Zach McCrite Having a Bad Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The "win is a win" crowd has a blind spot

r85kH.png

http://www.101sports.com/category/zmccr ... lind-spot/

Got some random musings at the bottom that may interest you, but to get things started today, let me rail on something that gets on my nerves.

To the people that say “a win is a win in the NFL,” gee, thanks for that update. I certainly couldn’t tell from the number that mysteriously changed from “3” to “4” in the win column in the NFL standings. Thanks for clearing that up.

Here’s what I don’t understand: I had fans and media members crushing my stance that I actually thought there was—brace yourself—progress in the Rams tie against the San Francisco 49ers three weeks ago (blasphemy, I know). Meanwhile, others criticized the team’s inability to close a game against a Super Bowl contender on their home field late in the game. Fair enough. I didn’t think my stance or their stance was wrong, but fair enough.

But then, when I criticize the Rams for coming out last Sunday against the Arizona Cardinals and basically put in a crappy gameplan to start the game, that view gets criticized again by a loud faction of fans and media.

“A win is a win,” they’ll say. Or, the better (and more condescending) response I’ll get is “the Rams don’t have to apologize to anyone for a win in the National Football League.” (By the way, news flash, you can just use the acronym… it’s N-F-L. Thanks.)

Did they not notice that it was the same defensive gameplan that enabled the “almighty” Mark Sanchez to go 15-for-20 passing and empowered the lowly New York Jets to walk out of the Edward Jones Dome with a win the week prior? I’ll digress on this portion of my frustration.

But, here’s where you lose me. If you are one of the people that lambasted me a couple of Sundays ago for actually thinking the Rams showed progress in a tie against the 49ers, then riddle me this: does your complete opinion on that Rams-Niners game change if there’s not a delay-of-game penalty in overtime and Greg Zuerlein and they win?

Oh, it would?

Oh, that’s right, because like you’ve told me ad nauseum after the win over the Cardinals this past week that “no one has to apologize for a win in the NFL,” right?

So, what you’re saying is that a made field goal that was a second too late in San Francisco completely changes your entire opinion on a game? Wow, that’s shallow.

I feel like I said this last week: nothing is black and white. So, forgive me if I—God forbid—look a little deeper and offer some criticism in wins and some praise in losses. It’s just a little deeper than Ws and Ls, at least for me.

The good news is that the Rams coaching staff figured out, before it was too late, that it’s okay to enforce a little pressure on a rookie quarterback and jam their receivers at the line of scrimmage in the process. My criticism—yes, I know it was a win—lied in how long it took for the Rams’ coaching staff to come to that realization.

A couple of other things:

- One of these days, and I think this day is coming soon, all of the Bradford backers are going to have to suspend the “he lacks the weapons to succeed” argument. I’ll give it the rest of the year to see if my theory holds (maybe it won’t), but Chris Givens, Danny Amendola, Steven Jackson, Daryl Richardson looks like a nice little stable of weapons that some quarterbacks in this league would take over their own. Just saying.

- Who cares if Jamaal Charles asked Peyton Manning for an autograph after the game? I’m not a fan of the Chiefs (thank goodness), but if I were, so long as Charles put in a good day’s work on the football field, have at it. Charles on Sunday: 23 carries, 107 yards. Go get your autograph.

- I’m still waiting for someone to send me a link to a credible website that has Jeff Fisher in the hunt for another job in football. I’m still stunned people actually wasted time on that.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
- One of these days, and I think this day is coming soon, all of the Bradford backers are going to have to suspend the “he lacks the weapons to succeed” argument. I’ll give it the rest of the year to see if my theory holds (maybe it won’t), but Chris Givens, Danny Amendola, Steven Jackson, Daryl Richardson looks like a nice little stable of weapons that some quarterbacks in this league would take over their own. Just saying.

Maybe that will be the day he actually fucking does sack.

Amendola. How many games has he been on the field? Was Givens up to speed when he was? So he's basically only had them BOTH for about 2 games. Discounting last week because of Dannys condition obviously. Jackson was "out" for a while with the groin and is just now coming around. Rich has been Rich. What a steal. Then we have the line. Yes, Boudreau has done a fine job, but the line has been in shambles and stfu if you think not.

