OFFICIAL 2024 NFL News: Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Then it’s settled:
Mack to the Rams!
I Hope Please GIF

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Between Joey Bosa and Khalil Mack.. I think the safest bet is Mack for next year, but I'd rather take a gamble on Bosa for a few years deal with his age being younger.

Either way, I'd be extremely happy with either.

Psycho_X

Legend

He gave up $8 million in gurantees to stay on a shitty team with a rookie coach and no QB? Really? I hope that other offer was from another bottom dweller like the Panthers at least. Then I could kind of, not really, but kind of understand.

A lot of the league just waiting to pounce on whatever the Chargers decide to do this week lol.
Between Joey Bosa and Khalil Mack.. I think the safest bet is Mack for next year, but I'd rather take a gamble on Bosa for a few years deal with his age being younger.

Either way, I'd be extremely happy with either.
Mack all the way for me. Bosa is always injured and just seems like an asshole much like his brother. Mack and Young off the edges with AD and Turner up the gut? Yes please.

Psycho_X

Legend
Some rando free agent opinions but the Rams section was nice.

NFL free agency: Moves that caught our attention so far, from the Patriots (good) to some running backs (odd)​

Rams adding beef​

Moving your standout rookie left guard to center? Rewarding your starting guard and splurging on a different talented guard with medical history? Shelling out for a block-first tight end?

Sign. Me. Up.

The Rams are embracing their identity shift of the past year and fully leaning into the newer, beefier them. I wrote about the Rams' shift into a more duo-based run game, which highlights stronger, downhill double-teams and blocking from the offensive line, and it seems they're embracing those curves even further. Signing Jonah Jackson, a mauling guard that brings highlight-worthy pops with his double-teams, and moving Steve Avila to center creates over a thousand pounds of human in the middle of their offense.

This wall of humanity, oh the humanity, will provide the Rams size and talent to handle the game-wrecking defensive tackles and lines that NFL offensive lines have to face on a weekly basis. (The guard markets at all tiers is getting a boost for a reason; somebody has to block these banshees, so why not pay all your linemen instead of just the tackle spots so the offense can stay afloat?) There is also a meta element to having this mass in the middle, as defenses use lighter bodies and also shift their players more and more after the snap. So simply plowing forward with all-answer runs is an effective way to blast through moving-picture looks.

Colby Parkinson, a tight end with legitimate in-line blocking ability, gives the Rams more personnel groupings it can get to outside of its preferred three-wide receiver attack. Putting Parkinson and tight end Tyler Higbee on the field (or even Davis Allen, who flashed as a rookie) could open up parts of Sean McVay’s brain that we haven’t seen since Washington. I’m even excited to see a Parkinson-Puka Nacua two-man game in the Rams' attack.

Anyways, with a first-round pick and other picks still in hand, I’m curiously excited to see how the Rams continue to embrace the beef (or mutton, or what have you).

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Welp goes to show what I know. I swear NFL teams see something in Brian Burns that the casual fan like me can't see. I'm just wondering what makes him so much better than a player like Leonard Floyd tbh
I too wonder that.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Yeah that part made me cringe too but in theory Higbee should be back early season barring a setback.
I have not seen a clear answer as to when Higbee had his surgery, or how extensive it was. Know it was bad but sometimes it’s a little better or even worse than expected.

The lack of any specifics or details from the Rams did not bode well in my opinion. And, for the life of me, I could not understand how the media did not ask either McVay or Snead, in post-year press conferences, about Higbee’s surgery or the early prognosis.

I’m thinking we may not see Higbee until late in the year, at best.

Hope I am wrong; and happy to have Colby Parkinson and Davis Allen.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interestingly though. How good would Clowney be with AD and our young DL players?
My hopes rest with Mack, Clowney, or Bosa. The eagles guys likely need traded for whereas these 3 are likely potential free agents. Clowney already is. He's my current guess and he would be nice here. He actually plays solidly against the run also.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Rams are going have to win a bidding war for Mack when he's released. Don't see anyone trading for that salary he currently has.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Our advantage is that he wouldn't have to move the family and we are legit superbowl contenders, something he may really care about. And he'd get to play along side a legend.