Ram team to surprise the Cowboys and many pundits? There was something about McVay’s carriage last week that clued me in. Obviously, that determination was absorbed by his asst coaches and players.

I don’t think it would have made a dimes worth of difference whether we had faced the Bears or the Cowboys. Neither team would have withstood this effort. Hope we can match this level against our next opponents.

What a blessing to have our OL and to have them healthy all season long.

Sully distinguished himself in the run blocking, didn’t he?

So happy to see Big Whit get his 1st playoff win. And a game ball. And a hug from one of his children afterwards.

Love and admire how Gurley is accepting and praising CJ’s contributions. Gurley just wants to win, dammit! Gotta admire that.

It would be wonderful if somehow CJ could be retained and extended affordably. This 2 headed run game would be beastly.

This Ram team currently enjoys an embarrassment of riches. Is there a single one of the following that you would replace, assuming that you could:

Kroenke as owner?
Demoff as President?
Snead as GM?
McVay as HC?

Me neither. Let that sink in for a minute. To have 4 such men in those 4 positions at the same time? Priceless.

We is loaded on O for next year, assuming Kupp comes back 100%, as expected. Goff, Cooks, Woods, Kupp, Gurley, CJ (I hope), Higbee, Everett, Reynolds. There will be quality O weapons that McVay can’t even get on the field. The pitiful O of 2016 is just a distant memory now.

Hey! We can stop the run after all. Had to almost sell out to do it, but it was sure nice to see, huh?

Suh showed up and it sure helped out. But give me a player for next year that shows up every snap of every game, not just against his former team Detroit and in the playoffs. Too little, too late from Suh to win me over. Hope he gets his ring with us, of course, but then it’s adios for me.

I’m liking Fowler more and more. Hope he’s affordable next year.

Ebu needs to be upgraded. Sorry.

Marcus Peters has worn out his welcome with me. I was a big advocate for acquiring him, but his play and his behavior have both disappointed me. Yeah, he’ll be here next year, and hopefully he might turn things around, but I’m not holding my breath. CB is looking like a high draft priority, don’t you think?

Why are we still having confusion and blown coverages in our secondary at this late date? C’mon...

Beating Dak was fun, but Brees is a whole different order of magnitude as a challenge, assuming the Saints handle the Eagles, as expected. Our 2 headed running attack should keep Brees on the sideline a great deal, true, but our pass D gameplan vs the Saints must be vastly different than it was for the Cowboys. Gonna be a huge challenge for Wade, that’s for sure.

Can we just stop with the stupid penalties? Hard enough to beat playoff teams without extending their danged TD drives twice a game.

Does McVay have a set, or what? And extreme confidence in his players? And don’t you think that the players appreciate and respond to it? I LOVE that in my HC!

Can’t wait to learn who we play next Sunday. We’re not done just yet. Not hardly. Lol.

fearsomefour

Legend
Held Elliot to under 60 yards rushing.
Suh had an impactful game.
He had a few big plays, blowing the C up on the 4th and 1 and hitting Elliot, causing the stop was huge.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This Ram team currently enjoys an embarrassment of riches. Is there a single one of the following that you would replace, assuming that you could:

Kroenke as owner?
Demoff as President?
Snead as GM?
McVay as HC?

Me neither.

You know damn well that not everyone agrees with that lol.

Fwiw - I wouldnt change anything because of how well Snead and McVay are able to work under Kroenke.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
I always love your post game recaps @Rams43. Running it like that was amazing, I almost feel bad for Brown, I loved him as a backup HB, but CJ is quickly making me forget about him.

Yes, CB is definitely a offseason priority. If we can somehow unload Peters I would be over the moon. I miss Kayvon Webster TBH.

What a great day it was yesterday! Two more W's to go!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Nice thread @Rams43.

Best young offensive backfield in the league with Goff and Gurley both being only 24 years old. Cooper Kupp & Brandin Cooks 25, Robert Woods 26. Sean McVay 32.

Load this defense with some more young talent as we go forward and it looks like a long and exciting window lies ahead for us. We are blessed right now beyond belief. (y)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As bad as Peter's is I think safety is a bigger concern.

