Zach Evans twitter thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
I just hope Noteboom does better as a RG than as a LG
He was thrown to the wolves to start at a position he's NEVER PLAYED and expected to start? I don't care who you are you are not going to play well at a new position that REQUIRES COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TECHNIQUES, muchless being expected to start and play at a high level. That is being absurd.

IMO they would like him to start at RG for two reasons. McClendon isn't ready and they aren't going to make the same mistake twice. They want Joe to build up rightside muscle memory since he's only played on the left side. This way when McClendon is ready to start next year at RG Joe can shift to RT. It makes complete sense.

Regarding Evans we can see why some felt Evans has low first round talent. IMO Evans gives them an option at starting RB if they can't extend Akers next year. Freeman is what he is, which is a decent backup RB. I think Freeman bumps Rivers off the team and his longevity depends upon the Akers contract. Evans is a power runner which is what you want if you are going to run between the tackles.

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
He plays rookies all the time, Akers, Henderson etc. Would have played Kyren if he didnt get hurt
Just dont know if he keeps 4 RB's. Royce Freeman types are available on the waiver wire
He doesn’t play rookie rb’s that struggle in protection. Evans did the matador move on a third down the other night. Akers is the Bell Cow. Williams the third down back. Freeman will be the short yardage back and Evans likely the project that doesn’t dress on Sunday. Rivers is being used as camp fodder.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Do you like Rivers better than both Freeman & Evans? I feel like they both have more potential or "upside" but I admit I haven't seen a lot of Rivers .

Call me crazy, but right now, I’d take Rivers over Freeman and Evans. Of course, that means that Freeman’s off the roster, but I’m not going to deny that Rivers has played his ass off so far.

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He was thrown to the wolves to start at a position he's NEVER PLAYED and expected to start? I don't care who you are you are not going to play well at a new position that REQUIRES COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TECHNIQUES, muchless being expected to start and play at a high level. That is being absurd.

IMO they would like him to start at RG for two reasons. McClendon isn't ready and they aren't going to make the same mistake twice. They want Joe to build up rightside muscle memory since he's only played on the left side. This way when McClendon is ready to start next year at RG Joe can shift to RT. It makes complete sense.

Regarding Evans we can see why some felt Evans has low first round talent. IMO Evans gives them an option at starting RB if they can't extend Akers next year. Freeman is what he is, which is a decent backup RB. I think Freeman bumps Rivers off the team and his longevity depends upon the Akers contract. Evans is a power runner which is what you want if you are going to run between the tackles.
Oh FFS, where do I start?

Okay... how about, who exactly thought Evans was low first round talent?

jjab360

Legend
I thought he looked fine, there's clearly talent there.

One thing I will say, I noticed him tap his helmet to sub out a few times. Unless I'm wrong and that's not what happened or there's more to it that's strange to see from a young guy trying to make an impression in his first ever NFL action...

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Call me crazy, but right now, I’d take Rivers over Freeman and Evans. Of course, that means that Freeman’s off the roster, but I’m not going to deny that Rivers has played his ass off so far.
I liked the toughness Freeman displayed on his TD run, but I noticed later he got trucked trying to block in the backfield.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I liked the toughness Freeman displayed on his TD run, but I noticed later he got trucked trying to block in the backfield.
I prefer Freeman's size as well. If they are going to pound the ball more, I want a big back to back up Akers. Williams is your 3rd down guy, Evans mixed in if needed, but you need another goal line guy if Akers gets nicked up.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah Evans had a good game. Starting to like our RB room a bit more just want to see them stay healthy.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He doesn’t play rookie rb’s that struggle in protection. Evans did the matador move on a third down the other night. Akers is the Bell Cow. Williams the third down back. Freeman will be the short yardage back and Evans likely the project that doesn’t dress on Sunday. Rivers is being used as camp fodder.
Akers and Henderson both struggled with pass pro. I dont see any correlation to rookie rb's under McVay watch.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
You can almost tell even on that one carry that if you gave him about five or six touches he's going to break one for 15-20 yards or more.

That's ALL I saw
that's my story
and I'm sticking to it
He just can't fumble which plagued him in college.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

I don’t see how it will be possible for boom to play RT next year with Hav there.

1692157646969.png

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
He just can't fumble which plagued him in college.

Luckily that’s something that can be fixed. Adrian Peterson is one of the greatest to ever do it and even he was plagued by fumbles early on. He had 20 in his first three seasons, then only six in the following three.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I think we stick with Akers, Kyren, Freeman, and Evans on gameday. Rivers is not likely to get snatched off of our PS, were I think Evans might.