Your Top 5 at #19

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Then why would The Rams do that ? I mean also don’t forget about Logan Bruss(lmao). There’s a lot of guys that are on reserve future contracts.IMO building blocks are in place upfront on the Offensive Line. I honestly think DEFENSE is key right now & finding another RB ? Is Zach Evan’s that guy ?

Is Kyren Williams going to be an All Pro ? Kyren’s rookie season I told a kid that he wasn’t when he was saying he meet the players.The Rams do a good job at that. He wasn’t a Acers Fan.
Watching Rivers & Williams workout & block is special.
You don't pass on a LT like Fuaga because of Jackson and definitely not because of Logan Bruss. That's terrible management.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I find the second part of the subject more interesting.
Who do I NOT want the 9ers to draft at #31?
—anybody who can come in and start on defense and can be a difference maker. A guy like Robinson (DE) or DeJean (DB) comes to mind as players who could be there at #31.

This team is built on a great defense and strong run/short passing game. As they lose players on defense, more pressure is added to the offense, particularly their QB. They aren’t built to win that way. The 9ers just don’t win a lot of tight games, let alone come from behind ones.

If anything, they will likely need a WR if they are looking to move off of either ayuck or dweebo. If that’s the case, I hope they pick one of the shiny speedsters who just happens to have a “drops issue”.

What would be really cool is if they draft a 1rst round project like Mims who has had about as much game experience as their last 1rst round failure (trey lance)…and get the same results.
Mims has too much potential. I want them to draft Guyton. He has bust written all over him.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm warming on DeJean...I've been against taking a DB early but he has versatility and is a playmaker, and we need to get better at creating turnovers

Memphis Ram

Legend
Your number 6 guy is a WEAK CHOICE!!! IMO he will be CROSSED OFF The Rams draft board !! Say as you want & respect your draft knowledge,but that is a NO GO!!

Also all along I’m against Thomas that early. Bowers to me might be too good a value to pass up.I’d say Higbees health might make it easier to draft him? Mcvay would have to shuffle his offense a little more than he has planned now?

Defense is KEY for The Rams.As I look up & down the draft board it might not be bad to trade down for a couple key pieces,but then again makes me think they will TRADE UP to get there GUY(player) ?

Could you see a Turner Turner ? I don’t know.This is the point where I just want The Draft to get started.

I disagree. Especially if the Rams smartly draft players and not just positions.

In other words, it's possible that the next best player at a certain position some may want isn't as good as another player at a position that some may not want. Team needs don't influence player availability and they change yearly.

dang

Legend
I'm kinda surprised that Fuaga is being considered as a potential blindside protector (LT).
I’m asking only because I don’t know. Not trying to be a smart ass. What was Ajax projected to be coming out of college?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You don't pass on a LT like Fuaga because of Jackson and definitely not because of Logan Bruss. That's terrible management.
Well - it’s all hypothetical to tell the truth.You know how many Mock Drafts you go through each year & see how they change.

I’m(have been)under the impression that The Rams value Joesph Noteboom more than Jourdan(lol),or most Fans.We’ll see what happens in 2024? IMO if he stays healthy he will be The Rams starting LT(I’ll do a I was told come September?) to most dismay.That’s me …

You could be right of not passing on Fuaga ? I think he doesn’t get past the Bears & Jets ? The draft seems forever away still,meaning not fast enough. Actually not this Thursday,but next.

I’d take Luta over Fuaga just because of value of need,especially if Alaric signs.If he signs a multi year deal I could see Jackson starting for sure.

I don’t think we ever find out,but come draft time I might have a change of heart by how the board is playing out.

—If The Rams trade up — who is that player going to be ??? It’s a hard call because of the unknown.
Last season The Rams wanted to trade up & would have if they had the Draft Value they have today.Steve Avila,B.Young,Turner, & Puka are as good as any of these draft prospects ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I’m asking only because I don’t know. Not trying to be a smart ass. What was Ajax projected to be coming out of college?
He wasn’t even drafted!! So the opinion OF him wasn’t all that much. HE DID START AT LT for Iowa.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
In a perfect world, trade back to 22 with Eagles for one of their seconds in exchange for one of our 3rds...

