A Case Keenum Thread!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
We'll be talking about Goff till the cows come home or he starts. But how about Keenum?

Was Sunday's game his ceiling? Good leadership, running grit, some great, accurate throws but some missed receivers, spotty accuracy and marginal arm strength that shows up on every ball not thrown with perfect mechanics.

Could he possibly improve during the season?

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
I think Keenum has done a great job so far and if you look at his performances he has been better every week. If you also look at his production, and the offense, he has been better every week along with his QB rating. In the last two weeks he has thrown 2 TD per game and the Rams have scored a total of 54 pts so thing are looking up.

IMHO I would guess he continues to improve until he is replaced by Goff. I think this happens due to injury or the bye. Goff starting his first game at home against the Panthers would be sweet, if he is ready.

rdw

Pro Bowler
Here ya go

pgatour.com
NOHWeiG.gif

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm impressed with how Keenum is improving each week. He's never going to be known for his laser tosses down field and I'm convinced he's always going to have two or three passes a game that make you think the ball has been greased but he is showing field awareness and more importantly, grit. He's willing to run into the eye of the storm to get an important 1st down and keep the drive going. His scrambling hasn't been too shabby either, creating something when all looks lost. This is so damn important to our D. It has kept them from being so gassed late in games.

Ram65

Legend
They are getting what I expected from Case. He is managing the game and making a few plays to keep the gamesclose for the defense. He has done ok or even good. The lack of height and arm strength seems to hurt him. Offensive line play hasn't helped. The Rams need the thread and production of down the field throws. Case has provided some deep throws while WRs have added some YAC. Until defenses fear the QB more that Gurley the offense will be hindered. Most everyone would take the Rams 3-1 record at this time. My hope is that Goff is ready soon but, if not ya got to roll with Case.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm trying to think of a Past QB that Keenum reminds me of, But I can't think of one!:LOL: I just know he's a "Gamer" got "Balls" and you don't have to worry about him giving 1010% in any game!(y);):D

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
idk if its credit to Keenum or the coaches/playcalling but the willingness to go down field has been a huge improvement for this offense and a much needed breath of fresh air. Keenum has definitely been a competitor and his mobility in recent weeks has been nice, but hes still been too up and down. There were too many missed opportunities to wide open wrs that this offense cant afford to have. I know no QB is perfect, but when you got a guy wide open and no one in your face, the pass needs to be completed.

Continue throwing the ball down field and fix those off target passes to wide open receivers and there wont be too much to complain about Keenum

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/passingYards/year/2016/seasontype/2

23 Case Keenum, QB LA 67 121 55.4 825 6.82 65 4 3 8 77.3 206
24 Trevor Siemian, QB DEN 68 101 67.3 824 8.16 55 6 3 8 99.6 206
25 Tyrod Taylor, QB BUF 74 116 63.8 773 6.66 84 4 2 8 87.3 193
26 Carson Wentz, QB PHI 66 102 64.7 769 7.54 73 5 0 4 103.8 256
27 Blaine Gabbert, QB SF 69 119 58.0 728 6.12 75 4 4 3 73.1 182
28 Sam Bradford, QB MIN 66 95 69.5 719 7.57 46 4 0 6 105.5 240
29 Brian Hoyer, QB CHI 67 97 69.1 697 7.19 64 4 0 3 103.3 232
30 Aaron Rodgers, QB GB 55 94 58.5 617 6.56 49 7 1 8 98.6 206
Somehow he's 23rd and above Aaron Rodgers...theres that....

QBR tells a different tale
http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

30 Ryan Tannehill, MIA -4.2 3.1 1.0 0.1 7.7 165 41.2 44.5
RK PLAYER PTS ADDED PASS RUN PENALTY TOTAL EPA QB PLAYS RAW QBR TOTAL QBR
31 Case Keenum, LA -7.5 -0.2 0.2 0.8 4.5 147 32.8 37.0
32 Marcus Mariota, TEN -8.7 5.4 -5.0 2.1 5.5 173 32.9 34.3

hmm...what do my lying eyes say?????

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
That 27 yard run he made on Sunday made me a fan of his. I still can't believe the refs stole it away from him.

Bruce2980

Starter
I just don't see teams laying off of 8 and 9 man fronts with Keenum at the helm. I think he has problems locating Tavon Austin down field to allow him to be a real regular deep threat, due to their heights. Keenum's completion rate is really low in comparison to other QBs. I like his leadership and love his determination on the field. He has no quit in him. He needs to be more consistently accurate, a lot of those so called drops could have been avoided with better passing. Whatever the outcome of this drama, I hope we keep winning.

Does anyone really think that Goff takes over without an injury, if this team keeps winning? Even if Goff knocks the socks off of every player and coach in practice, will Fisher have the brass balls to bench him?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That 27 yard run he made on Sunday made me a fan of his. I still can't believe the refs stole it away from him.
That, and that ridiculous escape act he pulled to get out of 2 sacks and hit an open receiver. Which also was called back - this time due to illegal man downfield. That was a tremendous play by him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The one thing with Keenum that scares me is that he doesn't handle being blitzed well. He doesn't lack toughness. But he's also not a guy who does well when there's a free rusher.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
That, and that ridiculous escape act he pulled to get out of 2 sacks and hit an open receiver. Which also was called back - this time due to illegal man downfield. That was a tremendous play by him.

I thought both flags thrown in those plays were questionable. Robinson was standing on the blue line (line of scrimmage) that is superimposed on the field when I watched the replay.

The hold on the big run was BS when I watched that replay. If that's holding... then what other teams are doing to Quinn is actual criminal activity.

I know I'm jaded toward the Rams... but those were some ticky tack calls at best. I didn't agree with either of them.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm just going to enjoy watching this offense grow, regardless of who's at the helm. There is plenty of room for growth, too, even with Case at QB. Getting the run game on track is the obvious one, but also some better pass pro as this young line continues to gel would be nice.

It's about wins and what's best for the team. The offense knows they need to score more than 17 ppg. They'll either grow into that or we'll see a change at QB at some point.

But I give Case a lot of credit. This offense is tough and gritty as F with him at the helm, and I'm a big fan of grit and toughness.

KayJay

Starter
Reminds me a lot of Tebow with a little bit more consistency but less of an athlete and hardly any velocity on his throws. He's tough, gritty, and has the "it" factor.Case's story may end the same way Tebow's did too.