OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
With the somewhat impending retirement of our QB in the next couple of years, I don’t see any trade up that includes future 1st Rd picks.

They will be too valuable to Snead in his attempts to replace MS imo. I have almost resigned myself to a small trade down to pick up more top 100 picks this year.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
If I’m moving up, I’d do so only for Bowers. Say 5 or so spots. Not sure any of the WRs are worth going up all the way to 7-10 for them. Especially not compared to the depth at WR that is available at 19 and 52+.

Not saying I’d do that. I’d stay or move back. Just saying if I moved up. He’d be the target and worth some capital. More so now with the new non tackling rules.
I've venture to say McVay would be very tempted if Bowers was there at say pick 15. And, after the big 3 are gone, I can't say he wouldn't be the best offensive weapon still on the board.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I do think that pass rush is a priority for them. Why are you not so sure on Turner?
Dallas Turner is a great athlete, with long arms and good speed. However, he doesn’t play with as much power as I’d expect, his hand usage isn’t great and he can get swallowed up by blocks.

I think he has a lot of potential, but he’s got a lot to work on. If the Rams are in win now mode, I think Latu would be better. I’d rather take one of the two DTs (Murphy or Newton) at 19 than Turner or Verse. Verse seems more like he’d be a 4/3 DE to me.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I know this is a deep WR draft class but I do think you have to kick the tires on the idea of what it would take to get Odunze. He's heads and tails still better than many very good WRs in this draft class and immediately makes this offense elite. When Stafford retires, he becomes the "easy button" for the next drafted QB to use. Probably the best way to develop a QB these days is to have an elite receiver.

Sure, Puka can do a lot... but he can't do it all. Harrison, Nabers and Odunze can.

Still, I think it would cost too much to get him.

With White in the fold, I do see a WR in the 1st 3 picks for us and probably an edge and DT. Just not sure what order.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So should we change the title of the thread to draft talk? I keep coming in here with updates thinking there were transactions and it's just more trade up talk :D

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Me too - love Patterson.
Don't get why he never stays anywhere.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Me too - love Patterson.
Don't get why he never stays anywhere.
Maybe because he is a one dimensional player? When putting the final roster together teams seem to like versatility at skill positions. The Rams let Powell walk. The Bills released their very good return man a few weeks ago.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Maybe because he is a one dimensional player? When putting the final roster together teams seem to like versatility at skill positions. The Rams let Powell walk. The Bills released their very good return man a few weeks ago.
Patterson was with the Falcons three seasons and the first two were much, much more than just receiving.
He's getting older now, and they have Bijan, reducing his utility there.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Panthers just gave him a nice retirement contract.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Coach always gives a tidbit here and there he said and I'm paraphrasing " that we will know more about the defense after the draft" I'm assuming he wasn't referring to them as they surely have a plan in place of some sort but maybe there is a trade on the table. Maybe if the right edge guy falls to Jax maybe a guy they are in love with then an Allen trade could be the focus.
Allen was franchised have we heard anything about an extension? Money demands? Term? I personally haven't read or seen anything about them working towards a long term extension. After the season he had I can't see Allen being to happy with a franchise tag god for bid he should get hurt it would cost him big-time should he have to play it out. His time to get paid is now. Maybe he is the heir apparent we are honed in on and yes me personally I'd give whatever draft capital to land Allen. He would be that Jalen Ramseys move and then some.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Coach always gives a tidbit here and there he said and I'm paraphrasing " that we will know more about the defense after the draft" I'm assuming he wasn't referring to them as they surely have a plan in place of some sort but maybe there is a trade on the table. Maybe if the right edge guy falls to Jax maybe a guy they are in love with then an Allen trade could be the focus.
Allen was franchised have we heard anything about an extension? Money demands? Term? I personally haven't read or seen anything about them working towards a long term extension. After the season he had I can't see Allen being to happy with a franchise tag god for bid he should get hurt it would cost him big-time should he have to play it out. His time to get paid is now. Maybe he is the heir apparent we are honed in on and yes me personally I'd give whatever draft capital to land Allen. He would be that Jalen Ramseys move and then some.
We can't afford a contract in excess of 34m per year currently, that is what he will demand. He's going to want to reset the Edge contracts in excess of Bosa's, I can almost guarantee that.