No doubt. Peters is not the type of guy who fits this locker room but he has a contract year ahead next season (i.e. the Rams should expect him to play lights out) and the Rams have a lot of defensive needs.

I see Safety & ILB as about equal needs and both being biggest for this defense. Safety probably would benefit us the most, but getting an impact player in the draft at either would bring enormous impact to the unit.

CB we can probably put off a year if they retain Peters. But of course it's a need and if an impact CB is there take him.

Then of course you have ROLB which is a key position that makes Wade's scheme go. Fowler's unlikely as a re-sign, however if they can get him signed at a reasonable deal even a two or three year deal it would be nice. But I do think everything being equal at the Rams' pick in the first round this April they would take an edge rusher over every other position.

Snead gonna be busy with the defense, and it's not like the offense can be ignored either if they don't re-sign Saffold (which will be very costly).

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I think what CJ has accomplished probably nets a lucrative contract from someone over the offseason. I would love for him to come back but if you were a team w/o a running game and were taking over a team. Would a no nonsense guy who's a one cut and go runner not look attractive when looking to fill out your roster? Especially if we get deep into the playoffs.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
I'm no expert, but it seems to me quite often MP just throws a token arm out or swipes at the ball at times when he needs to stick his nose in and a tackle needs to be made. In his defense he does stick his nose in at times--and made some plays yesterday--just often he seems not to.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am DEFINITELY holding on to MP next year.

He’s going to want to prove himself.

The Rams don’t need another hole to fill, so I’m not creating a new one.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm no expert, but it seems to me quite often MP just throws a token arm out or swipes at the ball at times when he needs to stick his nose in and a tackle needs to be made. In his defense he does stick his nose in at times--and made some plays yesterday--just often he seems not to.

I think the biggest prob with MP is he just doesn't take coaching. Which is likely why he was so terrible with Talib out (I suspect he only listens to Aqib). He's the kind of guy where if a coach gets on his @$$ after one of his bad efforts he'll sulk like a rebellious kid. Just not what you want to pair with a staff like ours where there is a proven system of teaching that improves most players.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I am DEFINITELY holding on to MP next year.

He’s going to want to prove himself.

Going to agree should work out well for the Rams, move Talib to Safety let him control things back there and draft a CB in the 1st and the 4th or 5th. The first round pick should be able to play RCB and next year they can draft another CB early.

Ram65

Legend
I think the biggest prob with MP is he just doesn't take coaching. Which is likely why he was so terrible with Talib out (I suspect he only listens to Aqib). He's the kind of guy where if a coach gets on his @$$ after one of his bad efforts he'll sulk like a rebellious kid. Just not what you want to pair with a staff like ours where there is a proven system of teaching that improves most players.

I think it is his insecurity. You want your CBs totally grounded and confident. He is always talking to refs and teammates when things don't go right. It's like he is looking for someone else to blame.

MaxQ28

Rookie
upload_2019-1-13_16-34-38.jpeg

I love that this guy is a Ram. He has changed the Rams offensive game planning. The performance by the offense yesterday was demoralizing for the Dallas defense. Also, on the fumble recovery, Goff showed grit diving down to get that ball. Remember in the Super Bowl when Cam Newton fumbled and just stood there and looked at it while Denver recovered it. We don’t have to worry about that.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m liking Fowler more and more. Hope he’s affordable next year.

Ebu needs to be upgraded. Sorry.

Re: Ebu I think it's important to consider how raw he was. And also that he almost had a pick six last night. While I agree he isn't a starting level playoff OLB, I am not ready to write him off just yet.

Re: Fowler I agree that it would be nice to see us get him at an affordable and short term contract. But the league is starved for pass rushers so I am afraid he'll leave in FA. We'll see.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I definitely agree CB should definitely be at the top of our Draft list along with an Edge. I'd love to keep Suh another season and we just have to keep CJ around. I'd love to trade Peters. He has become a major disappointment lately and he makes Joyner look bad as well.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I definitely agree CB should definitely be at the top of our Draft list along with an Edge. I'd love to keep Suh another season and we just have to keep CJ around. I'd love to trade Peters. He has become a major disappointment lately and he makes Joyner look bad as well.

Joyner makes Joyner look bad. Can't put that on Peter's. Peter's has his own problems. Lol.