SEAHAWKS The Seattle Seahawks Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It's cheap until he reverts back to who he is now that he's got a big payday.
Well I enjoyed Bailey & Tavon back in the day. Now I enjoy seeing a player jump up to the next level to be successful.

I WILL NEVER understand NFL Fans that don’t understand QB’s process of development.
I guess this season players to also keep an eye on are Sam Darnold & Baker Mayfield. They both haven’t gotten there 2nd Pay Day from there rookie contract.Those were way higher draft picks as well.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Tyler Locket & his new teammates are going to be very tough to beat.Looks like NINER’s & SEAHAGs again to battle it out in 2023. imo it’s going to be tough to beat those / teams.
Really not a bad season for The Rams to reorganize & reset for the future.The Rams will be competitive,but as of now those Hags totally reloaded & got Wags back to help mentor there defense.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Tyler Locket & his new teammates are going to be very tough to beat.Looks like NINER’s & SEAHAGs again to battle it out in 2023. imo it’s going to be tough to beat those / teams.
Really not a bad season for The Rams to reorganize & reset for the future.The Rams will be competitive,but as of now those Hags totally reloaded & got Wags back to help mentor there defense.
Tough crowd right there...
1/4 of the season, just playing these two teams. :thinking:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Seems shady. But didn’t Brady take less only to get paid in other ways?

The league allowed it for many years.

Yeah, the Brady deal was SCANDALOUSLY bad… it set a precedent to effectively obliterate the cap.

Sure, they’ll eventually rein it in, but not until someone really takes advantage

oldnotdead

Legend
They are over paying for a tier 2 QB who had a career year. Can he continue on? His career says no. Big gamble the Hawks are making. Smith IMO would have been a good bridge QB. They had two first round picks #5 and 20 and could have taken a QB with either. They have Drew Lock who looks good in one game then stinks the next.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They are over paying for a tier 2 QB who had a career year. Can he continue on? His career says no. Big gamble the Hawks are making. Smith IMO would have been a good bridge QB. They had two first round picks #5 and 20 and could have taken a QB with either. They have Drew Lock who looks good in one game then stinks the next.
Yeah. I think they had a great draft but passing on QB will be something they regret down the road.

If I was driving that bus I would have taken Levis at 20. Having a talent like him on the bench also keeps that bridge QB sharp.

oldnotdead

Legend
I totally agree with Levis at 20. I was really surprised when they passed on him and didn't take any QB.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hurt his knee "while walking on the practice field" haha. We'll never know but sounds fishy.

dang

Legend
I’ve never liked the 12th shite and I’ve hated some Seacock players (Dick Sherman, some of their dirty OL) but I’ve never mated Seattle beyond a healthy division rival. Now the 69ers are a completely different matter. My hatred is intense but unhealthy which makes for passion whenever we square up against those fart bags and their pos fans.

oldnotdead

Legend
The NFCW isn't going to be the doormat division that most project. But I think the problem with the Seahawks will be with their defense which in a relatively low scoring game they could be very dangerous. But I'm not sure they are built for a shootout. IMO if Geno continues to build off of last year the Hawks will be the team the Rams are going to have to beat to win the division

That said I think both the Hawks and Niners will come back to earth with their QBs. Offensively that is the biggest question mark in the division with all the teams. Can both the Hawks and Niners QBs continue to stay hot? Can Clayton surprise in AZ? But most of all can Matt Stafford stay healthy?

The Rams have the best QB1 in the division with a healthy Kupp, a good RB room, and an improved OL to play behind. If Morris gets out of the way of Pleasant and Lake and sticks to making the game calls, the Ram defense can begin to improve. If Morris continues to insist on conceding points it's going to make this season a lot tougher than it needs to be.

Morris does seem to tighten things up in the playoffs, so IMO once they are in the playoffs the Rams if healthy can be very dangerous. I would expect the defensive front 7 to be playing lights out by then. It's the front 7 that is the actual key to the Ram's defensive success. If Morris would ditch his stupid Fangio style read/react combo one and two gap DL this defense could be very good. There is a very good reason Fangio style DLs have fallen out of favor in the NFL. It's the same reason two gap 3-4 DLs aren't being used by most teams. The top defenses are one gap attacking style DLs. Read/react DLs puts too much pressure on the secondary as it gives the QBs on average a full 3 seconds or more to read and throw if it's a pass. Read/react two gap on early downs assume it's a run but if your defense routinely plays that style the advantage is now on the offense as it slows their penetration, makes them susceptible to play action and gives WRs more time to break coverage. The proof is that Morris' defense has dropped below both Staley and Phillips who both had top 10 defensive rankings Under Morris with better personnel than either Staley or Phillips dropped the Rams into the bottom half of the rankings to 17th or 19th depending on the metric used. Phillips got fired for his defense, so why is Morris still here? Why is his subpar unit okay with McVay? Why is it okay with Snead and Kroenke? Nowhere Morris has been DC has the defense been better than mediocre. Once again PFF shows they know shit about the NFL by saying Morris is better than he is. Results are proof that a mediocre coordinator will produce a mediocre product, especially one that doesn't care what people think.

IMO Morris is the weak link on this team. I'm hoping that Pleasant and Lake can take control of how the scheme is played and Morris gets out of their way. If he does, then Morris might get his HC job for two years before he gets fired again. But the Rams will get their 3rd round comp picks which is the only reason I see why they would put up with Morris' subpar unit. That said if the defense stays in the bottom half of the rankings, I think Snead and Kroenke will force McVay's hand.