OFFICIAL 2020 cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Stop tinkering with the kickers!

tenor.gif

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am not real sure on this & I will need to look at this more as the season goes on ER/OLB'erbut Justin Hollins seems to be much better being utilized going up against a well balanced offensive team or a team offense that uses the pass more often than a predominate run-heavy team like the 9ers. He is just better as a pass rusher, in coverage or keeping a mobile QB in the pocket than setting the edge against the run ground attack.

I was thinking that other members might have some thoughts on this fact referencing Hollins.

I think he struggled against the Niners because they sent extra blockers at him. He didn't get many free shots. So does that tell us he doesn't shed well? That could explain being good in coverage or rushing the passer, where he is in space or going forward attacking but moving laterally through traffic is not his forte.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So Bonomega is blaming McQuade for his poor special teams?

They best be ready. Olshetski ain't no joke.
Could just be that they need to get a kicker ready quickly while still hoping Gay is good to go and getting him his reps. I'm not sure how a long snapper would be any kind of a good scapegoat - especially one that has been with the team so long.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Could just be that they need to get a kicker ready quickly while still hoping Gay is good to go and getting him his reps. I'm not sure how a long snapper would be any kind of a good scapegoat - especially one that has been with the team so long.

i was joking

I wasn’t joking about Olshetski though

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Damn John Lynch. I was hoping they were stuck in QB hell for a few years. This kid has some talent, and this new team may jumpstart his career.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Worse, if he comes on, they should be able to sign him to a VERY reasonable multi-year contract giving them a bunch of money for other roster spots.

Dammit.

Honestly, I'm over the Jets loss b/c it's only one game and they all count the same. Plus, after shitting the bed like that, you KNOW the Rams esp the Rams D is fit to be tied.

But... and this is key... If Kyle Shanahan resuscitates Rosen like McVay resuscitated Goff... both were written off as giant busts after their first seasons under really crappy coaches... then this division went from Thunder Dome to Hamburger Hill...

Goof for Rosen, bad for us.

And while I know we don't know, Rosen has the footbal IQ and mechanics to do VERY well in this offense. He's got a solid deep ball, can make all the throws and has a solid play action fake. And you KNOW how Kyle loves to run the ball.

Dammit.

Well, steel is forged in fire, I guess. I just hope that the heat isn't too hot in our division because too hot can lead to brittle. We've seen other slobberknocker divisions that didn't go far in the playoffs because they were so beat up by their divisions.

Anyway, Go Rams.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Rosen is still only 23. I was sort of surprised by that when I looked it up.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Rosen is still Rosen. Lots of good college QBs don't amount to anything in the NFL. All I see is a first round bust, until proven otherwise

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good gracious, if Shanny can make Mullens look legit, I cringe at what he can do with Rosen

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rosen is still Rosen. Lots of good college QBs don't amount to anything in the NFL. All I see is a first round bust, until proven otherwise
Very good point
You could almost say "most" good college QB's dont amount to anything in the NFL, just due to the sheer numbers game. IMO, the guys who hang around and end up with a career, journeyman or otherwise, are the guys who dont have inflated ego. Guys that know their role, practice player, clipboard holder etc. The guys with the star complex, starter or nothing attitude seem to be the ones who flame out and disappear. Rosen sure seemed like the latter, so we'll see

Bootleg

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shrewd move. The 49ers get to kick the tires on a top 10 QB pick with virtually no downside-risk during a lost season. I'm surprised Rosen has been sitting on the Buc's practice squad for so long. I figure some NFL team carrying 3 QBs on the active roster would've taken a chance on him a lot earlier. But what do I know.....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mullens has guts, Rosen doesn't.
Not sure how you came to that conclusion? Rosen got the crap kicked out of him in his first 2 stops, 61 sacks in 16 games, while Mullens surely came in to a better situation, and has been sacked about half