2014 rookie QBs...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I've read a few places people lamenting that the Rams didn't draft a QB in 2014 in case Bradford went down. My question is this: would you start anyone from this year's crop of rookies over Shaun Hill? The rooks:

#3 - Blake Bortles
#22 - Johnny Manziel
#32 - Teddy Bridgewater
#36 - Derek Carr
#62 - Jimmy Garoppolo
#120 - Logan Thomas
#135 - Tom Savage
#163 - Aaron Murray
#164 - AJ McCarron
#178 - Zach Mettenberger
#183 - David Fales
#194 - Keith Wenning
#213 - Tajh Boyd
#214 - Garrett Gilbert

I mean, besides Bortles (maybe), I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with any of these guys starting over Shaun Hill. Not as rookies. Yes, they have upside - and I'm a fan of both Carr and Garoppolo, as well as Boyd - but none of them is a short-term solution to a Bradford injury.

What I'm saying is, the Rams DID make a big effort to get some Bradford injury insurance. That effort's name is Shaun Hill.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I've read a few places people lamenting that the Rams didn't draft a QB in 2014 in case Bradford went down. My question is this: would you start anyone from this year's crop of rookies over Shaun Hill? The rooks:

#3 - Blake Bortles
#22 - Johnny Manziel
#32 - Teddy Bridgewater
#36 - Derek Carr
#62 - Jimmy Garoppolo
#120 - Logan Thomas
#135 - Tom Savage
#163 - Aaron Murray
#164 - AJ McCarron
#178 - Zach Mettenberger
#183 - David Fales
#194 - Keith Wenning
#213 - Tajh Boyd
#214 - Garrett Gilbert

I mean, besides Bortles (maybe), I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with any of these guys starting over Shaun Hill. Not as rookies. Yes, they have upside - and I'm a fan of both Carr and Garoppolo, as well as Boyd - but none of them is a short-term solution to a Bradford injury.

What I'm saying is, the Rams DID make a big effort to get some Bradford injury insurance. That effort's name is Shaun Hill.
In the order of when I liked them, for their draft value (where they were selected) Logan Thomas, Zach Mettenberger, Aaron Murry, Blake Bortles, maybe Teddy, but he's too little for my tastes now....I only believe Bortles is actually ready to play, followed by Carr....But I would have love to have & had play Mettenberger or Logan Thomas right now with no remorse...weren't they both 3rd round picks?