#13?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
IF the Rams decide to go secondary and depending on who's left from the previous 12 picks who do you think the Rams select? If it's a CB which in all honesty I think it will be (with a OT already taken ) I think we will be picking a CB with #13 for following reasons in no particular order.
#1. Lack of Depth at the position on roster.
#2. What talent will be avaiable at #13 (BPA)
#3. Scheme, Scheme, and more scheme that Williams will use. (CB's must hold)
#4. Add talent that can score or shut down a weapon for the opposing offense and create turnovers.

With all that being said I like me some Darqueze Dennard! I'm not like most that have been reviewing tape and such for months but from catching up on him and the other top prospect Gilbert I think HANDS DOWN he would be a perfect marriage for us. Not just watching his highlights but watching him in coverage, his instinct, his natural feel for others on the field and his confident attitude it seems he is mature as well. Here is a few samples of each of the two top prospects and tell me who you'd rather have?
Not bad videos if you have the time to watch them of a possible future Ram!!

"NO Fly ZONES"

Coverage-

Alan

Legend
Good stuff Rammer. I still like Gilbert better because of his speed. I also think that your 4 reasons could fit a FS too. ;)

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Simpy put, he's a physical press man cover corner who had a low completion percentage against him and happens to be a perfect fit in Greg Williams defense, IMO.
Nice couldn't have said that better myself man.... He seems like to perfect of a fit not to have him!

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Gilbert fits the profile of a Snead like pick.
Out of curiosity what is the profile of a Snead pick? This guys has the signitures of a Willams/Fisher CB

FRO

Legend
Out of curiosity what is the profile of a Snead pick? This guys has the signitures of a Willams/Fisher CB
He likes guys who are athletic and highly productive. Maybe not finished products, but guys with upside. Alec Ogletree is a the epitome of a Snead pick.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
He likes guys who are athletic and highly productive. Maybe not finished products, but guys with upside. Alec Ogletree is a the epitome of a Snead pick.
Gotcha

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
When I clicked on the thread I expected it to be about Kurt Warner, as all I saw was #13 on the subject line.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Good stuff Rammer. I still like Gilbert better because of his speed. I also think that your 4 reasons could fit a FS too. ;)
DAMNIT NO ALAN! CB!! I'm telling you right meow brah!
But Thankyou, Think if we go CB or S these probably could fit it all #4 of those. I'll bring this thread up draft day when we draft Dennard to be the classic big headed I told you so! ;)

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Every time I go to first-pick.com, I can't help but pick Dennard with our second pick, be it at 13 or a little further down.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
After trade downs...

#10 - Dennard
#16 - Pryor

Boom! Secondary now a strength.

*wouldn't mind Verrett in the 20's if we are somehow end up picking there. Perfect nickel for us.