17 game season might be here in 2021

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramphreak

UDFA
Name
Mike
I asked on another message board, how will we feel when someone breaks EDs rushing record because of the extra game?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I asked on another message board, how will we feel when someone breaks EDs rushing record because of the extra game?

As long as it is Cam Akers I don’t give a Frauk !!!! Marshall & SJ39 all purpose??? Jerome at least he finished The LA Rams experience until
Todd Gurley!!! You know The Rams gave been blessed in a sense.
—Emmit lookout out FSU u baby!!
As long as Cam has a better career than Fred Taylor from which I believe he will,The Ram did extremely well.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Probably the same as the OJ Simpson fans felt when ED broke his mark.
Of course before he like killed his ex wife and stuff....

As for the 17th game, the owners can institute this if they want, I'm thinking this decision is what will ultimately determine the salary cap for 2021

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Glad they are thinking of keeping the preseason games. I think they're good for the fans not to mention the diamonds in the rough who need opportunity to show what they can do. Not having them in 2020 sucked and made me realize how much I like to watch our depth guys duke it out in real games.

Eventually I'm guessing they'll go with a longer sched than 17 games with no preseason and a couple bye weeks. Not sure how many games would be required mathematically to allow everyone to have two byes and have things fit where it feels right but that's what I expect down the road.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Florida State-

Bar-None is not on the list,but having a FB wasn’t always the worst way to go.I believe Stafford has done well with a FB as well. Just a view point.

also there was a Reason why I like Delvin Cook so much in the NFL draft.
Cam Akers looks like Seminole Gold as a Ram RB

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

As for the 17th game, the owners can institute this if they want, I'm thinking this decision is what will ultimately determine the salary cap for 2021

As for ED2105's record pissing off bill fans... you can subtract ED's 2 lowest run total games that year from the 2105 and he still breaks OJ's number. I believe those games were the Pittsburgh game and one of our San Francisco games.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'd prefer we just jump to an 18 game season with 3 BYE weeks to not only extend the season for increased overall CAP revenue from a longer TV season, but to also allow more time for players to heal. Cut the pre-season down to 2 or 3 games. jmo.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

After the 2020 Covid season it looks even more possible.If I remember right it was passed last season,but because of the season being
in TOTAL QUESTION. The Fact The NFL got through it was pretty amazing in itself with all the obstacles.

2020 had no preseason so have an NFL team & season to prepare for doesn’t need 4 to 5 extra games to get ready.
Having The Extra game & record books can go F”ThEMSELVES !! Baseball freaking totally messed up record books & All those So Call Loyalist !!! We can talk about rounds as well.
Freaking talk about the privilege as well. History Speeks for itself & this is not the forum. Still a little rant now & then is in order.

My point & if I had a VOTE it would be for 17 games.The fact ED29 is NOW a TRUE again is nice to see.I have nothing against anyone.Just really nice to see. I have a friend who is a So.Cal Bear Fan & I’m so Glad The Rams have Matthew Stafford & The Rams Organization is FIRST CLASS & I buy the FOREVER stamp to send my Vote even without a signature but has my approval. In fact if it continues the same way. It gets my stamp as well.
I enjoy this forum,poster, & the NFL.
Enjoy looking back a the history books.You know if you look at the ED29 Football Life you’ll see how even if you have the information in your hand. Sometimes (Shaw) doesn’t even appreciate your HARD WORK & EFFORT!! As ED29 does I let bygones be bygones. Let the history books playout how ever they might ..
I truly love The Ram organization Now more than ever in my Life.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
As for ED2105's record pissing off bill fans... you can subtract ED's 2 lowest run total games that year from the 2105 and he still breaks OJ's number. I believe those games were the Pittsburgh game and one of our San Francisco games.

I remember Thomas having a breakout year from Oklahoma State after sitting behind the Great one.(Billy Simms?) Barry Sanders. Will be nice to have a Detroit Lion Great on The Rams.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Looks like the Rams would play either the Dolphins, Raiders or Ravens
They should make the extra games be against the closest team geographically from the other conference this creates a rivalry and limit travel.

Rams/Chargers would be an obvious annual rivalry game.

Others: (some debatable, but this keeps most relatively close travel wise.)

Giants/Jets
Eagles/Pats
Cards/Chiefs
Panthers/Titans
Falcons/Jags
Dolphins/Bucs
Niners/Raiders
Seahawks/Broncos
Saints/Texans
WFT/Ravens
Vikings/Bills
Bears/Browns
Packers/Colts
Lions/Bengals
Cowboys/Steelers

Psycho_X

Legend
Would definitely be a way to keep the salary cap from plunging too much. I thought this was happening anyway but good to know that it's in discussion and maybe will help the cap if they do it. I still say they should reduce the preseason games to two though. I like having them and seeing the young kids play but 4 is overkill.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OJ had a couple clunkers in his season too. Dont matter. ED broke it with a game to go where OJ was getting fed until he broke it. Big difference
The the 98 yards he got the following week against the best 49er team of all time was legendary. No resting on his laurels there

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I remember Thomas having a breakout year from Oklahoma State after sitting behind the Great one.(Billy Simms?) Barry Sanders. Will be nice to have a Detroit Lion Great on The Rams.
Barry Sanders sat behind Thurman Thomas, not the other way around