2020 NFL Combine

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
FWIW I heard Rich Eisen and maybe Daniel Jeremiah say Oregon tackle Calvin Throckmorton may be a center in the NFL. He’s a guy who would likely be available in the fourth round for us if the Rams are interested.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't trust Muti as anything other than a midround (4th at best) or later pick. Dude missed most of 3 out of his 4 seasons with injuries. IMO that's a guy who isn't cut out for contact sport.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Combine video leaks with Trey Adams giving very candid answer

The NFL and the Scouting Combine traditionally have had a hard time keeping confidential information under wraps. Perhaps one of the biggest (and funniest) leaks ever has happened during the recent annual incoming rookie convention in Indianapolis.

In a video that, per a league source, reflects a Q&A conducted by Combine staff and not by any specific team, Washington tackle Trey Adams is asked, “If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?”

He pauses, considers the question, twists his mouth for a moment, and sheepishly says, “Bigger d-ck.” Then he decides to say it more clearly, confidently: “Bigger d-ck.”

As the source explained it, teams usually don’t get the interviews conducted by Combine staff until next week. Teams assign Combine workers (usually, younger scouts), and someone working with the Combine let it out.

Long-time NFL exec and NFL Media analyst Gil Brandt sounded off about the breach of confidentiality on Twitter: “I hope the person who leaked the Trey Adams video is found out and punished to the fullest extent. These are supposed to be confidential meetings. Not fair to Adams or the process. Both players and teams rely on this confidentiality to have honest discussions.”

That’s fine, but the NFL has no qualms about using its media arm to publicize leaks of confidential information about player discipline (in direct violation of league policy), and no one ever says boo about it. If the league decides to go scorched earth over a hilarious comment that isn’t embarrassing in any way to Trey Adams (but for the fact that he discloses a private wish that has fueled an entire industry of medication and supplements), that would be unfortunate.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That’s fine, but the NFL has no qualms about using its media arm to publicize leaks of confidential information about player discipline (in direct violation of league policy), and no one ever says boo about it

that's completely different because that information will eventually come out. player interviews are supposed to remain confidential.

what a fucking cocksucker this dickhead florio is and has always been in his miserable existence.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Only 52 days until the draft... :giggle:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Only 52 days until the draft... :giggle:

And on that note who that watched or followed things has a favorite or did one of their guys do better or worse?

Joe Bachie was what I thought he'd bee and could be another late round ILB taken.
Ezra Cleveland had a good showing in the agility areas so we'll see what happens with him.
The WR class as a whole is pretty stacked I'm sure we'll come home with one from the draft.
Some RB were very nice but as a whole I'm not sure this is a good class after the top 5 or so.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Who doesn’t like this guy? :giggle:

Jonathan Taylor: I’m a playmaker like Gurley, Zeke and Barkley

Ever since he announced he’d be leaving Wisconsin, there’s been little doubt that Jonathan Taylor would be in the running to be the first running back selected this April.

Taylor said on PFT Live last week that he felt his consistency while for more than 6,000 yards in college set him apart from other backs, but NFL teams are going to be looking for high points to go with steadiness. Taylor’s performance at the Scouting Combine didn’t hurt his cause on that front.

He posted the fastest 40-yard-dash of any back in Indianapolis and made his case to be thought of alongside recent first-round picks like Todd Gurley, Ezekiel Elliott and Saquon Barkley.

“Todd Gurley was a playmaker on the field, Zeke was a playmaker on the field, Saquon was a playmaker on the field,” Taylor said, via Albert Breer of SI.com. “Same thing with myself: playmaker on the field. I’ve been constantly able to make plays for three years, and that’s something I really wanted coming into college. I wanted to make sure for the three years I was here, that I was consistent, coaches knew what they were getting out of me every single practice, game, rep.”

D’Andre Swift is likely Taylor’s top competition to go at the top of the draft this year and teams will have many weeks to ponder which one goes first on their boards.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Report: Agents, trainers frustrated with NFL Combine schedule

The NFL moved many combine activities to prime time for the event’s growing TV audience, but that move appears to have angered some of the people involved in the process.

Various reports indicate that many players, trainers and athletes were negatively affected by the scheduling. One agent complained to Matt Miller of Bleacher Report about how the TV scheduling has affected downtime and has led to more injuries for participating players.

View: https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/1234136655767973890?s=21

Most of the figures with whom Pro Football Network's Tony Pauline had spoken “detest” the new schedule. Many players experienced excessive waiting for drills. Navy’s Malcolm Perry, who lacks a true position at the NFL level, was to be tested as a wide receiver and a running back, but did not get to test at the latter position as it was close to midnight.

“Not only do they sit around all day, but the food for the players was poor, and it was a poorly run week,” one veteran of 15 combines told Pauline. “Top agencies are talking about not having their players work out (at the combine) next year.”

It may be that players started using the answer Chase Young gave when it came to the combine. The NFL’s desire to play things up for a TV audience is understandable, but the event should benefit athletes first and foremost. It does not sound like that happened this year, and changes need to be made in 2021.