49ers LOL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
giphy.gif

Yup - thanks!

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
The recent Rams games I went to there were a lot of folks in the stands around me who had no clue who was winning and seemed to be there just to get drunk.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Hey, now....those marketing surveys are important.

They gotta make sure that the chardonnay isn't too sweet and the brie isn't too runny at the Levi's Stadium concession stands.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The whiners released the results of the survey this morning. The results were not surprising...

1% Very Important (Boz's vote obviously)

99% Not Important (most of them didn't even know what winning was)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I guess this makes it official.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...k-fans-if-winning-games-is-important-to-them/

49ers ask fans if winning games is important to them
Posted by Darin Gantt on October 27, 2017

545218822-e1506211505641.jpg

Getty Images/Jed York

The 49ers are doing many admirable things in the community. They are not winning very many football games.

And they’re wondering, genuinely it seems, whether their paying customers care about that.

Via Ray Ratto of NBC Sports Bay Area, one of the questions on a survey sent to fans was: “How important is winning to your stadium experience?

It seems to not be going well.

The 49ers are 0-7 at the moment, haven’t won a home game in more than a year (since last year’s opener against the Rams), and are a sparkling 7-32 since choosing to part ways with coach Jim Harbaugh.

So perhaps owner Jed York is hoping that his customers won’t mind so much, since the stadium is new and pretty, and they got to host a Super Bowl, and have a brand new coach-G.M. combo to go about the latest rebuild of a once-proud franchise.

It’s one thing to ask your customers if they think bathroom lines are too long, or beers are too expensive. But to ask fans who come to a sporting competition in exchange for money if the outcome of said competition is important is insulting, and another bit of ammunition for those who think NFL owners are far more worried about the bottom line than anything their team does between the white ones.
-----------
Next question should read:
As a fan, do you think you could run this team better than Jed York?
----------
I don’t even know where to start. You fired our best coach since Seifert because your feelings got hurt. You moved the team to Santa Clara. You built the worst stadium in football. The stat of 7-32 since Harbaugh left is all you need to see. Here is to another decade of irrelevance. Sell the team Jed to owners that care about winning.
---------
If the team gets blown out before halftime, the fans can leave the stadium early and beat the traffic. That’s a win for everybody.
---------
The 49ers never wanted to hire Jim Harbaugh in the first place. We were in a deep recession and they were having a heck of a time securing public money for their new stadium. At the urging of Bill Walsh they hired Harbaugh and instantly went from the worst team to the best team.

Then they hired silicon valley guru Gideon Yu to put a stadium deal together. They even gave Yu 5% of the team. The moment the stadium deal was secured, they pulled the rug out from under Harbaugh and started a media campaign against him.

Now the franchise is worth way more than it was before. The York’s are happy campers. They see themselves as very successful. Winning is the furthest thing from their goal. They keep revolving coaches to make it appear like they care.
---------
This is amazing, he can’t be THAT dumb, can he???
----------
I needed a good laugh today and this article provided it. It’s remarkable that NFL owners can be so astoundingly dumb and out of touch.
---------
Seriously? He actually asked that?
-----------
John Lynch should walk into Jed’s office and slap the sh!t out of him.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'd love to see the results...

Kinda sad....that this needs to be asked....I'd guess, no matter how novice the fandom....eventually, you begin to root for the home team...and CARE whether they win or lose.
Is this^
a) Sad!
b) Pathetic!
c)All of the above!

I vote "C"!!
Sad Dave....really SAD....makes me feel bad for Lynch....He can't tell if the fans want wins??? Damn, walk the fuckin bleachers/aisles...get in there...concession lines....ask them...look at their faces leaving the stadium...go to the tailgates....those are the real fans.
I disagree, but that's all right.
IDK psycho....I thought someone was behind the last 2 years....like some order from up high, to not look good, keep attendance down, so moving would be easier....not sure if it was Kevin D.....in fact, I made a comment about the Rams missing some training camp days....and I said something like, probably some big wigs don't wanna change their vacation dates or something like that...and Kevin D....responded in here...saying it was nothing like that at all....So, what I'm trying to say, if the Chief financial whatever can respond to a question on a blog.....I kinda think he's invested in winning...and....AND....I don't think he had anything to do with what went on in St. Lou...if anything, it was communicated directly to Fish....he picked the OC's....he picked the players....he picked the coaches.

Kevin D....and Snead....went out to save their careers...by proving to be competent....they found McVay.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He's one of the worst owners in the NFL. And he's supposedly a real asshole as a person too.

Psycho_X

Legend
IDK psycho.....

Hey that's fine, I think KD would make a great politician. I think the people in the know got exactly what they wanted those last few years before the move. I'm just glad last year was such a disaster to force the change the team needed this offseason. Because winning cures all.

As for the Whiners, being as they aren't going to move or want to move it is just a completely puzzling thing to send out to fans. Really bad decision to write the question and even more puzzling how it was never questioned before actually sent out. There seems to be a serious lack of competent QA and PR departments in this country lately lol.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Did you guys see question 16 on the 49er questionnaire?

