#80 - Isaac Bruce

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When Rice had his historic season Bruce was right behind him on an inferior team with an inferior qb. Then when the GSOT came he had to split catches with Holt and Faulk. I think Bruce could have been the best receiver in the game if things fell his way because he absolutely milked the most he could and he was less then 100 yards from matching Rice best season. To me looking at all the variables Bruce is the greatest wr in the history of the NFL

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
When Rice had his historic season Bruce was right behind him on an inferior team with an inferior qb. Then when the GSOT came he had to split catches with Holt and Faulk. I think Bruce could have been the best receiver in the game if things fell his way because he absolutely milked the most he could and he was less then 100 yards from matching Rice best season. To me looking at all the variables Bruce is the greatest wr in the history of the NFL

Single season receiving yards records(top 10)

1. C.Johnson 1,964 (2012)
2. J.Jones 1,871 (2015)
3. J.Rice 1,848 (1995)
4. A.Brown 1,834 (2015)
5. I.Bruce 1,781 (1995)
6. C.Hennigan 1,746 (1961)
7. M.Harrison 1,722 (2002)
8. A.Brown 1,698 (2014)
9. T.Holt 1,696 (2003)
10. H.Moore 1,686 (1995)

Interesting that 4 of the top 10 records were set in the last 3 years.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
A picture is worth 1000 words!!!

isaacbruce8.jpg

Bruuuce.jpg
Brucetouchdown.jpg

Bruce SB.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
There's another Ram deserving to at least be on the list:

Henry Ellard - 814 Rec, 13,777 yards, 16.9 ave.

3 Pro Bowls, 2x 1st Team All Pro, Always underrated!

One of the most underrated WR in NFL history.
An all time great never mentioned with all time greats.
And he could rock a headband.

henry_ellard4.jpg

EllardLA.jpg
He should have been in the H of F a Looooong time ago!

threesox84

3rd Generation Ramwagoner
Name
Greg
Click the link in the title and vote for Isaac Bruce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Prime Numbers hits homestretch with No. 80
Posted by Mike Florio on June 29, 2014

rice1.jpg
Getty Images

It’s the last week for Prime Numbers on NBCSN’sPro Football Talk, and we’re getting Monday started with a bang.

The PFT Planet vote for Monday will focus on No. 80. It’s a number that plenty of all-time greats have worn.

Vote for up to three from the 10 listed below. The three highest vote-getters will be revealed on Monday’s show, which gets started at 5:30 p.m. ET.

The other numbers to be considered Monday include 30 (with Brian Mitchell in studio), 60, 90, and 93.

So tune in for the first of the last four shows before we conclude Prime Numbers — and before we take a pre-training camp three-week break.

Who were the best of all time to wear No. 80?

Jerry Rice
Cris Carter
Steve Largent
Isaac Bruce
Tom Fears
Kellen WInslow
Irving Fryar
Cris Collinsworth
James Lofton
Andre Johnson.

Newbie question here --- how come the Rams retired Isaac Bruce's #80 but not Torry Holt's #81? From what I've retroactively learned about the St. Louis incarnation of the Rams they were both integral parts of the GSOT era.

What's the difference?

fearsomefour

Legend
Newbie question here --- how come the Rams retired Isaac Bruce's #80 but not Torry Holt's #81? From what I've retroactively learned about the St. Louis incarnation of the Rams they were both integral parts of the GSOT era.

What's the difference?
Bruce was a longer tenured Ram coming in board in 94 I believe.
Not looking to start an argument but he was better as well.