CARDINALS 2022/23 Arizona Cardinals Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
Kyler Murray just AWFUL in that game. Murray looked unstoppable vs the Rams in the first game at SoFi.

In the first game, Morris sat back in his passive zone scheme. IMO that was a Morris loss. When Morris finally did his film homework on Kyler he could easily chart Murray's throws. Over 80% are quick throws under 10 yards. So the key to beating Mr. Ad Lib is to take away his first two short reads. After that, it's all a matter of the front 7 playing pressure and contain. That takes away his off-schedule playmaking.

Kyler's admission is a boon to DCs and watching Ram's wins against Kyler gives them the blueprint. AZ will be lucky to make the playoffs this year. Also, this schedule is tougher this year than last year for them. Kyler is overrated and as he ages his physical skills will diminish because you know he really doesn't take care of himself physically either, doing the bare minimum of physical training and it shows in his body. He looks the same as he did in college after 3 years in the NFL. Most players bulk up in the NFL. Kyler's listed weight is the same now as it was 3 years ago. Perhaps he's gained 3 lbs but probably not much more. After all why should he care, he's got all that guaranteed money. Hell he doesn't even have to win games to earn it.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...

View: https://twitter.com/Kyle_Odegard/status/1557045339957256192?s=20&t=gFpf1ZEMUK398rn40HWaHQ

Happy Arrested Development GIF by NETFLIX

oldnotdead

Legend
Both Kyler and Baker rely upon quick short throws and then ad lib off schedule throws. History has shown neither puts in adequate film time and neither has developed the ability to read defenses. The blueprint to beating both is exactly the same. Look at Baker struggling to beat out Darnold for the start.

Josh Allen has developed into a pocket passer with a rocket arm who can run. Lamar Jackson is slowly developing into a pocket passer who can run. It takes time for an RPO collegiate QB to develop. Darnold came out too early which is the basis of his struggles. Instead of getting professional help in development in the off season he continues to wing it because his ego won't let him do anything else. Drew Brees was the same early in his career until Doug Flutie convinced him to seek help outside of the Charger organization during the off season. The rest is history in regards to Drew.

Philip Rivers was one of the best QBs able to read defenses. He was a film junkie. He could be a great QB coach if he really wanted to be. Teaching a young QB how to read defenses and how to go through his progressions would make many far more successful then they would otherwise be.

Tano

Legend
In the first game, Morris sat back in his passive zone scheme. IMO that was a Morris loss.
This

I really hated Morris game plan in the first game and that was when I was saying Morris needs to change his game plan.

I didn't like his other game plans in the games leading up to that game but that was when Stafford was on a roll and we were beating opponents fairly easy so Morris game plan was working in those games due to the large leads.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
This

I really hated Morris game plan in the first game and that was when I was saying Morris needs to change his game plan.

I didn't like his other game plans in the games leading up to that game but that was when Stafford was on a roll and we were beating opponents fairly easy so Morris game plan was working in those games due to the large leads.

And Morris was working with/learning what he had on defense.

Also.. the Cards were on fire.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
When I read stories like this… I can’t help but chuckle. Cards got some weird shit going on.

cardinals-kliff-kingsbury-impressed-with-kyler-murray-after-letting-qb-call-plays

LINK

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Geez! That’s whack!

Well, as Kliff said; “they are professionals“

:laugh4:
In his blast today he made an analogy about this first week being Christmas and tonight's game featuring the NFC West rival being the one present you get to open on Christmas Eve. Everything else gonna have to wait for Christmas Day.

And the Cards? A big red box under the tree that you can look at, pick-up, shake...but can't open and have to wait to see what's in it.

LOL.