SEAHAWKS The Seattle Seahawks Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

House Thread

ROD House Thread
The Official Seattle Seahawks Thread

This THREAD is for general, perhaps smaller news about a divisional rival as an ongoing thread. A place to keep tabs with news about The Seahawks. And, for general trash talking when you feel like it.

Major topics, such as Geno Smith breaks leg playing pickle ball, should remain stand alone topics.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Fuck all the Seahags,
And fuck the "12th Man", too.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
images

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Geno Smith had a great year.

4,282 passing Yards
30 TD
11 INT
100.9 QB Rating

If you are the Seahawks, I guess you sign him, right?

Signing Geno feels a little bit like signing Daniel Jones.

Some Concerning Geno Stats​

Hugh Millen raised an interesting point on KJR on Friday. He pointed to a stat provided by PFF listing ‘turnover worthy plays’ by each quarterback. Smith had the second most in the NFL, just behind Josh Allen. Millen also pointed out that Allen had far more ‘explosive’ passing plays and a lot more rushing yards to compensate for his erraticism.

Building on the point, he then noted that when looking at the top-10 quarterbacks — on average 80.6% of their turnover worthy plays had resulted in actual turnovers. In comparison, Geno Smith saw only 48% of his turnover worthy plays actually result in an interception.

That’s staggering.

If he’d thrown the 80.6% average like the rest of the QB’s in the top-10, he would’ve had 25 picks. Even if he’d had a still well below average 65% — he would’ve led the league in turnovers.

I’m not even sure if this accounts for stuff like the pick-six against San Francisco in Seattle which was called back for a fortuitous penalty. That play was blown dead, after all. So it could be even worse than these numbers suggest.

Regardless, Smith had incredible luck when it came to turnovers this season.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah, Smith is a conundrum. Usually when a team pays these guys big money it’s after more than only one year of success. I don’t think Geno can carry a team. But even game managers are getting paid close to what star QBs are.

Plus Geno is 32. How long of a deal do they give him? I’m glad I’m not a Seahawk fan. I’d be waiting for backup Geno to show up at every game. It feels like they have no choice but to sign him even if they draft a QB this year.

Didn’t the Seahawks lose the QB coach this year too?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Russell Wilson Reportedly Asked Seahawks To Fire Pete Carroll, John Schneider​

Wilson and Carroll had clashed in recent years over the quarterback’s role in the offense and the overall direction of a team that had gradually declined after back-to-back Super Bowl appearances. Convinced that Carroll and Schneider were inhibiting his quest to win additional Super Bowls and individual awards, Wilson asked Seahawks ownership to fire both of them, according to league sources who spoke to The Athletic on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the details.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All the time they want to take your place
The back stabbers (back stabbers)
(They smilin' in your face)
All the time, they want to take your place
The back stabbers (back stabbers)

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Good. I was wondering if they would consider taking that Will Levis player. Maybe they still could but this lowers the chances a bit.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good. I was wondering if they would consider taking that Will Levis player. Maybe they still could but this lowers the chances a bit.
Looks like the deal is heavily front loaded so they could take Levis or more likely Richardson and have Geno for a year or two with the rookie.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Looks like the deal is heavily front loaded so they could take Levis or more likely Richardson and have Geno for a year or two with the rookie.

Is Anthony Richardson any good tho? Whenever i watch a Gator game this year and he didn't seem like the guy. At least as a passer. Hell I didn't even realize he was draft eligible until i saw twitter jack off over his combine measurables.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is Anthony Richardson any good tho? Whenever i watch a Gator game this year and he didn't seem like the guy. At least as a passer. Hell I didn't even realize he was draft eligible until i saw twitter jack off over his combine measurables.
He was impressive at the combine on the field and most importantly in the interviews. We'll see what happens but he strikes me more as a Petey gamble than Levis does.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don’t think he’s all that good. He doesn’t have Wilson’s deep accuracy. He’ll be a running QB.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Love it when other NFC teams over pay for marginal talent! But congrats to Geno, he probably thought a 100mil contract was gone forever.