2021 MLB thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Hell of a deal for the Mets. Lindor will likely not sign a deal and elect free agency next year. Carrasco is a solid pitcher.

I’m hearing that the Cardinals are getting close to re-signing Molina. I’m actually not a fan of the move; he’s going to want a two year deal, and I want to see what Knizner can do.

Hoping we sign Wainwright, though.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Heard a rumor that the Cards are gonna trade for Arenado. If they trade for him, I'm gonna be pissed.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Heard a rumor that the Cards are gonna trade for Arenado. If they trade for him, I'm gonna be pissed.
Me too! He needs to opt out and sign with the Dodgers so we don't have to give up prospects for him.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Me too! He needs to opt out and sign with the Dodgers so we don't have to give up prospects for him.

Go right ahead. I don't want him. His Coors splits are way too different for me to trust him (unlike with Holliday).

I do not want to lose Gorman/Walker + Liberatore/Thompson + another good prospect.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Go right ahead. I don't want him. His Coors splits are way too different for me to trust him (unlike with Holliday).

I do not want to lose Gorman/Walker + Liberatore/Thompson + another good prospect.
Well looks like you got him! No word on the return but it sounds like he keeps his 2021 opt out and gets one in 22 as well while maintaining his no trade.

View: https://twitter.com/ken_rosenthal/status/1355345919185743873?s=21

View: https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/1355347218878902273?s=20

View: https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/1355351985428418563?s=20

View: https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/1355352587365539845?s=20

Memento

Name
Jemma
If Jhon Torres is the most we're giving up, I'm happy with the trade.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Turns out that we traded a fair bit, but none of those five players are going to be more than above-average major league players. Happy with this trade, especially since we didn't give up Rondon or Torres. And Montero was never going to play third or first, not with Goldschmidt, Gorman, and Walker. Gorman isn't blocked, by the way; he can easily play the outfield.

Full trade is Arenado plus cash considerations for Austin Gomber, Elehuris Montero, Jake Sommers, Tony Locey, and Mateo Gil.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Turns out that we traded a fair bit, but none of those five players are going to be more than above-average major league players. Happy with this trade, especially since we didn't give up Rondon or Torres. And Montero was never going to play third or first, not with Goldschmidt, Gorman, and Walker. Gorman isn't blocked, by the way; he can easily play the outfield.

Full trade is Arenado plus cash considerations for Austin Gomber, Elehuris Montero, Jake Sommers, Tony Locey, and Mateo Gil.
Happy for you! Would have liked us trading for him but knew it would never happen our only shot at him is an opt out. We however have one of the top 3b prospects in the minors so I'm ok without him.

Also I have 1 Dodger jersey..... Joc Pederson who just signed with the shit bag Cubs.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Happy for you! Would have liked us trading for him but knew it would never happen our only shot at him is an opt out. We however have one of the top 3b prospects in the minors so I'm ok without him.

Also I have 1 Dodger jersey..... Joc Pederson who just signed with the shit bag Cubs.
No Pedro Guererro?

Memento

Name
Jemma
Cardinals traded Dexter Fowler to the Angels. Looks like it'll be an O'Neill/Bader/Carlson outfield.

Tano

Legend
Take that Padres

Dodgers just signed Trevor Bauer

At least I think they did

I got a quick notification on my phone and now I can't find it anywhere in the news

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And a hell of a deal too!

Three years $102 million opt outs for years 2 and 3. $40m year 1 $45m year 2 $17m year 3. Rumors are we were shopping Price which I think is a very real option if he doesn't opt out again.

Kershaw
Buehler
Bauer
Urias
May
Gonsolin
Price?

Memento

Name
Jemma
WTF, Dodgers? Are you that threatened by the Cards that you have to counter our Arenado trade?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
WTF, Dodgers? Are you that threatened by the Cards that you have to counter our Arenado trade?
Not worried about Arenado :) We've been after Bauer for a while and we've handled Arenado just fine for his whole career.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This from a Giants fan makes the trade all that much better.

g07lckxn5qf61.jpg

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Dodgers are so stacked with pitching that I can’t imagine them losing a single playoff game. The Dodgers are the new Yankees. As much as I hated George Streinbrenner’s meddling, lI wish the Yankees had him back. Hank always trying to stay under the cap is annoying when their roster is playoff caliber.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I was hoping the Yankees would try to deal Gleyber Torres for Trevor Story. SS defense sucked.

Memento

Name
Jemma
The Cardinals are usually smart with their money and rarely overpay. I believe they've never had a season end with a losing record since the 90s, if I'm not mistaken?

I was hoping the Yankees would try to deal Gleyber Torres for Trevor Story. SS defense sucked.

I wouldn't give up on Torres yet. He's younger than Story, and he was injured in the Covid year. Bellinger had an awful 2020, so I'd toss out all of those stats.