I would be willing to bet that 90% of the fucking league would not be willing to trade places with Bradford for the year if he kept his salary. So please, stfu and listen to Venturi.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Btw. I've determined that anyone who has their gay little ranty bitch about Bradford then finishes with "just sayin" needs to be punched in the dick. It's old and annoying as fuck. Just sayin.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Being able to curse freely on a message board is liberating, eh? :lol:

And for those of you who still haven't figured it out, and some of you haven't, you can actually speak freely if you do it properly. [per the Board Rules] Users have the option of turning on/off the profanity filter through their User Control Panel at any time. UCP > Board Preferences > Edit Display Settings > Enable Word Censoring > (YES/NO) [or click this link to get there].

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Username said:
Btw. I've determined that anyone who has their gay little ranty bitch about Bradford then finishes with "just sayin" needs to be punched in the dick. It's old and annoying as fuck. Just sayin.
:owned:

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Agreed Mr. Name. Am I happy that we have a couple guys like Givens, Amendola and Richardson? Damn straight, but I wouldn't call a rookie one-trick-pony, and a slot guy with 9 YPC on his career (and health concerns) a glorious stocked cabinet of weapons. Let's try and keep it somewhat in perspective, guy.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Username said:
Ouchie!!! Just sayin ;)

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Warner4Prez said:
Agreed Mr. Name. Am I happy that we have a couple guys like Givens, Amendola and Richardson? Damn straight, but I wouldn't call a rookie one-trick-pony, and a slot guy with 9 YPC on his career (and health concerns) a glorious stocked cabinet of weapons. Let's try and keep it somewhat in perspective, guy.

I don't think Givens is a one trick pony type receiver. He is very much so a rookie though I agree. Makes what hes accomplished much more impressive too.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I want to punch the fat right off his smug face. He's essentially wanting Bradford to fail, probably so he can say "I told you so!" .. Fuck him.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It's as if this clown thinks he's going out on a limb to suggest that a win over the Cards isn't the same as a win over the Whiners. Wow... really dude? You ARE brilliant. And I think you really need to confront the fans who rejoiced in the win. Never mind that the week before, that same Cards team almost, and probably should have, beat the one loss Falcons.

This is nothing more than a sad cry for attention from this fat fuck. "Hey... maybe if I put out this weak attempt at martyring myself, someone will notice my whining little rant. Oh and just to be sure, I'll add a Bradford sucks snip at the end."

Does anyone really care what the three fans (four counting his mom) who read this guy's column thought about it?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I love the passion I'm seeing in this thread my Brethren.

I'm also glad to see everyone else properly using some choice language for a change ... sometimes I think I'm the only potty mouth here.

The fat chick who wrote this shit should hook up with Bernie.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:
RamFan503 said:
Selassie I said:
sometimes I think I'm the only potty mouth here.

Nah.... Fuck no.

Fucking A !
Hey!

That's enough of that fuckin' talk around here.

The fuck's wrong with you people? :fk:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Finally turned that stupid fucking filter off. Now it's time to get the fuck down. That chubby baby door should take his ass over to the PD........snot, piss, pussy, shit, booger........

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Faceplant said:
Finally turned that stupid fucking filter off. Now it's time to get the fuck down. That chubby baby door should take his ass over to the PD........snot, piss, pussy, shit, booger........
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHhbiFKHwak[/youtube]

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Username said:
Btw. I've determined that anyone who has their gay little ranty bitch about Bradford then finishes with "just sayin" needs to be punched in the dick. It's old and annoying as freak. Just sayin.
Sam Bradford's a bust, the Rams totally destroyed their franchise for the next 10 years for passing on RGIII...just saying. :razzed:

Alright, I totally agree with you, but I never heard the term "punched in the dick". I like it, it's graphic and new. I think I'm going to find a way to use it today in conversation. Hey, did you hear about John Smith? Yeah, the boss just punched him in the dick.