Then hopefully Murphy or one of the edges are still there, or Thomas/ Dejean

Right now though as for top 5 realistic picks for the first pick.

1.Verse - Best fit opposite Young, highest upside as strongside edge with great pass rush potential, adds physical presence that is needed

2.Latu - Most polished for imediate impact as a pass rusher

3.Thomas - Great fit as he adds a stretch the field element, with high upside as he improves route running

4.Murphy - More of a need pick, but can come in and help Turner immediately on pass rush downs

5.Dejean - Playmaker in the secondary and in return game, immediate impact

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I disagree. Especially if the Rams smartly draft players and not just positions.

In other words, it's possible that the next best player at a certain position some may want isn't as good as another player at a position that some may not want. Team needs don't influence player availability and they change yearly.
Well then again your view point on talent & character is a lot different than mine & probably The Rams.

I know what I know & right now it’s Hog Wash !! Les Sneed is going to find a value pick from Texas.There is just to many good players on that squad.,

The LBer Ford is a player that catches my attention as does the OLB from Mississippi .

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I find the second part of the subject more interesting.
Who do I NOT want the 9ers to draft at #31?
—anybody who can come in and starts on defense and can be a difference maker. A guy like Robinson (DE) or DeJean (DB) comes to mind.

Just like the harblah run, this team is built on a great defense and strong run game. As they lose players on defense, more pressure is added to the offense, particularly their QB. They aren’t built to win that way. The 9ers just don’t win a lot of tight games, let alone come from behind ones.

Kentuckyrams

Pro Bowler
I think #19 is not a bad spot this year, if we are looking for defensive help. It seems like a heavy offensive draft for the top half of the first round. Of course, a true downfield threat at WR could look great to McVay, and I love the idea of us getting bigger and more physical on the O-line, just because of how good our offense is with a run game, so there could be a great OL still there at #19. Couldn't argue if we drafted either.

That said, I really would like a scenario where we trade back 3-4 spots for at least a 3rd rounder, if the draft shakes up to be top heavy on offense. For example, if some combo of Mitchell, Verse, Murphy, Newton, Latu, Dejean are still in the wings at #19, any one of those would be a great addition, and that extra pick would give us flexibility in adding several good players later or trading up in the 2nd if we really like a player there.

dang

Legend
Projected to be Lucky to make a 53 man roster, more likely a PS player
"That's why they play the games"
Everything I read about Fuaga is he plays hard and nasty. I’d love that add at RT or LT but I realize it’s not a need this year.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don’t think Fuaga will be a tackle in the NFL. However I could see them drafting a OlT. I won’t be too happy about it, however I expect that if he’s there, the Rams will draft Mims to be their Trent Williams/Big Whit for the next ten + years. A rookie OLT gets them past the 3 year contracts that they have the two guards.
Lord. Taking a pure upside tackle in a year we are hoping to compete for a 'ship with frankly perhaps the least talented defense in the league (at least the least cap invested in it). The dude has 8 average starts. He could end up being the best LT in history, but him doing anything above average or elite is pure projection.
Hard to see a scenario where Turner makes it past ATL at 8 or Chicago at 9 unless a flurry of trades come.
I think Latu has a pretty good shot to go at 8 and Oduze at 9, or even vice versa.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Well then again your view point on talent & character is a lot different than mine & probably The Rams.

I know what I know & right now it’s Hog Wash !! Les Sneed is going to find a value pick from Texas.There is just to many good players on that squad.,

The LBer Ford is a player that catches my attention as does the OLB from Mississippi .
Apparently, you have some inside information of which the rest of us don't have access.

However, I noticed that while you have probably posted more than anyone else on this thread, you have yet to list your top 5 players at the #19 selection.:thinking:

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mims has too much potential. I want them to draft Guyton. He has bust written all over him.
I don't get the love/like for Guyton. His a big athletic guy who played tackle at Oklahoma, but, did he play great? I'd say convincingly no. He's another pure projection IMO. He got torched against Texas/TCU/UCF.... Given the 2 as options, I think I'd rather roll the dice with Mims, at least he hasn't had many games played at all. Guyton has and was not impressive to me at all.