2023 Rams Tight Ends

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Anything we get from Long is a bonus. I'm not saying that he can't turn into a find but every piece of available data shows that he's a JAG.

Excited about Allen's potential. Because TE's take so long to develop, there's an outside chance that Hopkins can get a little better than he's been, guy needs work as a blocker and catching the ball.

Happy to have Higs for one more year. Probably not worth another contract but he does it all, run blocks, pass blocks, catches passes. If we don't find a replacement for him, it'll be eye opening for people how valuable he is. Seems to me people only see what he does as an outlet receiver when they judge him.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Thoughts on 12 personnel.The Rams finally have TE depth.

oldnotdead

Legend
Nacua in the slot is better than a second TE he's 6'1.5" and is faster running the full Y tree. TEs run a cutdown version of the Y route tree. With all the starting WRs out Hibee still only produced 620 yards, 3 TDs playing in all 17 regular season games. The previous 2 years he produced less than 600 yards. In 2019 he had his career year with 734 yards, and 3 TDs. Higbee is no Kelce in terms of impact TEs.

People are critical of Jefferson but as a #3 WR in 2021 he had 50 receptions, 802 yards, 16 yd average per reception, and 6 TDs. Don't forget Higbee is making $9.1M this year with a post June release the Rams get back more than $6.7 M on their cap. If the Rams get pushed against the CAP I think Tyler is the next vet release. The Rams will probably need between $10-$11 M to sign their draft class...perhaps more since they have 14 picks. Right now the Rams have $1.7 M in cap space. This is why releasing Higbee is a real possibility if Allen and Long look good in OTAs.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Wanted to bump this after this weekend.
Really hope we see more of Allen and Long down the stretch… and LOVE the fact that they will be on roster next year.
Stability and depth.. maybe see more multi-TE sets mixed in.

muggmeister

Rookie
Higbee won't be traded or cut. McVay and Stafford made promises to one another by way of committing to stay with the Rams.

There's no way in hell the Rams keep Higbee on an almost $10M cap hit next year. Your argument holds no water unless you have some inside knowledge. The NFL is a cutthroat business. Thanks for your service but time to move on.

Psycho_X

Legend
I could see Higbee getting a 1 or 2 year extension before training camp to spread a little bit of his cap number out.
Ah, this was the thread... was after training camp but still.

As of right now, I would like to see more of Allen rest of the season as a receiver. Higbee is a warrior but we absolutely need to find someone to give him more breaks. Higbee will likely be here next season and then will depend on performance whether he sticks around longer but will be getting long in the tooth. We need to see what we have in Allen so we know whether we need to draft a TE. Might need to anyway since Long and Hopkins seem to still be irrelevant. Allen's one catch this past Sunday and his college tape has me excited for his future though.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@muggmeister that was six months ago when I said that - not only was I right, but the Rams then EXTENDED Higbee. I'm pretty confident we keep him next year as well. When healthy he's a top ten TE