Your Surprise Rams Transactions (Cuts) This Saturday?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
Easly and Mannion. Either would be a surprise to me.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Mannion is the likeliest and biggest surprise cut. He basically lost the job moreso than he was beaten out, and barring him playing the game of his life in game 4 I think he's good as gone and there will be a lot of surprise by those who haven't been watching and/or making assumptions.

Hodge doesn't necessarily need Cooper to be cut to make the team btw. All he has to do is beat out one bottom feeder from another position. I'm not predicting Coop to be a cut, as the counter arguments around his All Pro status and regular season production last year are good ones. But he doesn't look like the same dude and I'm a little concerned.

Not sure of a surprise but Hemingway and Tanzel Smart.

Hemingway is actually an obvious cut IMO. But maybe a surprise to some yeah. Smart also hasn't really developed, watched him on some stunts and rushes this preseason and he's slow and not powerful.

Thomas would definitely be a surprise cut due to his play at gunner. But that value can rise or fall based on what they think internally of some of the other dudes they've been running out there. Truth is while he runs much better routes now his hands have not developed and he's most likely going to be a core special teamer the remainder of his career. Which normally cements you a spot on the bottom roster but that's certainly no given.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Wow great thread. This year very tough.

Mannion maybe it definitely would be a head turner but who legitimately replaces him. Allen is risky I might see some trade for a backup QB.

Hill on defense - played horribly this offseaoff-.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I see Barron being a contract restructure minimally and with the threat of being cut hanging over his head, he accepts.
JMO.

Last edited:

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Maybe this will be the first year in a long, long time without a surprise cut. Rams roster is very good.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did we see more trades last year at cut time? IIRC we did but I didnt sleep in a Holiday express last night

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
By surprise, I would say an “Akeem Ayers” type of release. In other words, a player off the radar, seemingly safe, that is let go by the coaches that know better, despite our superior internet scouting observations. :whistle:

Possible candidates:

Offense: Jamon Brown, Josh Reynolds, Malcom Brown, (Hemingway is seemingly on the radar) I think Mannion would be a bit of a surprise, even as bad as he has played.

Defense: Blake Countess, Ramik Wilson, Tanzeil Smart.
“Chill” @RamDino ? :eek: Yeah. Some suuuper controversial stuff, there. Did you hit a wrong button?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Stop with the "chills" and the "inappropriates." Nothing worthy of that in this thread. It's like driving around with your kids. "Don't make me stop the car and come back there!" :mrburns:

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame

That’s actually kind of nice...yes...refreshing.

7F6E9149-7A27-486C-89B8-B95DE1C71ADC.jpeg

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
1) Mannion. If Goff goes down, the Rams are sunk. That being said, only Mannion knows the system and Allen has only been playing vs 3's and 4's in a vanilla style. That's deceptive. I think the best case scenario is he takes over for Mannion next year when Mannion's contract is up.
2)Price. He played well last game and was a pick by the new regime in, what I think, was a planned scenario to revamp our LB crew.
3) Reynolds. He was drafted to replace Thomas (same skill set), but has now been dinged up on both of his first 2 camps. Guys who come on to the league like this usually have careers like this. Either he goes or Thomas does, because Hodge is gonna make the roster. If not, he'll be signed somewhere else.
4) Kiser. Actually, until last game I thought he sucked. I know MLB is the most desperate area on the roster so Kiser's learning curve is tolerable, but he's showed nothing that would make me keep him over Hager RIGHT NOW. I know there are folks who are high on this kid and I saw enough last game to think he can get significantly better, so I would be surprised if he washed out. He'd get picked up somewhere and given a chance to develop. Just don't know if he can be hidden on the practice squad. However, based on what I have seen this preseason, I would be disappointed if Kiser was kept at the expense of Hager.

Guys that WOULD NOT surprise me if they got cut?
1) Hemingway. I've been reading a lotta praises in the form of hope re him the last 3 camps. Haven't seen it.
2) Easley. see Reynolds, but at a couple mil a year.
3) Williams. I was not sure if Noteboom could handle LT in a pinch, but he looks just as good if not better than Williams. He could fill in on the right should anything befall Havs. Gbye Williams.
3) RB Davis. See Easley and Reynolds.
4) Demby. I get it. You take over a team and want to make it your own. Usually that means dumping "your inheritance " for YOUR new guys as quickly as possible, but eventually you have a roster that is good enough that you have to start excepting that there are few openings and not every draft pick is gonna work out. Maybe I'm seeing something else, but he has stunk vs guys who are also fighting for roster spots.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Maybe they deal Reynolds in order to get a back up QB like Griffin. Balt needs WRs and we seem to have a few good young prospects at the end of our roster.
This was my thought. Maybe call Arizona for Glennon. He's a lifer backup but i think he's better than Mannion. Definitely more experienced....and trust me when i say that the Cardinals need help at WR.
Dealing within the division though...not likely.

There's still plenty of time for the light to come on for Reynolds but the Rams can't cut Hodge or even stash him. He'll get picked up quick and i see natural talent there. Instincts. Not a coach-able skill. He made Mannion look good.

Rams will carry six WR's. Cooks. Woods. Kupp are obvious locks. Cooper is safe.

Reynolds
Thomas
Hodge
Brown
Rams will very likely keep two of these four guys on the 53. Thomas brings ST's value so he has the edge there.

Brown will be cut...leaving a decision to be made between Hodge and Reynolds. I keep Hodge and try to trade Reynolds or risk the PS.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
This was my thought. Maybe call Arizona for Glennon. He's a lifer backup but i think he's better than Mannion. Definitely more experienced....and trust me when i say that the Cardinals need help at WR.
Dealing within the division though...not likely.

There's still plenty of time for the light to come on for Reynolds but the Rams can't cut Hodge or even stash him. He'll get picked up quick and i see natural talent there. Instincts. Not a coach-able skill. He made Mannion look good.

Rams will carry six WR's. Cooks. Woods. Kupp are obvious locks. Cooper is safe.

Reynolds
Thomas
Hodge
Brown
Rams will very likely keep two of these four guys on the 53. Thomas brings ST's value so he has the edge there.

Brown will be cut...leaving a decision to be made between Hodge and Reynolds. I keep Hodge and try to trade Reynolds or risk the PS.
I’m with you on everything except getting the q-tip Glennon. I’d rather keep Mannion unless it is more of a trade up. Not a lateral move.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
See what my mode of operation here is to ask nice the first time. When that doesn't work then it's time to ratchet things up a bit. The next person who gives someone a "chill" or an "inappropriate" in this thread goes on a ROD vacation.