2017 Rams Regular Season Losses

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
Seth Griffith
I already knew this but I wanted to spell it out. We had quite a few blow out wins, and we didn't really get blown out by anyone. In fact, most of our losses were winnable. I'm spelling this out to show that IMO we have a very good chance to advance deep this year and hopefully to the SB.

Redskins: Lost by 7 pts. Very winnable game that we let get away

Seattle: Lost by 6 pts. So many plays could have should have...Gurley fumble out of the endzone on first drive, Kupp dropping the game tying TD, turning the ball over 5 times and still being int it....

Vikings: Lost by 17 (our only blowout loss if you will) Competitive until the end of the game. Final score not indicative of how close this game was played and I like our chances in a rematch; we didn't bring our A game when we played them in the regular season.

Eagles: Close game up until the end. Strip sack (Goff) was big towards the end of that game if i recall right. Also some big calls against us that were ticky tack.

49ers: Not counting this game for anything....

What I'm focused on is that we didn't loss any games where we just didn't show up.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Well outlined, Seth.

I’ve felt the same all year.

We can beat anyone.

(y)

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I already knew this but I wanted to spell it out. We had quite a few blow out wins, and we didn't really get blown out by anyone. In fact, most of our losses were winnable. I'm spelling this out to show that IMO we have a very good chance to advance deep this year and hopefully to the SB.

Redskins: Lost by 7 pts. Very winnable game that we let get away

Seattle: Lost by 6 pts. So many plays could have should have...Gurley fumble out of the endzone on first drive, Kupp dropping the game tying TD, turning the ball over 5 times and still being int it....

Vikings: Lost by 17 (our only blowout loss if you will) Competitive until the end of the game. Final score not indicative of how close this game was played and I like our chances in a rematch; we didn't bring our A game when we played them in the regular season.

Eagles: Close game up until the end. Strip sack (Goff) was big towards the end of that game if i recall right. Also some big calls against us that were ticky tack.

49ers: Not counting this game for anything....

What I'm focused on is that we didn't loss any games where we just didn't show up.
What I take away from those games lost....if we can keep Goff UN-molested the Rams will win & win big. The OL must have a successful game if we are to move forward into this off season.

I am sure that this week Atlanta Falcons has spent an enormous amount of time & effort in order to put some serious heat on Goff paying close attention to pawing & swiping @ the ball in Goff's hands. Not much we can do about the refs.

nighttrain

Legend
As this years playoffs go forward, the Rams have to be the most feared road team in the playoffs...t
train

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
As Mcvay has said after each of the first 4 losses, getting Gurley the ball is key. After the philly game McVay pretty much said he would not let that happen again. The O must grind out 1st downs to give the D a breather, yet the O is so explosive any play could score. It is when the O starts pressing and doesnt convert 3rd downs that it gets hard to get Gurley his touches. But when Gurley starts running like he has been lately you have got to give him the ball on 1st or 2nd down, everytime. If he doesnt get it on 1st down it better be PA and Goff hits a pass for a 1st down. I want Gurley to have 15 touches or 4 TDs in the 1st half.

I will let him get away with 10 or fewer touches if he has 4 TDs.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Redskins straight beat us. Game was closer than it should have been, as there were multiple busted coverages the Skins didn't take advantage of, not to mention their RB dropping (or the QB missing him forget which) what would have been a huge play. But that said, it was early this season before the Rams started to click on defense, so as we moved forward I wasn't too concerned by it.

Vikings also straight beat us. The score would have been closer had we not lost our CBs in the fourth quarter, but still. It was an uphill climb all damn day vs that defense and I never felt like we'd get the upper hand after that fumble in the redzone. IMO that was a big character loss, and the team grew from it.

The two losses where I felt like the Rams choked under pressure were Seattle and Philly. Seattle the Rams just coughed that damn ball up all day, from that first fumble by Gurley that should have been a TD drive, things disintegrated and their confidence wasn't there, but even with all that they should have won but for Kupp's dropped pass. Same deal with Philly, having the lead there in the fourth quarter at home the Rams let it get away. Rams showed they learned from the Seattle loss though, and I am certain they learned from the Philly loss too.

What I love about this team is how they learn and move forward. Question is whether they've grown enough to run the table in the playoffs, and I think it's possible even with the loss of their kicker. Either way we have a good chance and that's enough for me.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As Mcvay has said after each of the first 4 losses, getting Gurley the ball is key.
Yup... he has said that after every loss... and, IIRC, he was right... got too pass happy.

It's hard to stick with the run... it's death by a thousand cuts and it's boring. But it brings so many benefits:
1] Keeps your defense off the field (breathers)
2] Builds confidence on that OLine (they are on the offensive, instead of moving backwards from the snap)
3] If successful, demoralizes the opponent (inflicting your will on them)

But it takes commitment and patience... and most NFL head coaches run out of both long before they need to.

Here's to hoping McVay remembers his lessons learned and sticks with the run... not give up on it too early.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
What I love about this team is how they learn and move forward. Question is whether they've grown enough to run the table in the playoffs, and I think it's possible even with the loss of their kicker. Either way we have a good chance and that's enough for me.
McVay doesn't strike me as the Type of Coach to Lose twice to the same Team, so, after Atlanta, The Viqueen's and Iggle's are Toast!(y)
" Just picture what we did to the Hag's after losing to them!!":D