12 Personnel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
And at least some of Whit's snaps were "12" too I'd say. So probably at least half the snaps were 12, and possibly more, schematically speaking.
Yeah, McVay has used his WRs as psuedo TEs, and most WRs have been willing. Though there is a difference between a 202lb WR (Whittington) and a 243lb(Long)/265lb(Parkinson) TE blocking.

Last edited:

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I doubt it stays 12 personnel once everyone is healthy. McVay should have employed 12 personnel when the Rams were facing 6 man fronts. He never did and he has undying faith in his system. He blames every failure on poor execution.

I really hoped that the Super Bowl against the Patriots would have opened his mind to being more variable but it hasn’t seemed to.

Personally I’d welcome more 12 personnel, or a healthy mix anyway. It could give Puka and Kupp a rest and save them for the playoffs.

Agreed. It creates more mismatch opportunities against different defense packages. I also know that the league knows mcvays system pretty well now because it is only run out of 11. So giving opposing teams more to game plan for can only benefit the rams. Maybe he'll learn that from this game.

Probably not tho lol.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Agreed. It creates more mismatch opportunities against different defense packages. I also know that the league knows mcvays system pretty well now because it is only run out of 11. So giving opposing teams more to game plan for can only benefit the rams. Maybe he'll learn that from this game.

Probably not tho lol.
I think the 49ers didn’t prepare for it and it was part of the reason for the win

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the 49ers didn’t prepare for it and it was part of the reason for the win
Gotta agree with this. I'm sure the niner coaches and players were confused when they saw the extra tight end. The key to 11 personnel though is that teams never know what the Rams are gonna do. If the defense goes nickel... the Rams can run. If they go heavy, the Rams can pass. And the Rams can go hurry-up so the defense has to stay on the field and maintain the personnel.

Psycho_X

Legend
If Hunter Long stays healthy finally and keeps contributing like this I'll be happy. Trading Ramsey got us Byron Young and Hunter Long. Paying dividends in 2024 so far. Now question is what happens when Higbee is 100% again? Trading Higbee is quite the boon in cap savings rest of year and next. I'd hate to do that to a player I like but this is becoming more and more like a smart business decision. Barring an injury to one of our current TEs of course.

View: https://x.com/TheLARamsPR/status/1839346264640827512

Last edited: