Zuerlein and pressure kicks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
If you are referring to the last second (literally) FG attempt, that was a situation due to a goofy rule enforcement which made that kick next to impossible to make.
With the 10 second run off after the penalty, they has ONE SECOND to snap the ball, ON THE WHISTLE. Not to mention is was then a 59 yard kick. Had very little to do with Zuerlein. There is no way you can simulate that sort of situation in practice, so I give him a pass on that one.

On the earlier miss,, I'm not sure I would classify that as a "pressure kick". It was simply a miss. Something he only did TWICE last year. His FG % was 93% (26 of 28), so he is the least of my concerns with this team.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It was a FIFTY NINE yard attempt!!!

Most guys can't even reach the goal post from that distance and he put it into the seats. How often does anyone expect him to make kicks from that distance? In the entire league I bet it's one out of 20 times a guy hits from there!

PhxRam

Only thing I will comment on is that fact GZ ALWAYS hooks the ball to the left. I dont think I have ever seen him miss right.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
GZ hasn't completely earned my confidence, but he's pretty darn good.

And... The last kick... They were lucky to even get the kick away.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
He does seem to be a little bit streaky. He will make 15 in a row, and then miss a couple in a row. But let's hope he's got it out of his system now, and he will make them all this season.

tempests

Hall of Fame
I noticed he kicked a 53 and 54 yarder at the end of regulation and OT to help the Rams beat SF. Game winner against AZ and 58 + 60 yarders against Seattle.

A kicker missing a FG is like a WR dropping a pass. It happens. He could hardly be feeling under pressure in the first game of the preseason.

Av8R

UDFA
I'm not worried about GZ... I just want him to keep his confidence in the long ranges.

FRO

Legend
Tough crowd. Zuerline is a great kicker. He has nailed some long game winners for us before. Great young talent. I hope he and Hekker are here for a long time.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I hope we can afford GZ the opportunity to make shorter kicks early in the season.

Just like teams try to get the QB in a rhythm early in games... Kickers benefit the same to start the season with some success.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Again!!!!! 2013: 28 FGA 26 FGM FG% 93% and some still aren't sure about him>?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
When he misses, it's usually a big one. Lol

I'm getting a whiff of what you've stepped in.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I think the fan base was spoiled by a guy like Wilkins, who just seemed automatic from whatever distance we needed him to kick a ball from. I can assure you that Zuerlein doesn't have a trend against pressure kicks, if anything he's proven his meddle by kicking a game winner and a game tier all in the same game.

Misses happen, especially from 50+ yards out, not even Josh Brown as a Seahawk was automatic from there.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Meh. I'll worry about it if he actually starts costing us games (that mean something).

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
marshall seemed convinced on a bad hold the first kick and the second wasnt his fault. no time to properly kick and it was 59 yards and didnt miss by much. only way to build confidence on those +55 yard kicks is for Fisher to keep giving him a shot which he will.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Just like SJ following Faulk.

And everyone since Warner.
Don't even get me started on every WR since Torry and Bruce.

We were truly blessed to have team full of exceptions, to the point where a lot of fans thought that was the rule.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Don't even get me started on every WR since Torry and Bruce.

We were truly blessed to have team full of exceptions, to the point where a lot of fans thought that was the rule.

Think about the disaster brewing in Indy when Andrew Luck retires. They won't have a clue what it's like searching for a QB.

They've had two very good ones fall right in their lap.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Think about the disaster brewing in Indy when Andrew Luck retires. They won't have a clue what it's like searching for a QB.

Luck still has a lot to prove though don't you think? He has potential for sure and he seems to be the real deal but it's still early and it bothers me when people say he is a top tier QB or he gets called elite. If he had played the Rams schedule these first two years of his he wouldn't have 22 wins under his belt. In fact he's benefited from the weakest division I can remember in a long, long time.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron

Imagine if they had to deal with another Painter for more than one season.

God they'd probably kill themselves.

Imagine Pats fans too, they know days are dark, why they're always trying to convince themselves every back up is the replacement they need. First Cassel, then Mallett.