1st time going to Sofi - 10/24 Rams vs Vikings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
If you’re into that sort of thing, the pink lot is where they host the tailgates. It’s definitely an interesting visual, seeing all the Rams tailgate gear, interacting with other Rams fans, and worth killing at least an hour of your time if you arrive three hours early.
The tailgating Lots (plural) are loads of fun.... great socializing with fellow Ram fans...

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
I will be making my first trip to SoFi as well this year! For me it involves a pricey plane ticket and also a hotel. Let's hope we both see a big Rams WIN!
Been there done that. Well worth it, though for us!!
But, airfare from Portland to LA is not all that spendy - unless I dig in for first cabin!! :laugh1:
But yeah - airfare, hotel, tickets and mad money easily $700-1,000 per person.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I will be making my first trip to SoFi as well this year! For me it involves a pricey plane ticket and also a hotel. Let's hope we both see a big Rams WIN!
What game are you planning to go to? I hope you get to see a win. The Beagles game was brutal last year. We really should have won. Again...Philly fans were dickheads at that game.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
What game are you planning to go to? I hope you get to see a win. The Beagles game was brutal last year. We really should have won. Again...Philly fans were dickheads at that game.
Not 100% decided yet but definitely a game in the winter to escape the snow here in Canada. I am thinking the game in December vs. the Bills. Lots of folks in Ontario are Bills fans. Would love to root against them.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Not 100% decided yet but definitely a game in the winter to escape the snow here in Canada. I am thinking the game in December vs. the Bills. Lots of folks in Ontario are Bills fans. Would love to root against them.
We're thinking about a game this year as well. I'll let you know if we're going to make that one.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I fully agree with this!

I arrived to a game 3 hours early in an Uber. What I found is the gates weren't open to get inside the stadium. And, there were no restaurants or bars to go to. We had nothing to do and just sat in front of the lake waiting for the gates to open. It got boring real quick. I would time it to arrive 2 hours early instead of three.

Now, maybe I screwed up and there was something open or something to do, but I couldn't find anything, and like I said, just sat around doing nothing for a couple hours.
3 hours is perfect if your into the parking lot party (tail gate) in the pink lot. I go there with my young teen son and we have a blast interacting with other nutty Rams fans (like us). Also, they have food and drink.
In the same boat. Its why I choose games that we are more then likely to win. Went a couple years back with the whole family to the hags game near the end of the year. The year our entire team was hurt. Even with everyone on the IR, we nearly won. Was the only game my wife has been too and it was an L. Not ideal lol.
Been there done that. Well worth it, though for us!!
But, airfare from Portland to LA is not all that spendy - unless I dig in for first cabin!! :laugh1:
But yeah - airfare, hotel, tickets and mad money easily $700-1,000 per person.
Yeah, we are flying from Portland for the Raiders game (10/20). I'm a bit apprehensive because I know the crowd is going to include a LOT of Raider fans, but, god willing, we should kick their ass, so well worth it. I'm lucky enough to have an aunt in Long Beach we can crash with, so we save on the hotel tickets. That said, even if we had to hotel it, the Ram game experience is well worth the cost. My favorite place in the world.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Rams defense should feast vs Minnesota, who will have either Darnold or a rook at QB. That's a good game choice I think. :thumbsup1:

fearsomefour

Legend
We parked in a lot of a business, bought the tickets for parking as part of the game ticket.
A few block walk, maybe 10-12 minutes, easy peasy.
So-Fi is sweet.
The upper deck seats can be a little disorientating in that the stairs are so steep. But, this provides a great view.
The upper deck 30 yard line seats we had were better than the second deck 40 yard line seat at the Big A.
The food was disappointing.....refried beans on a hot dog??
They don't take cash.
I did the old man thing of showing up with a pocket full of cash.
Very loud and busy scene between music, contests, give aways etc during pregame, halftime, commercial breaks etc.
Have a great time.
Go Rams!!

WestCoastRam

Legend
We parked in a lot of a business, bought the tickets for parking as part of the game ticket.
A few block walk, maybe 10-12 minutes, easy peasy.
So-Fi is sweet.
The upper deck seats can be a little disorientating in that the stairs are so steep. But, this provides a great view.
The upper deck 30 yard line seats we had were better than the second deck 40 yard line seat at the Big A.
The food was disappointing.....refried beans on a hot dog??
They don't take cash.
I did the old man thing of showing up with a pocket full of cash.
Very loud and busy scene between music, contests, give aways etc during pregame, halftime, commercial breaks etc.
Have a great time.
Go Rams!!
God the food there sucks.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Yeah, I found that very surprising.
Given the cost and attention to detail that would seem one of the easier things to get right.
yeah, I think they're locked into some abysmal vendors and may have to wait out the contracts. I don't care if they want to be unique, just get Shake Shack and some half decent tacos in there.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
yeah, I think they're locked into some abysmal vendors and may have to wait out the contracts. I don't care if they want to be unique, just get Shake Shack and some half decent tacos in there.
In N Out?? I know they dont do that cater to that but would make a killing.

Honestly when I go to a game give me a dog and a couple or 3 Modelos and Im good to go.....

WestCoastRam

Legend
In N Out?? I know they dont do that cater to that but would make a killing.

Honestly when I go to a game give me a dog and a couple or 3 Modelos and Im good to go.....
yeah, i don't think In'N'Out does deals like that... and TBH, I think Shake Shack is actually better. The burger at INO is pretty good but not all that and the fries are ungodly bad and you have to ask them to burn them to a crisp to make them edible.

A dog at a game is essential, good call.

fearsomefour

Legend
Amen.
Its So Cal for the love of God......great tacos are a birth right there.
A few flavors of fries, a good steak sandwich, some good wraps, dogs, burgers, tacos, beer.....come on Stan.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah just load up on tacos before you hit the stadium and focus on hydration/beer once you're in there.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Any way you can dress up the bad food? I used to carry a zip lock bag of jalapenos in my pocket to add to my nasty nachos at the movie theater. Worked well.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
How hard is it going to be with traffic for a TNF game?