1st, both 2nds, 3rd and 1st next year for Wentz?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Would you trade the farm for Carson Wentz?

• Yes

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • No

Votes: 37 75.5%

• Total voters

WvuIN02

Starter
Winston, yes.(by a narrow margin) Mariota, no.

How do you figure? Mariota was insanely good as a rookie on a horrible team.

I'd put money that none of these rookies will put up his numbers.

12 games 2818 passing yards 19tds 10 ints 91.5 rating. Tack on another 250 yards rushing and 2 rushing tds to that.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
You beat me to it, I was just going to say ...

Tyrone Biggums.jpg

Anyone who would suggest such an ridiculous Trade Has to be high on something!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How do you figure? Mariota was insanely good as a rookie on a horrible team.

I'd put money that none of these rookies will put up his numbers.

12 games 2818 passing yards 19tds 10 ints 91.5 rating. Tack on another 250 yards rushing and 2 rushing tds to that.

This is pure hindsight based analysis. It's like claiming RGIII was a better prospect than Luck after their rookie years.

Mariota had many of the same questions that Lynch and Wentz have. Both Lynch and Wentz are just as physically talented.

WvuIN02

Starter
Mayock said the same thing.

If you put all these QBs in last years draft, none of them would be talked about as being picked at the top vs Mariota and Winston.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mayock said the same thing.

If you put all these QBs in last years draft, none of them would be talked about as being picked at the top vs Mariota and Winston.

Mayock's opinion holds about as much sway with me as Kiper's.(And I consider Kiper's opinion irrelevant)

Mike Mayock claimed a couple years ago that Johnny Manziel was the best QB in the draft and a future Pro Bowl and Super Bowl winning QB. He also compared him to Steve Young.

WvuIN02

Starter
Lmfao, jerry thats ridiculous.

Tons of guys get drafted who were supposed to be good and didnt pan out, even drafted by hall of famers and great teams. Just a ridiculous reason. Mayock played in the NFL and knows 1000x more than anyone who posts here.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mayock's opinion holds about as much sway with me as Kiper's.(And I consider Kiper's opinion irrelevant)

Mike Mayock claimed a couple years ago that Johnny Manziel was the best QB in the draft and a future Pro Bowl and Super Bowl winning QB. He also compared him to Steve Young.
Well so far Manziel has matched Steve Young stats from his stint in Tampa Bay. 3 wins 16 losses, 11 Td to 21 int and a passer rating around 60

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lmfao, jerry thats ridiculous.

Tons of guys get drafted who were supposed to be good and didnt pan out, even drafted by hall of famers and great teams. Just a ridiculous reason. Mayock played in the NFL and knows 1000x more than anyone who posts here.

Matt Millen also played in the NFL. Playing in the NFL doesn't mean you can evaluate talent. I don't care about his opinions. You want to take them as the gospel...go for it. Might as well start the Manziel to the Rams train right now. Because according to Mayock, he's the next Steve Young. :LOL:

WvuIN02

Starter
Well, it might not matter to you, but his opinion actually is respected by people in the league.

Im guessing he isnt on edge waiting for your mock draft either lol

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, it might not matter to you, but his opinion actually is respected by people in the league.

Im guessing he isnt on edge waiting for your mock draft either lol

Yea because the Rams follow Mike Mayock's rankings. :LOL:

That's just fine with me. I put no stock in his opinion because I have my own. Don't need to defer to a fake expert.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, as a fake expert his resume > yours

Can you offer any proof of this? Like Mayock's success rate with predictions or something substantive/empirical?

Otherwise, this sounds an awful lot like an appeal to authority logical fallacy.

Ultimately, though, I don't care. You can sit here and defend Mike Mayock's opinions. I'll defend my own. Because I put the time and work in to develop those opinions. I recommend you do the same. This place is much more interesting when people develop their own opinions rather than going off of what the talking heads are saying. Especially since their opinions can change at a moment's notice.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This place is much more interesting when people develop their own opinions rather than going off of what the talking heads are saying.

Truth.

I don't come here to see posts about how great the talking heads are, what's the fun in that? I come to have discourse with others that actually watch some college tape and can form their own opinions.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Assume that we re-sign one of the Jenkins/Johnson, re-sign the rest of our impact FAs, get some depth on the OL and a vet WR in FA.

Yup, IMHO Wentz is worth it.

Best Arm, can throw deep, deep outs along w/ mid range touch, body size w/ 10' hands!, Athleticism. Ran some what of a pro style system (So part of the learning curve has been built in as he needed to go through progression reads) Smart and a leader. No off field issues or red flags.
So draft him Snead

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Depends. I'd have to see how the off-season played out.

Did we sign both of our CBs? One? Which one?

Who have we resigned?

Which FAs did we acquire?

How are Tree and Gaines recovering? Does it look like they'll be as good/better this year?

If we have a number of positions to fill, then we may not have the luxury to do it.

If FA falls our way, then we may be able to take the shot.

I think Wentz is the guy. I really do. I could be wrong. And I won't judge him based on Cleveland because... that's a QB graveyard... but we'll see.

I just think we're going to do...something. And it won't be small. This team is in win now mode. That's important to consider when thinking about these things.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The trade I outlined might be a bit extreme, but we need to make a move and get the QB we want....whoever that ends up being.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Depends. I'd have to see how the off-season played out.

Did we sign both of our CBs? One? Which one?

Who have we resigned?

Which FAs did we acquire?

How are Tree and Gaines recovering? Does it look like they'll be as good/better this year?

If we have a number of positions to fill, then we may not have the luxury to do it.

If FA falls our way, then we may be able to take the shot.

I think Wentz is the guy. I really do. I could be wrong. And I won't judge him based on Cleveland because... that's a QB graveyard... but we'll see.

I just think we're going to do...something. And it won't be small. This team is in win now mode. That's important to consider when thinking about these things.

I answered most of your questions in my original post. But let's say Tree and Gaines are 100%.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
We MAY have the qb yet with all the valuable picks given up we'll be affected at other positions of need. Just not this season but for seasons thereafter. But hey we got a QB.