CARDINALS 2022/23 Arizona Cardinals Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I know that talking heads enthuse about Murray after some games when he does something good that blows their minds, but I'd rather have Jared Goff than him. With an offensive line and a decent coach helping him, I think Jared can be more consistently good than Murray.
I quoted you to disagree, but Merlin pretty much covered it.

What if…John Wolford was an athletically gifted freak of nature?

McVay would love to coach Murray up between the ears and IMO he would be outstanding here.

Goff? McVay squeezed everything he could from that tube of toothpaste.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I quoted you to disagree, but Merlin pretty much covered it.

What if…John Wolford was an athletically gifted freak of nature?

McVay would love to coach Murray up between the ears and IMO he would be outstanding here.

Goff? McVay squeezed everything he could from that tube of toothpaste.
Being gifted isn't the point. Wolford is dedicated, but he isn't gifted like Murray. Having a guy without real dedication to study is like a nagging toothache to everyone around him. McVay could work with a less talented Goff because Jared at lest tried to do the right things.

Murray is a waste of talent.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Being gifted isn't the point. Wolford is dedicated, but he isn't gifted like Murray. Having a guy without real dedication to study is like a nagging toothache to everyone around him. McVay could work with a less talented Goff because Jared at lest tried to do the right things.

So you don’t feel like coaching matters much in terms of work ethic, mental makeup etc?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So you don’t feel like coaching matters much in terms of work ethic, mental makeup etc?
Not at this point. Kupp didn't need a guy to motivate him to do the right things. Same with Stafford. SAME with Goff, but he had other issues that made McVay eventually decide to move on from him. Murray has got to want to develop beyond just athletic ability, but he seems to believe that his athleticism is enough come game time.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Not at this point. Kupp didn't need a guy to motivate him to do the right things. Same with Stafford. SAME with Goff, but he had other issues that made McVay eventually decide to move on from him. Murray has got to want to develop beyond just athletic ability, but he seems to believe that his athleticism is enough come game time.

Exactly. McVay would grow impatient with Murray's lack of dedication REAL fast.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yeah I suppose. I see Murray being a kid who has never had to deal with adversity until his time in the NFL. I think it’s safe to say that Kingsbury and that environment hasn’t handled adversity very well either.

McVay on the other hand, absolutely 100% understands how to manage adversity and his players that way. I think he could get into Murray’s head in a positive way. Maybe not.

I do know that if Murray was ever to somehow become available when Stafford retires I’d rather McVay replace him with a QB who is physically gifted rather than another Goff type who can’t move or a JAG who’s best trait is his brains.

oldnotdead

Legend
McVay's offense requires a QB that can read defenses. Murray can't and never will. He's strictly an RPO QB nothing more. Lamar Jackson was an RPO QB but he's learning to be a pocket passer. Murray is too lazy to be a pocket passer and now with a fully guaranteed contract, he never will be anything more than he is right now. That is all the guaranteed money did.

Murray is a sandlot kid. His big plays come on broken coverages by the secondary. If the secondary doesn't break he needs to run or he's sacked. You can't win enough games playing like that to win a Super Bowl. Good defenses will beat the Cards almost every time. They are locked into being a second-tier team for the next decade.

The Cards need an OL of super midgets to allow Kyler to stand back there and wait for half an hour for a break in the coverages.

It reality the Cards need to be a run first offense. Then Kyler's dink and dunk passing will simply be complementary to the run game.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Goff lover.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Baker doing his best to help the Cardinals.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Playing at this level a good work ethic shouldn't even be a question. If it is you have a problem. In my opinion if you don't have a good work ethic without coaching, you probably wouldn't with coaching.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah I suppose. I see Murray being a kid who has never had to deal with adversity until his time in the NFL. I think it’s safe to say that Kingsbury and that environment hasn’t handled adversity very well either.

McVay on the other hand, absolutely 100% understands how to manage adversity and his players that way. I think he could get into Murray’s head in a positive way. Maybe not.

I do know that if Murray was ever to somehow become available when Stafford retires I’d rather McVay replace him with a QB who is physically gifted rather than another Goff type who can’t move or a JAG who’s best trait is his brains.
So you think McVay could coach a kid that believes he is so good that he doesn’t need coaching? Good luck with that.

But for arguments sake what would McVay do with him? Coach him to stay in the pocket? That’s exactly what the Rams wanted him to do because with his height staying in the pocket is much more difficult than playing in space.

What you do with a guy like Murray is build the offense around what he does and hope he lasts long enough to ride it to a Super Bowl.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I know we all hate the Cardinals but did anyone feel JJs pain today. Kind of broke my heart. Guess I'm a puss but that was rough.