20 Random...Do I Really Have to do 20 Random Thoughts This Week?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
1. Nothing takes the wind out my sails like a loss to an entirely beatable team due to mistakes.

2. But, this is a weekly thing for me, so...

3. Let's rattle off some of the culprits, so as not to single out any one individual.

4. Goff was uncharacteristically inaccurate yesterday, particularly on the first few drives.

5. Drops by Cooper Kupp (the one in the End Zone proved to be a killer) and Robert Woods (his caused less harm, as the TD to Reynolds followed a few plays later) did not help.

6. Neither did the false starts.

7. The defense was horrible in the first half. A step too slow on every play and tackling worthy of a pee wee league game.

8. If we allow another team to gain 18 yards and second and 19 again my TV will be in serious danger of having a hole in the shape of one of my shoes.

9. I think the loss was 99% an issue of execution, and 1% game plan/play calling, but I will say I was not a fan of the failure to just run the ball in (we were gaining on every play) on the 3rd quarter drive. Of course, if Kupp just catches the ball...

10. In games like this, in which opposing teams want to run the ball down our throats, a guy like A'Shawn Robinson would really come in handy. Hopefully we'll have him when we meet the Niners again.

11. The Sam Sloman experiment is looking like a failure. Not sure if there are any great alternatives out there, but I have very little confidence in him at this point.

12. Lost in the bad game was a very good showing by Darrell Henderson.

13. When we wear the blue jerseys, we should wear the sol pants. Every time.

14. I can't stand when announcers, in a game in which the opposing team is running the ball with consistency and throwing short passes in 2 - 2.5 seconds express surprise that Aaron Donald isn't getting to the QB. To quote the great Dr. Cox, "I can't honestly decide whether to say 'duh', 'adoy' or a very sarcastic, 'Oh, really?'"

15. Okay, enough with the angry post mortem. Looking ahead...

16. My feelings about this team will be impacted substantially by how they come out in the next game. I want to see fire, urgency and aggression from the fist snap against the Bears a wee from tonight. A win against Chicago could have significant playoff implications down the road, so we should be fired up for this one.

17. Nsimba Webster looked good on both kick and punt returns. I'd take the latter burden off Kupp entirely.

18. I know, I know... I said I was going to try to be positive. Well, I'm positive we're going to need to improve our LB corps next off season.

19. Okay, deep breath. We're still 4-2 and, if we play to our potential, could certainly get to the halfway point with a 6-2 record.

20. Onward!

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Here's my thought:

Would it prove to be ultimately better for the Rams if Sloman missed his FG kick too? Just rip the bandaid off already. Dump him and sign him to the practice squad but get the kid off the field until he builds up his body and can get any kind of consistency.

His suckiness is rubbing off on Hekker.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Anyone else think McVay put Kupp in to return the punt to instill confidence by asking him to redeem himself?

I doubt we'll see him again back there, unless the dropsies revisit Kupp

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
We are in terrible need of a good MLB. Did you see how much of a difference one makes when we played against one yesterday (Warner). Not sure if Kiser is slowed from injuries (Young just isn't that good IMO) or if he just isn't it. Littleton was pretty good last year, but, honestly, I can't recall the last time we had a dominate MLB. It think its an entirely too overlooked position.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
And ONE touch for our top draft pick RB who had the longest run of the season just LAST WEEK? I can't imagine the reasoning behind this. Yes, Hendo was running well, but MB was certainly not..... at all.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Kupp is probably being put in as punt returner based on field position. Webster was out in the (more of...) the middle of the field. When it would have been inside the 20 (on a normal kick...) it was Kupp.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Nothing's bothering me more than getting gashed by RBs. That's happened every single game this year, and there's zero improvement against it.

And the blue pants are close.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Man I just want to bring up benching Reader for Kiser. I'm just not seeing how Kiser is an upgrade. Especially with how much bulk Reader put on this year

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Man I just want to bring up benching Reader for Kiser. I'm just not seeing how Kiser is an upgrade. Especially with how much bulk Reader put on this year
I think Kiser wasn't 100% on Sunday. Looking at his play in the games before the injury and compared to Reeders game against WFT i believe Kiser is an upgrade. Other than the 3 sacks Reeder wasn't very good. Jmo.

dang

Legend
As a Rams fan we knew they would have a couple of head scratchers this season. An entire half of swiss cheese defense and a complete failure of an offensive pass game was painful to watch. It was just compounded by the fact that is was at the hands of Jimmy F-ing G-string and Ugly Gronk acting like a freaking WWF castoff. I am sure the Rams will drop another deuce in the portapotty sometime this year but I am going to trust McVay and company won’t let it happen in another division game.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
When we wear the blue jerseys, we should wear the sol pants. Every time.

This. Come on, Rams.

Okay, deep breath. We're still 4-2 and, if we play to our potential, could certainly get to the halfway point with a 6-2 record.

One thing about the 2020 season... home field for the playoffs is less important. Just a ticket, baby!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Akers needs Malcolm Brown’s touches. MB is too slow to threaten the D.

Don’t fucking agree at all.

One reason is Henderson,but for some reason he might to opening up to soon though.

Another reason is he has not shown he is ready for all those touches Brown had last week.

Third- Malcom Brown deserves more than one touch,but less than Akers & Henderson

Last all 3 RB’s need carries.Henderson as of now deserves to be the lead back to date.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Oh, here is a thought start Reeder and Kiser at MLBer and sit Young down. This would sure improve the run defense.