2020 OFFICIAL ROD MOCK DRAFT

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DVontel

Rookie
With the 8th pick of the 2020 NFL draft the Arizona Cardinals select...

JEDRICK WILLIS, OFFENSIVE TACKLE, University of Alabama

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
TRISTAN WIRFS, IOWA
Need another Tony Bosseli of the future to anchor that o-line!Need to build the Jags back up from the inside out with two monsters and cheap cornerstones of the future!

View: https://youtu.be/yX3tWMCdJ-w

USATSI_13555838.jpg

With all the weightlifting records Wirfs broke at Iowa, his play style is almost the opposite of what you’d expect. He’s just so dang smooth and under control. This isn’t some brute of a tackle looking for a kill shot. Wirfs patiently handles his business in pass protection knowing his physical dominance affords him some leeway. Both his run- and pass-blocking grades have improved every single season of his career. In his final seven games of his college career, Wirfs allowed one lone pressure.

@Merlin your on the clock!

@RamsFlash80 your on deck!

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
With the 11th pick in the Draft, the New York Jets select CeeDee Lamb, WR Oklahoma

5b9437418c6c2.image.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1571Ihhk65Q

• PROS: Exceptional ball skills. Elite ability to track the football in the air and adjust. Does a wonderful job of positioning his frame at the catch point to win with consistency. Hands are secure and he routinely wins through contact. Concentration and body control are outstanding. One of the most natural receivers I have ever seen in terms of hands, ball skills and tracking. He’ll make your quarterback more accurate. Spectacular in the air. Gets after it as a blocker - collapses, keeps his frame square and engages his hands. Tough to tackle after the catch - features good contact balance, vision, acceleration and creativity with the ball in his hands. Showcases a variety of techniques to beat press coverage including angles, footwork and hand usage. Easily deals with physicality in the contact window and does well to diminish his surface area and clear contact. Sudden in and out of breaks and is capable of creating separation with fluidity and burst. Does a terrific job of altering his route pace to create leverage. Makes wonderful adjustments on the fly to find space and make himself available.
    CONS: While he has plenty of speed, I don’t think he has elite speed. Has some room to grow as a route runner in terms of selling breaks and being more deceptive overall. The Big 12 didn’t present many talented corners for him to deal with and he has a narrow build. There will be some adjustment ahead of him in terms of competing against NFL competition and how to apply his skill set. Not that, that isn’t true for every prospect but it’s noteworthy when considering what has made Lamb successful and the role he can fill at the next level.
    BEST TRAIT - Ball Skills, Body Control
    WORST TRAIT - Straight Line Speed
    RED FLAGS - None
    NFL COMP - DeAndre Hopkins
    CeeDee Lamb profiles as No. 1 wide receiver at the next level that can be the focal point of the passing attack. He’s a threat at all levels of the field with bluechip body control, ball skills, hands and instincts. Lamb has a notable transition ahead of him in terms of applying his traits against NFL corners compared to the ones he toyed with in the Big 12 but his natural gifts should accelerate his acclimation period to the NFL. Lamb has the upside to develop into one of the premiere offensive playmakers in the NFL by Year Three.
    FINAL EVALUATION
@Petrowsky is on the clock
@Memento is on deck

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Great pick, Lamb is my favourite player in the draft.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Why am I GMing 2 teams without 1st round picks! Aaagh!

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
With the 12th pick in the 2020 Draft, the Raiders select Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama.

Pros:
His athleticism is off the charts. A quick-twitch athlete with top-notch burst, agility and straight-line speed, Jeudy is a challenge for anyone to cover based off of his raw athleticism alone. When he gets the ball in his hands, he is a threat to break free on nearly every play. He has stellar lateral agility in the open field, and his vision as a ball carrier allows him to exploit open running lanes in space.

That’s not even considering his elite route-running intelligence, as his understanding of how to create separation might be better than any wide out in the class. He does a great job of using hand techniques to separate from defensive backs, and he is able to attack leverage points based off of their alignment, stemming his routes at an elite level. Jeudy’s ability to sink and flip his hips is incredible, and it allows him to easily deceive cornerbacks and shed their coverage.

On the clock: @Memento
On Deck: @Karate61

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
With the 13th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the San Fransisco 49ers select...Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Wait, what just happened? Memento and the 49ers trade up to the 13th pick?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well nice job not letting the whiners get either of those two wideouts. (y)

My fear is they end up with Jeudy.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well nice job not letting the whiners get either of those two wideouts. (y)

My fear is they end up with Jeudy.
Heading out to work so I'll be out of the pocket for the next hour if my pick comes up. I'll be able to check back in from time to time.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With the 12th pick in the 2020 Draft, the Raiders select Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama.

Pros:
His athleticism is off the charts. A quick-twitch athlete with top-notch burst, agility and straight-line speed, Jeudy is a challenge for anyone to cover based off of his raw athleticism alone. When he gets the ball in his hands, he is a threat to break free on nearly every play. He has stellar lateral agility in the open field, and his vision as a ball carrier allows him to exploit open running lanes in space.

That’s not even considering his elite route-running intelligence, as his understanding of how to create separation might be better than any wide out in the class. He does a great job of using hand techniques to separate from defensive backs, and he is able to attack leverage points based off of their alignment, stemming his routes at an elite level. Jeudy’s ability to sink and flip his hips is incredible, and it allows him to easily deceive cornerbacks and shed their coverage.

On the clock: @Memento
On Deck: @Karate61
I suspect Jeudy is the guy the Raiders are hoping is there at 12. Such a nice fit for their offense. (y)

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
It’s Tampa ... what does Tom need ? A decent Tight End & Coach? Otherwise he just won’t get the job done. :sneaky: