3 Main Concerns

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
1. Wi-fi in the dome.
2. Long lines getting in the dome. (Especially with the new bag rule now.)
3. Obviously, keeping the team in St. Louis.

You're doing a great job with the team Kevin. Really appreciate all the hard work. Seriously. We have a dream team FO right now, and you guys are knocking it out of the park.

Tell coach to keep that line healthy and tell Snead to keep the beautiful locks flowing. No more Rams rules.

Thanks

Edit: Oh, can we have more players jerseys offered in the new Nike style? I don't know if that's the NFL's deal or how that works. Maybe sell them in the store this year?

Thanks again

kdemoff

UDFA
Thank you for sharing your concerns about the Game Day experience. I can certainly appreciate the concerns as it relates to the Wi-Fi in the Edward Jones Dome and the long lines, and you should know that everything we talk about on the marketing and ticketing side revolves around improving the Game Day experience for our fans who come to share their Sundays with us.

I share your frustration in the current Wi-Fi situation in the buidling. The building has lousy connectivity, as evidenced by the fact that it is very hard to send a text or receive a call, let alone check out of town scores or fantasy statistics. We are in talks with the CVC about trying to improve the Wi-Fi, but it isn't in the works for this year. Hopefully we can improve the connectivity for the 2014 season because it's terrible. Our fans who come to the games deserve the same opportunity to follow the NFL on their devices as they would anywhere else. That being said, we plan to show significantly more Out of Town highlights on the NFL Redzone during games this year, in addition to showing more fantasy stats and scores on the ribbon boards and score boards.

I also share your frustration about the long lines getting into the Edward Jones Dome on Game Days. We have tried many different solutions -- hiring more security, opening more lines, trying male and female lines, but little has worked to improve the flow of people through the building. One of the reasons as we learned in the First Tier process is that the EJD has the smallest square footage of entry ways amongst all of the NFL stadiums, and is the only stadium in the NFL where fans enter on the ground level and have to take escalators/stairs/ramps to the seating bowl. Those are design flaws that add to the significant congestion, but we are working on a few new ideas this year that we hope will help improve the entry process. I know it's frustrating, but we need to make the product inside worth your wait and hopefully that will help alleviate the pain of getting into the building!

I have no say over Les' hair, that's his family's domain. I'm just jealous that he isn't graying as fast as the rest of us! I appreciate the kind words about the organization. Jeff, Les and the entire staff of 130 employees are all hard at work to make sure you have a great experience with the Rams, and I think our best years are in front of us. I'm lucky to come to work with such a great group and to do it for a great owner.

KD

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for taking your time to answer my question, and all of our questions for that matter. Your hard work is not going unrecognized by the fans.

AC30treb

UDFA
I'd like to thank the original poster (Username) for asking about wifi and the lines entering the dome. This is exactly what I would have asked Mr. Demoff and it's obvious that you attend the games.

I believe that the Rams have to compete directly with the home viewing experience to (consistently) get the dome filled again each week. Since '06, the Rams' attendance has dropped. Meanwhile, home viewers have incorporated online connectivity into their game day rituals. To get these people back into the dome, there HAS to be WIFI available and easily accessible (as in FREE).

To me, the most obvious way to improve the game day experience is to take advantage of smart phones and tablets. We all have them. There appears to be no way to retrofit the dome with huge video screens, so develop an app that will allow me to watch replays on my ipad at the game! At home, I can replay every down and keep up with my fantasy league the entire game. Offer that at the dome for my "smart device" and we won't be talking about what color seats we have.

I appreciate Mr. Demoff's reply. While admitting there's a problem, it seems like he's blaming the dome for the problem. This is frustrating because it seems like a finger pointing match where the fan suffers. (not literally)

To qualify my opinion, I should include that I haven't missed attending a home game since 2006.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
AC30treb said:
I'd like to thank the original poster (Username) for asking about wifi and the lines entering the dome. This is exactly what I would have asked Mr. Demoff and it's obvious that you attend the games.

I believe that the Rams have to compete directly with the home viewing experience to (consistently) get the dome filled again each week. Since '06, the Rams' attendance has dropped. Meanwhile, home viewers have incorporated online connectivity into their game day rituals. To get these people back into the dome, there HAS to be WIFI available and easily accessible (as in FREE).

To me, the most obvious way to improve the game day experience is to take advantage of smart phones and tablets. We all have them. There appears to be no way to retrofit the dome with huge video screens, so develop an app that will allow me to watch replays on my ipad at the game! At home, I can replay every down and keep up with my fantasy league the entire game. Offer that at the dome for my "smart device" and we won't be talking about what color seats we have.

I appreciate Mr. Demoff's reply. While admitting there's a problem, it seems like he's blaming the dome for the problem. This is frustrating because it seems like a finger pointing match where the fan suffers. (not literally)

To qualify my opinion, I should include that I haven't missed attending a home game since 2006.

Nice first post, AC30treb. Your years of home attendance prove some serious loyalty. Keep on sharing here.

I've bolded a part of your post I'd like to comment on, as your idea is spot-on. This would certainly seem to be a technology the Rams could implement on their own, better yet pushed thru something like a web browser for simplicity sake.

Content broadcasted by wifi inside the dome certainly seems doable.

AC30treb

UDFA
Thanks. I'm enjoying the forum. The Demoff Q&A is excellent.

I believe the dome experience could be improved without breaking the bank. I'm never too annoyed with the actual building.

I've often heard that the Rams like Lucas Oil Stadium as a model. So i looked on their site to check on wifi access. (I'm also hoping to attend the Rams/Colts). Here's a quote:

"Stadium WiFi
We’ve recently upgraded the Wi-Fi capability in Lucas Oil Stadium. Please help test the upgrades by connecting to Lucas Oil Stadium Wi-Fi network ("OpenWiFiLos") on your mobile device to catch that last play, check the latest stats, send text messages, emails and photos to your friends."

That's sounds perfect!!