45 days until football

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
I also think Obo is ready to make his mark. He looked good in the limited PT he got. He knows he has a chance to make an impact this year. He is working hard to make the most of his opportunity,

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I was a Jim Bertlesen fan as a kid. Believe he was a second round pick in 1972, with Lawrence McCutcheon in the third round.

That was the backfield in 1973 (with Tony Baker in short yardage and near the goal line) when the Rams began a tremendous run. Outstanding defensive front seven, great veteran OL and that backfield, with John Hadl (MVP) throwing some bombs to Harold Jackson ... 12-2 season.

Great memory.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Let's get this started with former Longhorn Jim Bertelsen
1595884402621.png

Going back to 1950....Bob Reinhard
1595884474360.png

One of my favorites....Converted DE to TE & Deep Snapper Jeff Robinson.
1595884547513.png

Another Great Deep Snapper in Chris Massey.
1595884603592.png

And who can forget back to 1984 4th & 1 from the 10 yard line with less then two minutes left against the New York Giants, instead of giving the Rock to future Hall of Famer Eric Dickerson, the Rams out think themselves and hand it to FB Dwayne Crutchfield, who's stuffed of negative yardage and the Rams lose at home.
1595884953488.png

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
The 45 directly above ... under the Crutchfield reference ... is also Bertlesen.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Rams have had some good deep snappers!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Rams have had some good deep snappers!

Glad you brought up, being I was one. Under Rich Brooks, it was really bad, they went through a couple including Joe Valerio, who they signed for that purpose and his first snap went directly right over Punter's Sean Landeta's head.

One of the first free agents Vermeil signed was Jeff Robinson for that reason and problem solved. Since Robinson, all pro as a long snapper, Chris Massey from Marshall all pro and Jake McQuaide from The Ohio State University all pro, so it's been quite a ride since 1997!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Glad you brought up, being I was one. Under Rich Brooks, it was really bad, they went through a couple including Joe Valerio, who they signed for that purpose and his first snap went directly right over Punter's Sean Landeta's head.

One of the first free agents Vermeil signed was Jeff Robinson for that reason and problem solved. Since Robinson, all pro as a long snapper, Chris Massey from Marshall all pro and Jake McQuaide from The Ohio State University all pro, so it's been quite a ride since 1997!

It sure has. Well said, there. (y)