2022 NFL rule changes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
Well Memento just traded half of the team...
But we got 20 draft picks in the process

Excited Ric Flair GIF

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Oh my fucking fate, guys! :D

...Well, you're not exactly wrong; I'd get twenty-five picks, haha. :p

dang

Legend
With all the technology used so far, replay etc… has it made things better?

Or, have we created a climate where we pick apart everything?
Where was technology when Ramsey got his helmet ripped to the ground in one of the worst missed calls in modern day football (forget super bowl) history.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Just once I'd like to see them simplify shit for the refs. Less they have to look for the easier their jobs are and the better the product should be.
They need a ref deep middle so shit happening on the field side doesn't get missed so easily. The DBs and WRs play to this. We wouldn't see 75 yard missed face mask TDs or Cooks field side arm being held down in the end zone not being called. Both huge SB changing plays.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Where was technology when Ramsey got his helmet ripped to the ground in one of the worst missed calls in modern day football (forget super bowl) history.
I think that play is a big part of the argument to use technology. The ref couldn't see it from the sideline but we could see it on TV. Why are fans in a better position to call penalties than the guys who get paid to call penalties?

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I think offensive holding needs to be simplified. I think it was Madden that said that holding occurs on every play. What's frustrating is when they choose to call it.

View attachment 54321

I would lean towards allowing holding as long as a jersey isn't grabbed or the defender isn't wrapped up and tackled. All of the rules around whether the hands are inside or outside of the shoulder pads can go as far as I'm concerned.

One of the greatest photos regarding holding - double teams on an elite player ever. I only wish I could watch this play live and did the refs throw a flag? I doubt they did...........................................