What are your favorite wine and cheese pairing?

A. Port And Bleu Cheese
B. Riesling And Ricotta
C. Chardonnay And Gruyer
D. Malbec And Aged Chedda
E. All of the above

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's the Niners, so I'll laugh about it too..

But diehard sports fans are somewhat altered by how their teams perform. It changed a little for me when I met my wife, but when the Rams lost to Seattle a few weeks ago, I was not pleasant to be around that evening..

Because of this, I genuinely don't like going to Rams games. I mean I do, but I don't. I've seen the Rams lose to the Vikings and Steelers over the past few years, and it makes the whole experience not worth it.

On the flip side...I'm a pretty big fan of the Cavs and Indians. I've been to an Indians game 4 times in the past 4 years and they've lost each time. Every Cavs game I've been to they've won...

But the main draw for me to go to an Indians game is the food/stadium experience. Basketball it's just so much fun, and non stop even during the timeouts - if the Cavs or Indians sent that survey to me, my answer would be in the middle. Not that important to me to see those teams win. For me, personally, football is different - I am way too invested in the Rams.

But it stands to reason there would be fans of NFL teams like I am a fan of the Cavs and Indians - the difference for me is, there are so many more games, those teams are going to lose. But there still might be fans of NFL teams that feel that way.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-of-49ers-survey-about-importance-of-winning/

John Lynch not a fan of 49ers survey about importance of winning
Posted by Darin Gantt on October 27, 2017

If 49ers owner Jed York made some fans angry by asking them if it was important to win, he might also have some problems in his football operation.

As part of a larger survey, the team asked fans: “How important is winning to your stadium experience?

First-year General Manager John Lynch, during an appearance on KNBR, did not seem pleased.

“Someone brought that to my attention and that’s not something I want reflected in this organization,” Lynch said, via the San Francisco Chronicle. “There’s different aspects of an organization. I can promise you this: It didn’t come from my desk. . . .

“There’s a lot of layers to this organization. I don’t know where that came from. I’m not a big believer in surveys myself. I think you put out good work and people come. And you build it and people come. Yes, winning is everything to us. It’s everything to me. And I’ll just leave it at that.”

The 49ers are 0-7 and haven’t won a home game in more than a year. They’re 7-32 since running off former coach Jim Harbaugh, which did nothing for the impression that football wasn’t the top priority.

They gave Lynch and coach Kyle Shanahan six-year contracts to help with what should be a long rebuild.

Ram65

Legend
That would be an interesting data point to look at, there has to be at least some fans at every game that are just there for the game and don't really have a dog in the fight?

Like if my brother in law and sister had season tickets to any team. My sister wouldn't really care who won. . . My brother in law would. . . Does that kind of make sense?

I'd use my wife and I as examples but she's into sports quite a bit. We actually have a 1/3 of a seasons worth to the Jazz this year.

That's interesting. I would say your brother in law's vote has much more weight. An important question would be who decides to buy the tickets or something to that effect. If you BIL feels winning is very important he may drop out if they keep losing and his wife most likely would too.

It is a different crowd now. My buddy Johns family had season tickets at the 'Stick but they live in Marin County. (Actually he went to Goff's high school) and the team just moved from a 40 minute drive for them to a 2 1/2 to 3hour drive in traffic. Not gonna happen.

A lot of the season ticket holders now are new money Silicon Valley types that have no history with this franchise. And many of those guys are foreigners that newly moved here and buy the season tickets to shmooze clients.

Mix in the bad location and frying pan environment, and you have a dumpster fire.

I wonder how many are real fans and how many are there for different reasons. Those would be interesting numbers. I can't imagine business people taking a big amount of seats. The move really made the question valid. They sure screwed up the real fan experience.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Did you guys see question 16 on the 49er questionnaire?

What are your favorite wine and cheese pairing?

A. Port And Bleu Cheese
B. Riesling And Ricotta
C. Chardonnay And Gruyer
D. Malbec And Aged Chedda
E. All of the above

D. Thank you!

On the flip side...I'm a pretty big fan of the Cavs and Indians. I've been to an Indians game 4 times in the past 4 years and they've lost each time. Every Cavs game I've been to they've won...

But the main draw for me to go to an Indians game is the food/stadium experience. Basketball it's just so much fun, and non stop even during the timeouts - if the Cavs or Indians sent that survey to me, my answer would be in the middle. Not that important to me to see those teams win. For me, personally, football is different - I am way too invested in the Rams.

I'm originally from CLE, where are you? I've been to the stadium to see the Indians many times, including the mid 90's when the stadium was new and the team was excellent.

I've been to countless Cavs games even dating back to when they played in Richfield.

I can't imagine business people taking a big amount of seats.

If you're talking about the 49ers nobody is taking a lot of seats HAHAHA.

600 bucks for the worst "product" in the NFL??? Good luck selling that shit!