A Drunken Rams Fan Rant

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
OK, I drank what seems like 19 alcoholic beverages. Now, I love the Rams. I never once forgotten my love for this team. I got all kinds of terrible crap from just about everyone when they were horrible. First they draft Sam Bradford, then they rebuild the lines. Now they are on the upswing, and I don't have to listen to everyone bag on my favorite football team. I hate to admit this, but I'm now scared that they are going to hire McDaniels who will start a new program and will (unintentionally) ruin our best draft pick since Orlando Pace (Bradford). Or that even if Josh McD doesn't ruin Bradford, he'll have a good year and get hired as a head coach somewhere and then Bradford will have to learn a new offensive scheme three years in a row. I just want some continuity. I really don't want to be made fun of again for being a Rams fan. I'm tired of hearing their crap. Please don't ruin this for me.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
All good and fair points. Nothing from Josh McDaniels history tells me he will ruin Sam Bradford. He did good things with Brady, Cassel, Orton, and Tebow even looked OK so you could probably give McDaniels some credit for that. McDaniels would love to work with Bradford. We can look at guys like Jason Campbell and Alex Smith and how multiple OCs early in their career pretty much ruined them, but Bradford is a very intelligent person and hes more talented than both of them. Things could still change and we could hire someone else, but everything seems to pointing to McDaniels way...

superfan24

Starter
I have the same concerns you do. I never liked this guy, but I guess I could if he signed with the Rams. I guess we will just have to wait and see. Nothing else we can do.
But I am really nervous about this.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
ROD is the best place for drunken Ram-related rants, I had a few after tough losses this season! I really think we need to give the guy a chance. His problem in Denver wasn't the offense. He wont have the opportunity here to make the personnel mistakes he made in Denver... The logic that we should pick up someone who might not be as effective because they will stay longer doesn't make sense to me.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
If McD is the man, we have to accept the fact that in all likelihood he will be hired away at some point. Thats why I think it is imperative he brings in a apprentice or develops one so that when he leaves there is someone waiting in the wings to step in to the OC role.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
libertadrock said:
If McD is the man, we have to accept the fact that in all likelihood he will be hired away at some point. Thats why I think it is imperative he brings in a apprentice or develops one so that when he leaves there is someone waiting in the wings to step in to the OC role.
What OC ever comes with a protege? Charlie Weis preceded McD in NE, and he was very young when he took over, and still is to have such an accomplished track record. It'll be up to the Rams to find someone with the knack to follow him around, pick his brain and can replace him when he's gone. They'll be extremely lucky if they do.

Disclaimer: that is, if they do hire McD.

2 years. That's what we would need to establish continuity with Bradford. How many years was he OC in NE?

The one thing about McD's youth that is an advantage is that he has time to be patient. There aren't many HC's that were hired before they were 40, and that more than anything was his downfall in Denver. A 30-something kid following a 2-time SB winning, +10 year HC; those are big shoes to fill, even though Shanahan hadn't won much in the last few years.

I just think McD wasn't ready to be a HC, and hopefully the league realizes that, too. For at least a couple years.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'm a little worried about the switchign OCs as well but Bradford is not Alex Smith. He's plenty capable to play at a high level. This is where I have total confidence in Spags and Devaney to find the right guy to benefit the offense.

Also, McD gettin a HC job is not gonna be for a while. After trading away draft picks and pro bowl players, no team is gonna be lining up to hire him. @ least not so soon after his Denver debacle.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm going to bump this post, because it seems some of my fears were justified. Now I'll admit that it also happens that injuries and lack of a full offseason hurt the team/Bradford's progress, but what I was afraid of happening did happen, which is why we need some more continuity and not fire Spags and McD this year.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
libertadrocks said:

Hmmmm.... :sly: . Really hope this doesnt come back to bite us. Im getting a little worried about him possibly leaving simply based on the Scott Pioli connection in KC and how they finish this season could make them opt to not stick with Todd Haley. Really messy situation there with plenty of key injuries.